• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I seem to be in the minority but I really like Adam Johnson, and think he could be even better with a proper run of games. Surely he will get plenty of games if he comes to us, would argue he may be better than Lennon at least in end product

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan
We're told QPR bid accepted by Tottenham for Michael Dawson. Fee at least £9m. Dawson to discuss personal terms.

Portugal's league not as tactically advanced or varieed as PL. As for Barca - great players help with this formation and when teams such as chelsea developed an answer to their way of playing they had no "plan B."

Lol tactically advanced? Pull the other one. Just admit I showed your comment to be false and move on.

Johnson will go to Liverpool I would imagine. They desperately need some width and will be able to offer him a decent enough salary.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/25/tottenham-hotspur-tom-huddlestone-injury

"Last season was so frustrating," Huddlestone said. "I made four appearances at the start but then I picked up the ankle problem which persisted for months. It was particularly hard when I was two or three weeks away from returning and then I discovered I needed another operation that ruled me out for the season.
"That was a big setback but once I knew I would not play again, I could concentrate solely on getting ready for this pre-season. I've had no problems with the ankle since. It'll be something I'll always have, I just have to learn how to manage it. I'll have to take it day by day, but I don't think it will be a case of missing matches because the games are far enough apart."

Too immobile and injury prone. Same as Daws. Bye bye.

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan
We're told QPR bid accepted by Tottenham for Michael Dawson. Fee at least £9m. Dawson to discuss personal terms.

Has to be a good deal for us. £9m for a 5th choice CB who's value is only going to head south

yeah that does sound kind of chronic. could be a weight issue? or even cartilage ?

thats bad. but i still dont get why we have to send him away to manage his situation

Send him away permanently. The manage builds a team in his own image. If AVB wants him gone that's good enough or me.

I'd put my neck on the line and say he'd be a good signing. Quick, good on the ball, decent cross and shot. If he was playing weekly he'd have alot more kudos

He's still young so could get better but I'd rather see us try to develop Townsend if we want someone who's not yet the finished article. He wouldn't be playing week in week out here either.....

I know appearances can be deceptive, but we can't discuss the things we don't know anything about.

My post sounded desperate? I'm not sure which one your referring to. I didn't say i wanted Johnson, just stated that the wage demands make the 'rumoured' transfer pretty unbelievable..

-Why would we get Johnson?

-Because it's not like we appear to be queuing up to sign many other backup wingers?

Seems a little desperate to me!
Like I said, most likely not the case - but its how it read to me the first time.
I actually think this is just the sort of move we would make. Wouldnt be to happy myself, not a fan, but obviously one of those situations where it would be great to be proven wrong

bloody hell. he's been a pro athlete all his adult life. he's a big, broad bloke not some fatso loafer whose joints are buckling under his obese, pizza-ridden frame.

He's overweight in the modern game. And when you are a big lad your more injury prone. Flintoff in the cricket would be a good example.

-Why would we get Johnson?

-Because it's not like we appear to be queuing up to sign many other backup wingers?

Seems a little desperate to me!
Like I said, most likely not the case - but its how it read to me the first time.
I actually think this is just the sort of move we would make. Wouldnt be to happy myself, not a fan, but obviously one of those situations where it would be great to be proven wrong

Actually the quote was:

Honestly Im a little confused as to why so many want us to sign him

Because it's not like we appear to be queuing up to sign many other backup wingers?

As in, we're linked to him, we need his position, therefore people want him.

Portugal's league not as tactically advanced or varieed as PL. As for Barca - great players help with this formation and when teams such as chelsea developed an answer to their way of playing they had no "plan B."

Please give us a detailed tactical analysis of the Portuguese league. Club by club. That is a truly laughable statement.

Actually the quote was:

Honestly Im a little confused as to why so many want us to sign him

Because it's not like we appear to be queuing up to sign many other backup wingers?

As in, we're linked to him, we need his position, therefore people want him.

As Ive said, twice now, its probably in the way Ive read it.

Either way though - We are linked to someone - in a position we need - people automatically then want him? Seriously?!

If thats the case then desperate is the right word!

Back