• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please give us a detailed tactical analysis of the Portuguese league. Club by club. That is a truly laughable statement.

Would have thought to compare us to either of those sides would be more laughable. Just a thought;) Usually find you're on my wavelength.

As Ive said, twice now, its probably in the way Ive read it.

Either way though - We are linked to someone - in a position we need - people automatically then want him? Seriously?!

If thats the case then desperate is the right word!

If you watch the forum enough you see it every so often. (I watch the forum far too much)

Please give us a detailed tactical analysis of the Portuguese league. Club by club. That is a truly laughable statement.[/QUOTE

Point is Leeds looking over the last 20 years of PL the teams who have won have been able to mix it up a little based on a solid defensive shape. Cannot recall the high line being a major system of play in any of them. I may be wrong of course.

In fairness - how much mixing up have the top teams actually done throughout the season?

Chelsea - strongly defined style of play
Liverpool (when they were up there) - strongly defined style of play
Arsenal - strongly defined style of play

None of these were prone to changing tactics particularly at all IMO.

Utd and City are slightly different, in that they have a strongly defined shape/style but seem to have a very fluid front line (in itself a bit of a constant)

In other shocking news: Man Utd have been granted a work permit for Chilean teenager Angelo Henriquez. Were it any other club...

Fella I work with was getting his Barnet cut in same gaffe as Sandro this arvo and he mentioned the ade deal was imminent plus THFC were really trying to bring his national team mate LD to the Lane ........no gonad*s

Please give us a detailed tactical analysis of the Portuguese league. Club by club. That is a truly laughable statement.[/QUOTE

Point is Leeds looking over the last 20 years of PL the teams who have won have been able to mix it up a little based on a solid defensive shape. Cannot recall the high line being a major system of play in any of them. I may be wrong of course.

Agreed. But 4-3-3 was never played. Nor 4-5-1. Look at Man Utd. Pretty much 4-4-2. 4-4-2 has been the dominant formation until Mourinho came. No where did he learn his trade? ;)

In other shocking news: Man Utd have been granted a work permit for Chilean teenager Angelo Henriquez. Were it any other club...

I find the whole work permit thing rather silly, I mean we let everyone else into the country so why not footballers who will be paying hundreds of thousands in tax?

In fairness - how much mixing up have the top teams actually done throughout the season?

Chelsea - strongly defined style of play
Liverpool (when they were up there) - strongly defined style of play
Arsenal - strongly defined style of play

None of these were prone to changing tactics particularly at all IMO.

Utd and City are slightly different, in that they have a strongly defined shape/style but seem to have a very fluid front line (in itself a bit of a constant)

Yep. Agreed.

Fella I work with was getting his Barnet cut in same gaffe as Sandro this arvo and he mentioned the ade deal was imminent plus THFC were really trying to bring his national team mate LD to the Lane ........no gonad*s

Didn't he post a picture of himself with Sandro on twitter today too?

I find the whole work permit thing rather silly, I mean we let everyone else into the country so why not footballers who will be paying hundreds of thousands in tax?

Given how strict the rules are, United seem to always get their players under the 'exceptional talent' clause.

My point is not that we want to test him/observe/manage/molly coddle/look after him, rather we have done all that already - he is allegedly fit now - so what we want to see is whether or not he stands up to games.

Who says those games need to be with us?

In addition to that, it is not uncommon for our loanees (particularly youngsters to be fair) to routinely come back to us for us to check them out/have them for training etc. Why not Hudd?

Have someone else give him games, have someone else pay him, keep an eye on him and see if the injury holds...

Ive no idea. I imagine he is a heavy guy, for someone twisting/turning/sprinting etc - and the strain of these movements is probably exaggerated with his height as well. If there is a weakness in the ankle it is going to be subject to all that stress.

If it has always been predisposed to that weakness, not amount of healing is going to change the fact it might be a bit of a tight rope...

i dont believe i'm hearing this. This makes no sense to me at all. not even to the extent i want to reach for a compromise

i wonder, why didnt we send king off to some team for .....experience or healing or whatever you want to call it.

who says the games has to be with us? our coach who has an idea of what he needs and he who has it thats who. we need a playmaker brought into a game..oh no wait, we loaned out a returning fit player to another team so they can make use of his abilities when we may need it. Or we sent him out there not knowing how he can cope to a team we dont know what on earth is doing with him....thats how we look after our players and bring back players that we need who are valuable into the team...send them away.

the next time we get a lengthy injury to a valued first teamer we may need, i am just going to put it out there that people here think it is a good and perfectly logical and smart idea that we loan them out to another team so that we can assess them...in another city.

i think VDV, gallas, lennon and bale are overdue for some time out injruy....when that happens i think we should loan them out to a team to get fitness there with some potential hack or lesser staff that couldnt get a job at one of the best teams in the league (us)

after typing this out i see this is going nowhere , to actually argue about something i see almost no sense in.....this has got to prove that i'm insane :lol: ..... fill your boots nayim mate, it makes sense to you to loan out a first teamer after they come back from injury so you should stay the course and guard that corner.

*think we missed a trick with vidic and jovetic.... ;)

If you're going to criticise ITKs at least choose the right ones to criticise. He has provided decent info.

sorry , i must have missed it.

this guy is that good? seriously? what info has he provided again? how many right? Ade ? half the world added Ade to the list of people we were getting. there is nothing there

what else has he bagged? i'm actually being serious cause as far as i am aware all the ITks dont know anything aside from gossip and rumours, which is why practically all of them have been missing the sea...but if this guy has been providing great info and doesnt tend to get stuff wrong then hey i raise my hands, we might actually have a guy to get on his bandwagon..
but first i wouldnt mind knowing why he's revered

urgh, I posted earlier via mobile and it did not post

anyway

I think many here need to take a long look at themselves and what they think of Dawson.

Yes, Dawson is a FANTASTIC character and a very likeable lad considering he´s a professional footballer, however...

football is BUSINESS, and right now Dawson is 3rd-5th choice for CB. He has been injured a lot and maybe it is very good for all parties to cash in on him. 9m is very good, more to spend for us and he can maybe revive his England career.

I´ve always liked him, but I remember far too many games when he played not with King and he was pretty much pants. (City @ home last season was cringe worthy)

On his day he can be brilliant and he wears the badge on his sleeve and would pretty much die on the field for the club, but we have better now, and he is a defender of such quality that warming the bench will not suit him.

Sky Sports sources understand a deal has been agreed for Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin to move to Arsenal.

'valued first teamer'

I would not dispute the fact that he is valued, but i would dispute the idea he was a member of the first team, we played a Creative CM and a DM, Huddlestone is a creative CM, with Modric he was backup.

It happen all the times. It's exactly the same as what Real Madrid are currently trying to do with Sahin, they're trying to loan the player out so he can get lots of games to make sure his injury hasn't had any lasting effects. Makes perfect sense for a player who has been out for almost an entire year.

Back