• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

im looking at pictures of Niang and the hairstyle does look almost indentical, and the tone of his skin is prety much spot on. That said, where are they sitting? doesnt look like the West stand posh bit does it, could be anyone!

edit - actually Niangs skint tone is a bit darker, so it probably isnt him! And anyway didnt Everton agree a fee with Caen?

Milan as well. Next it's City, then Arsenal.

im looking at pictures of Niang and the hairstyle does look almost indentical, and the tone of his skin is prety much spot on. That said, where are they sitting? doesnt look like the West stand posh bit does it, could be anyone!

I couldn't work that out myself. Niang is a good shout but I thought he was signing for Everton?

I guess it is just paper talk. If it is him then he isn't as close to Everton as papers have suggested. On another thing Sahin gone to Pool, expect arsenal to move for M'Villa because their business isn't done.

We need another midfielder. fcuk we need 2 midfielders. another Modric type player, a winger, goalie and another striker. i think we will get 2 more in. 4 would be too much dollar

Well whoever this guy is, he was at the Lodge Friday and at the game today - must be quite advanced?

At the moment my opinion on what we might do this final week fluctuates massively. The way the window has gone we will either do mad amounts of business next week, or watch everything fall apart as has happened previously. Todays game at least would have emphasized the need to strengthen in key areas, especially as you say in going forward. We lack options and creativity. But basically this window is ridiculous now, never thought we'd be in this position so just want it to hurry up and close.

Well whoever this guy is, he was at the Lodge Friday and at the game today - must be quite advanced?

well thats the thing, he could be anyone. if its not Niang, then I dont think its a footballer as we wont sign someone out of the blue who we are not linked with (well I dont think we would anyway).

We need another midfielder. fcuk we need 2 midfielders. another Modric type player, a winger, goalie and another striker. i think we will get 2 more in. 4 would be too much dollar

But we have got rid of a fair few, and like AVB said after the match it gets frantic in the last couple of days so no doubt there will be more departures meaning more vacant spaces and more money coming in. I think we will get a minimum of 3 more, I just got a feeling Levy is prepared to back AVB a lot more than Redknapp and that is another reason why Levy didn't allow Redknapp to spend too much....

I hope so, just need one of those to be massive signings. A Moutinho would be good but unlikely, a Damiao again unlikely. Just need a massive signing to make a massive difference I think someone that can do something in a game to open it up, or someone that can dictate a game.

Harr1984 I hope you are right on that. But scrambling around in the last week is risky, don't want to hear any more 'we tried but the chairman just couldn't make it work' or having to hear AVB basically lie that we are perfectly fine. If we want to maintain our top 4 place we have to strengthen.

well thats the thing, he could be anyone. if its not Niang, then I dont think its a footballer as we wont sign someone out of the blue who we are not linked with (well I dont think we would anyway).

Yeah what Nayim said could well be right, might not be a footballer at all! He does have that footballer look about him though, and those guys who are with him look like his representatives but we shall soon find out I guess.....

A1KtNl7CMAAECn8.jpg

I think it's Niang

Niang1_original_crop_exact.jpg

I hope so, just need one of those to be massive signings. A Moutinho would be good but unlikely, a Damiao again unlikely. Just need a massive signing to make a massive difference I think someone that can do something in a game to open it up, or someone that can dictate a game.

Agree. I reckon we are in a better position regarding our targets than most of here think in that we have outlined our targets along with back up options, we know roughly what they will cost but Levy of course is going to wait until the usual circus kicks off in the final two/three days to get them in. I know it's not ideal, but for some reason I have more faith in the AVB/Sherwood/Levy recruitment drive than the Redknapp/Levy one. And I wouldn't be too hard on Levy, most clubs bar the super rich wait until the final couple of the days for a lot of their transfers,not just us.....

Agree. I reckon we are in a better position regarding our targets than most of here think in that we have outlined our targets along with back up options, we know roughly what they will cost but Levy of course is going to wait until the usual circus kicks off in the final two/three days to get them in. I know it's not ideal, but for some reason I have more faith in the AVB/Sherwood/Levy recruitment drive than the Redknapp/Levy one. And I wouldn't be too hard on Levy, most clubs bar the super rich wait until the final couple of the days for a lot of their transfers,not just us.....

true, otherwise it would be called Sky Sports Spurs Deadline Day! Every club works on deadline day!

Doesnt look any different to me. Looks like it could well be him.

Or as I said earlier, could be someone who has never kicked a ball before.

Dont forget there is very different lighting between the two pictures

Harr1984 I hope you are right on that. But scrambling around in the last week is risky, don't want to hear any more 'we tried but the chairman just couldn't make it work' or having to hear AVB basically lie that we are perfectly fine. If we want to maintain our top 4 place we have to strengthen.

Yeah I agree, lets hope its a successful final week for us...

Back