• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yes, thats correct. SAVE a few million.

i bet you dont run your personal accounts the same way you talk.

But if the upshot of a short term saving is a long term loss (i.e. not qualifying for Champions League), then the short-term saving (or lower loss) is pointless.

The top teams get their deals done as soon as possible. Levy argues over the last penny. Commendable until it costs us in terms of progression and then it becomes a serious own-goal.

Just now on Twitter

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
Both Leandro Damio and João Moutinho will sign for #Spurs.
Timings have changed but they will sign. #THFC #Football #TakeAScreenshot

The top teams get their deals done as soon as possible. Levy argues over the last penny.

Is Real Madrid a top team? Have they got their signings done early or are they still haggling over the last penny.

It takes two to haggle. No one wants to concede and that.s why the deal often get done at the last minute. Even the richest club in the world does it.

I see we've had number of bids rejected recently (even if half of them are flimflam) - perhaps number of things should happen

- we need to aim lower since we appear reluctant to spend money on quality goods - i.e. you can't offer Hyundai money and expect BMW quality - we need to accept the market dynamic has changed and clubs are aware of our position, hence they won't quote us cheap

- we need to pay up to get our man, much like Utd had to in the end (obviously relative to our targets, not an RVP equivalent)

Actually, you can. Hyundai, while much maligned in the 90's (see the speech in Glengarry Glen Ross by Alec Baldwin) are now very well thought of. I know that they are only selling small cars in the UK, but here in the US they sell more luxury vehicles at cheaper prices. I own a Hyundai Genesis and it is a top rated vehicle the size of a BMW 5 series-- http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/r...e=Hyundai&model=Genesis&cp-documentid=1251398

Just wanted to interject something a bit more positive than our transfer dealings to date.

I'm desperate for anything to happen its like being addicted to crack you keep going back for more even though you know its bad for your health ](*,)

Once we've sold Modric, I don't see why not. Moutinho would be, as near as we can get, Modric's replacement - with the added advantage of knowing and liking AVB and wanting to play for Spurs.

Because Levy is not gonna not pay 25-30m for a midfielder. And Porto aren't gonna sell cheap.

In all honesty, I thought Gunter was better than Naughton. Then again, both are now playing Premier League football so we'll see.

Think Miereles would be awesome for us, so much energy, can pass, can definitely shoot and he is also a bit of a bastard, and we definitely need a bastard in the centre of midfield. Downsides would be that he is a couple of years older than Modric, has less passing range and is probably on very high wages. If we get 30m for Modric and can get Raul for 8/9m, than I think that would be a terrific move, leaving us with funds to complete the Ade deal and also get in some farking cover out wide, we have less than we did last season and the main issue for me was lack of cover on the wings, as soon as Lennon or/and Bale were out we were fudged.

Absolute pipe dream I know but if we manage to rinse real Madrid for enough for Modric would we be able to get merrieles AND Moutinho?

Merieles Moutnho Sandro - what a fudging midfield that would be. Like Portugal in the euros but with Sandro instead of Veloso.

Was that aimed at me?

If so, explain.

Yeah it was we sold crouch and palacios for twenty mill last summer did we spend that?
We sold pav for 10mill in January did we spend that?
I just can't see it happening 6 disappointing transfer windows prior to this and still people think levy is immune to criticism

Yeah it was we sold crouch and palacios for twenty mill last summer did we spend that?
I just can't see it happening 6 disappointing transfer windows prior to this and still people think levy is immune to criticism

A bit of a difference in quality though. Modric was maybe our best player whereas Crouch and Palacios were nowhere near?

A bit of a difference in quality though. Modric was maybe our best player whereas Crouch and Palacios were nowhere near?

Fair enough and I suppose we'll see I just remember end of transfer window last summer people were not happy at all expecting is to of spent the palacios crouch money and to have bought someone else in if it wasn't for our form in September it would have gone on a bit longer. Just seems we're repeating the same as last summer and people still give levy the benefit of doubt I understand completely we're 'only spurs' in the grand scheme of things and can't compete with the likes of city and Chelsea and we have to be careful with investments but surely going into the first game of the season with one senior forward who doesn't suit the system we're likely to play just shouts small time.

Who the fudge said that Levy was immune from criticism?

And, next time, instead of citing brainwashing, try considering that other people's opinion might just happen to differ from yours. Nothing more to it than that, you dopey plonker.

Back