• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow thats a real coup for a club like Southampton to get a player of Ramirez' ability. That's the type of signing that may just save them from the drop

Their Ramirez deal, similar to our acquisition of Vertonghan, shows that long-term persuits of players and making players feel wanted can deliver results

Don't think we'll get Moutinho, even if Porto offered him to us for 20m we'd probably say 15m. I think we'll end up with a last minute move for Dembele, or Sahin on loan if he's still available.

"The only solid offer is the one from Tottenham, who offered €16million [£12.6m]," Betancourt told Calciomercato.

"But the deal didn't go through because Spurs offered too low a wage to the player and if the wage difference is minimal he would stay at Bologna.

"Tottenham could raise their offer if they sell Modric and in that case the deal could be done, otherwise Ramirez will stay another year at Bologna."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7988871/Spurs-see-Ramirez-bid-snubbed

If it was libellous, I'm sure we would have come out and denied it

As I said in the first place, mate, it's agent talk. Pablo Betancourt is, suppodedly, Ramirez's agent.

And since when have we been in the habit of responding to such trifling, common transfer rumours? Water off a duck's back to Levy.

Jimmy - forget the spin - do you personally believe (considering all the noises AVB's made so far, even taken at face value), past precedent, etc. - we would be in a position to spend that kind of money?

Once we've sold Modric, I don't see why not. Moutinho would be, as near as we can get, Modric's replacement - with the added advantage of knowing and liking AVB and wanting to play for Spurs.

AVB hinted as much yesterday (which also makes perfect sense) - my only hope is that we aren't priced out of it since sellers would be well aware of our updated balance figure. *sound of hands rubbing together*

I guess it's one of the reasons why the whole thing has been so complicated. I can well imagine that Spurs didn't want to commit either to buying Moutinho or selling Modric until both deals were agreed.

Don't think we'll get Moutinho, even if Porto offered him to us for 20m we'd probably say 15m. I think we'll end up with a last minute move for Dembele, or Sahin on loan if he's still available.

Disagree with that mate, think AVB will be backed better than Harry was and Levy isn't stupid in recognising our need for a quality replacement. Anwyays, we shall see.....

Of all those photos of Spurs youth strikers of old, the one that made me...

475px-The_Scream.jpg

......the most was Paul Mahorn.

Truly, an appalling striker.

The story of Gaston Ramirez’s transfer to Southampton takes another twist, as Bologna President Albano Guaraldi refuses to let him go!

The €15m deal to take the Uruguayan prodigy to England's South Coast seemed a formality earlier today, with the player himself saying there were 'only a few details missing.'

But Guaraldi has made it clear that he sees the situation very differently.

“Ramirez is contracted to Bologna and the club will decide upon his future, not the player himself,” the patron raged.

“Ramirez’s behaviour is totally unacceptable, giving open interviews like that without consulting us. Gaston cannot force my hand with two interviews.

"I am a serious person and I've already said it will take €20m to sell him. And I also told his agent.”

This is not the first time Ramirez has been in dispute with the Rossoblu over a potential transfer, a similar situation having arose last summer.

http://www.football-italia.net/23521/bologna-cling-ramirez

Beautiful afternoon, early friday finish

[video=youtube;rd3rA89VhtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd3rA89VhtA[/video]

the universe is undoubtedly unfolding as it should...

Back