• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
do you have a link to any of his interviews where he said that his ankle would never be right again. i want to see if i can get the tone of the article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/25/tottenham-hotspur-tom-huddlestone-injury

"Last season was so frustrating," Huddlestone said. "I made four appearances at the start but then I picked up the ankle problem which persisted for months. It was particularly hard when I was two or three weeks away from returning and then I discovered I needed another operation that ruled me out for the season.
"That was a big setback but once I knew I would not play again, I could concentrate solely on getting ready for this pre-season. I've had no problems with the ankle since. It'll be something I'll always have, I just have to learn how to manage it. I'll have to take it day by day, but I don't think it will be a case of missing matches because the games are far enough apart."

well £18m will do it, which isn't breaking the bank. I've seen people on here saying about £22m, sounds feasable.

True, not as much as I thought but it's still a club transfer record. But with the amount of funds we've gotten in (and might be getting in within the next week or so), I agree, definitely within the realms of possibility.

Not to hand, google it - shouldnt be hard to find. The tone was generally positive, "should" be ok but would need to be managed.

Given his tendency to break down over the last couple of seasons perhaps we want to see if he really is up to it? What better way than not having him cost you a squad place and letting someone else take the risk?

If by Jan he is going great guns then fantastic, bring him back. If he has broken down again then theres our answer, and we didnt get hit with the lost squad place...

you still havent explained why we need to commit him elsewhere if WE want to see how he handles it. why not test him out here while he is still delivering great passes for us? if he breaks down then we know , if he doesnt then he keeps his place.

why does he need to go somewhere else if WE are trying to assess him ? who knows what goes on in training somewhere else? with us its a controlled enviroment.....so instead we add lots of unknown variables by sending him off somehwhere we dont kn ow what he is doing or how they are treating him?

weird that a guy recovering from injury needs looking after by someone else

Last edited:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/25/tottenham-hotspur-tom-huddlestone-injury

"Last season was so frustrating," Huddlestone said. "I made four appearances at the start but then I picked up the ankle problem which persisted for months. It was particularly hard when I was two or three weeks away from returning and then I discovered I needed another operation that ruled me out for the season.
"That was a big setback but once I knew I would not play again, I could concentrate solely on getting ready for this pre-season. I've had no problems with the ankle since. It'll be something I'll always have, I just have to learn how to manage it. I'll have to take it day by day, but I don't think it will be a case of missing matches because the games are far enough apart."

yeah that does sound kind of chronic. could be a weight issue? or even cartilage ?

thats bad. but i still dont get why we have to send him away to manage his situation

yeah that does sound kind of chronic. could be a weight issue? or even cartilage ?

thats bad. but i still dont get why we have to send him away to manage his situation

bloody hell. he's been a pro athlete all his adult life. he's a big, broad bloke not some fatso loafer whose joints are buckling under his obese, pizza-ridden frame.

'It is understood Spurs refused to break their strict wage structure to accommodate Adebayor. But with the player refusing to accept a big pay-cut, the Premier League champions were forced to accept having to continue to pay the player the difference between his new wage of around £80,000 and his earnings at City in order to complete the deal.'

good work Levy.

It's the fro

sadly it's the common (mis?)perception that because he's big that he's cumbersome and slow. i think that's too simplistic, i just don't think you can operate in the PL if you don't have a basis of athletic ability.

anyway, i'd rather have a footballer playing football than a straight-up speed merchant.

I love Dawson he is committed to the team and a whole hearted player BUT how often did I read on this site over the last three seasons he only plays well next to an experienced player ie King or Gallas. If we get an acceptable offer for a player AVB deems surplus to requirements so be it. Do you think Dawson at 28 wants to be fifth choice? Good move for him IMHO.

He partnered Bassong (when he wasn't suspended), in the season we got CL. Quite often too.

It's the fro

'It is understood Spurs refused to break their strict wage structure to accommodate Adebayor. But with the player refusing to accept a big pay-cut, the Premier League champions were forced to accept having to continue to pay the player the difference between his new wage of around £80,000 and his earnings at City in order to complete the deal.'

good work Levy.

No way that can be true.

Back