• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Southampton's move for Bologna ace Gaston Ramirez is in danger of collapse with the Italian club not happy with the offer on the table.

Ramirez had claimed he was on the verge of joining Premier League new boys Southampton with just a few minor details to be resolved.

However, Bologna president Albano Guaraldi has hit out at Ramierz and insists they will not be forced into selling the player for a fee lower than €20million (£15.8m).

"The situation is much more complicated than he thinks," Guaraldi told Sky Italia. "It's not just about figures, but seeing what is included and what isn't.

"The offer we received has not been considered suitable. His agent has already reached an agreement with the English club, but we haven't. Now the situation is static, we made our demands and will see what happens.

"I don't understand why Gaston said those things. I won't even get into the behaviour of his agent."

Guaraldi is adamant that Bologna will stand firm despite Ramirez pushing for a move to St Mary's.

Bologna remain adamant they will not release Ramirez for less than €20m, which is around £15.8million.

"We spoke to the top Italian clubs about Gaston, but I have always been clear: I'd let him go only for a suitable offer, which so far has not arrived. I maintained my consistency and refused the bid," added Guaraldi.

"I am irritated because one of my players spoke as if he were already at another club, when there still isn't any agreement.

"I can understand his desire to make the move, but I do not share his timing and methods. All negotiations can collapse, which is why I consider the player's attitude to be premature.

"The club cannot be forced to follow the rules of players and agents."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8000333/Bologna-cool-Ramirez-sale-talk

Quite bizarre to see a player desperate to leave a decent Serie A team and try to force a move through to...Southampton.

4 days ago:

"The only solid offer is the one from Tottenham, who offered €16million [£12.6m]," Betancourt told Calciomercato.

"But the deal didn't go through because Spurs offered too low a wage to the player and if the wage difference is minimal he would stay at Bologna.

In one respect I am not surprised by how this window has gone. This is classic Levy. But one the other I cannot believe he would sack Redknapp only for AVB to lead into the season with a glaring weaknesses. Take Modric and Ade out and we are in trouble unless we replace them rapidly. And GHod help us if Bale gets injured because our lack of creativity will be sadly exposed.

Athletic Bilbao boss Marcelo Bielsa has frozen out Juventus target Fernando Llorente after a protest from fans.

The striker and teammate Javi Martinez – who is on the verge of a move to Bayern Munich – stated this week they will not renew their contracts.

Fans hurled abuse at the two players during training yesterday and they have both been dropped for the opening Liga game against Betis.

Come on, Levy! Get your cheque book out! Blow Juve away, you can do it!

It's now or never.

Last edited:
Athletic Bilbao boss Marcelo Bielsa has frozen out Juventus target Fernando Llorente after a protest from fans.

The striker and teammate Javi Martinez – who is on the verge of a move to Bayern Munich – stated this week they will not renew their contracts.

Fans hurled abuse at the two players during training yesterday and they have both been dropped for the opening Liga game against Betis.

It's now or never.

Never

For Luka? £25m + Sturridge and i'd accept.

Sturridge? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I will never ever support sturridge as a player and I really do think he will be the first player I will get on the back of. I fudgein despise that brick

Sturridge? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I will never ever support sturridge as a player and I really do think he will be the first player I will get on the back of. I fudgein despise that brick

Why, what is your beef? ? I know nothing about the guy except that he can play football pretty well and could be good for us.

Why, what is your beef? ? I know nothing about the guy except that he can play football pretty well and could be good for us.

I dont thik he can play football pretty well, I dont think he could be good for us. Just differing opinions. Dont know him personally. Its all football related. Although he does have the face you wanna punch

llorente is class, but does he have sell on value that Levy would probably want? I guess not.

Sell on value is one thing but the value to the team in terms of playing ability, and his marketing draw would cover the outlay. Sometimes you have to take a gamble. Playing safe all the time is Levy's MO but every now and then you have to excite the fans with a transfer. The payback will come in other ways.

Last edited:

It's now or never.

Its empty. I really dont think we have the money available

20 million + meireles + sturridge + one of their many talented youngsters rotting in the reserves and it'd be acceptable.
£50mil or Chelsea can go fudge themselves.

Actually I think Chelsea entering the bidding war for Modric is good. The more that want him the better. It'll drive the price up.

Back