• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They've got money but why would they pay £90k per week for a player they don't own??!!

Because they were paying him 170k. It's a reduction of 80k. If they hadn't they wouldn't have gotten him off their books so they would have had to keep paying 170k..

Because they know full well they ridiculously overpaid him and would rather get a good chunk of his wages off the bill considering noone is prepared to stump up those wages and a tidy few million transfer fee for a player they're never going to use.

Not that difficult to comprehend is it?!

please be true about adam johnson

He's on like 80k at City apparently. He wouldn't start here. He'd have to take a pay cut of at least 30k to be remotely feasible.

Can't see it happening without City funding yet another players wages, which they will be reluctant to do.

you still havent explained why we need to commit him elsewhere if WE want to see how he handles it. why not test him out here while he is still delivering great passes for us? if he breaks down then we know , if he doesnt then he keeps his place.

why does he need to go somewhere else if WE are trying to assess him ? who knows what goes on in training somewhere else? with us its a controlled enviroment.....so instead we add lots of unknown variables by sending him off somehwhere we dont kn ow what he is doing or how they are treating him?

weird that a guy recovering from injury needs looking after by someone else

My point is not that we want to test him/observe/manage/molly coddle/look after him, rather we have done all that already - he is allegedly fit now - so what we want to see is whether or not he stands up to games.

Who says those games need to be with us?

In addition to that, it is not uncommon for our loanees (particularly youngsters to be fair) to routinely come back to us for us to check them out/have them for training etc. Why not Hudd?

Have someone else give him games, have someone else pay him, keep an eye on him and see if the injury holds...

yeah that does sound kind of chronic. could be a weight issue? or even cartilage ?

thats bad. but i still dont get why we have to send him away to manage his situation

Ive no idea. I imagine he is a heavy guy, for someone twisting/turning/sprinting etc - and the strain of these movements is probably exaggerated with his height as well. If there is a weakness in the ankle it is going to be subject to all that stress.

If it has always been predisposed to that weakness, not amount of healing is going to change the fact it might be a bit of a tight rope...

He's on like 80k at City apparently. He wouldn't start here. He'd have to take a pay cut of at least 30k to be remotely feasible.

Can't see it happening without City funding yet another players wages, which they will be reluctant to do.

One article said today that Sunderland were going to offer him £50k.

Honestly Im a little confused as to why so many want us to sign him

One article said today that Sunderland were going to offer him £50k.

Honestly Im a little confused as to why so many want us to sign him

Because it's not like we appear to be queuing up to sign many other backup wingers?

I'd rather take a punt on someone younger. Townsend for Bale, Redmond for Lennon.

Sorted.

Just heard that ADE has been given no 25. Surely that means either we are signing someone else, or Harry Kane will get the honour.....

Because it's not like we appear to be queuing up to sign many other backup wingers?

I'd rather take a punt on someone younger. Townsend for Bale, Redmond for Lennon.

Sorted.

Appearances can be deceptive, dont forget we see a small fraction of what happens behind the scenes. For all we know there is a list as long as your arm of wingers we are approaching!

That said, (and Im sure its not the case here) but your post sounds desperate, and IMO you would need to be desperate to go for Johnson. Tricky player, but not a team player and too much of a show boater. If thats what you want why not just feed Bentleys ego and push him into the side?

Appearances can be deceptive, dont forget we see a small fraction of what happens behind the scenes. For all we know there is a list as long as your arm of wingers we are approaching!

That said, (and Im sure its not the case here) but your post sounds desperate, and IMO you would need to be desperate to go for Johnson. Tricky player, but not a team player and too much of a show boater. If thats what you want why not just feed Bentleys ego and push him into the side?

I know appearances can be deceptive, but we can't discuss the things we don't know anything about.

My post sounded desperate? I'm not sure which one your referring to. I didn't say i wanted Johnson, just stated that the wage demands make the 'rumoured' transfer pretty unbelievable..

Back