• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Their Ramirez deal, similar to our acquisition of Vertonghan, shows that long-term persuits of players and making players feel wanted can deliver results

I'm not so sure tbh. Imagine if a complete minger that you didn't really like that much kept flirting with you for ages. You'd resist her at first, but if nobody else came in you might crack and shag her just because it's better than nothing, but if some other fit bird comes along and puts herself out there you'd forget that said minger even exists.

Obviously everyone has their priorities but I reckon that's how the majority of millionaire playboy footballers think

We easily have the biggest hole in our squad than anyone else in the premiership, it's ridiculous.We're going to end up with a brick striker on the 31st and AVB saying we tried to get the players but it was really difficult. Well how come other teams don't struggle like we do? ! Its an absolute fudging joke the way we operate. I like Levy, I like how we're run on the whole, but transfer windows are so fudging painful every single time... It's just disguting that our league form gets compromised EVERY WINDOW because Levy tries saving a few million, or we go for unrealistic targets.

Last summer fudged us up, in January if we strengthened then we would have got 3rd. Just look at Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, they got an extra bit of qaulity in and it improved them (or continued their form in Newcastles case). We didn't and look what happened. Saha and Nelsen?! fudge ME!!!!

And here we are, new regime and a new Tottenham. Except it isn't. It's the same Tottenham. Going into the first game with ONE fudging STRIKER who can't play effectively up top on his own... We have no option on the bench (no one fudging mention Kane) and dread to think if Defoe gets injured...

What makes this absolute disaster even worse is that AVB will be given no time at all. By the press, by the players (likely) and by the fans. He should've been backed and given what we need as a minimum to start well. He's been left to dry!

We easily have the biggest hole in our squad than anyone else in the premiership, it's ridiculous.We're going to end up with a brick striker on the 31st and AVB saying we tried to get the players but it was really difficult. Well how come other teams don't struggle like we do? ! Its an absolute fudging joke the way we operate. I like Levy, I like how we're run on the whole, but transfer windows are so fudging painful every single time... It's just disguting that our league form gets compromised EVERY WINDOW because Levy tries saving a few million, or we go for unrealistic targets.

Last summer fudged us up, in January if we strengthened then we would have got 3rd. Just look at Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, they got an extra bit of qaulity in and it improved them (or continued their form in Newcastles case). We didn't and look what happened. Saha and Nelsen?! fudge ME!!!!

And here we are, new regime and a new Tottenham. Except it isn't. It's the same Tottenham. Going into the first game with ONE fudging STRIKER who can't play effectively up top on his own... We have no option on the bench (no one fudging mention Kane) and dread to think if Defoe gets injured...

What makes this absolute disaster even worse is that AVB will be given no time at all. By the press, by the players (likely) and by the fans. He should've been backed and given what we need as a minimum to start well. He's been left to dry!

Partly to blame is the greedy cnut ADE holding our club to ransom would rater train in the reserves than play football. Look we got 4th last season albeit by the skin of our teeth so the strategy whilst far fom perfect is not a disaster.

yes, thats correct. SAVE a few million.

i bet you dont run your personal accounts the same way you talk.

I have to agree with this. What surprises and frustrates me (and I guess many of us) is that, I expected us (ie Levy) to have learnt from our failures in recent transfer windows and adjust accordingly, especially considering our 'brave new world', and the fact that our manager could really do with hitting the ground running. The deadline may not be for another 2 weeks, but everybody knows that ideally, business should be done by now - and again, we should know this better than most after last year.

I really expected more, and find this 'same old, same old' window surprising and disheartening in equal measure.

Stop beating about the bush.

Say what you really mean.

I have to agree with this. What surprises and frustrates me (and I guess many of us) is that, I expected us (ie Levy) to have learnt from our failures in recent transfer windows and adjust accordingly, especially considering our 'brave new world', and the fact that our manager could really do with hitting the ground running. The deadline may not be for another 2 weeks, but everybody knows that ideally, business should be done by now - and again, we should know this better than most after last year.

I really expected more, and find this 'same old, same old' window surprising and disheartening in equal measure.

He has learnt. If this was a previous window, he would let the Modric saga go right to the wire and hold out for a bigger fee but as it happens, it looks like we will have it finally sorted next week. It also looks like we have the replacements lined up and should be able to conclude the deals fairly quickly once the Modric money is in.

As for the striker situation, someone will have to give some leeway soon, be it Ade, City or us. So we will definitely get it sorted. We are probably in for one more striker and there's plenty of time to conclude the deal. People seem to forget Defoe has played upfront on his own for England and both he and the team have played well. Also during pre-season he has done well for us upfront on his own and we have created chances with him in the side. Kane as a back up isn't a terrible option, by all accounts he is a more talented sort than the likes of Lee Barnard, is an England youth international and impressed in the Championship last season. In our system with more quality players, he could do ok if called upon.

We are delighted to announce that Kyle Naughton has signed a new contract with the Club until 2016.

The attacking full-back joined us in July, 2009 from Sheffield United and has gone on to enjoy successful loans in the Championship with Middlesbrough and Leicester City.

Kyle's displays with Leicester saw him achieve a place in the 2010-11 PFA Championship Team of the Year and earned him a loan move to Premier League newcomers Norwich City last season where he made 32 appearances.

i'm not ready to blame Ade, for all we know he has committed a large part of his contracted wages from City to charity projects (like Craig Bellamy), he signed a contract in good faith, he should get every penny thats due to him

I still remember GB insisting that Walker and Maughton would never make it and were Championship quality at best

He has learnt. If this was a previous window, he would let the Modric saga go right to the wire and hold out for a bigger fee but as it happens, it looks like we will have it finally sorted next week. It also looks like we have the replacements lined up and should be able to conclude the deals fairly quickly once the Modric money is in.

As for the striker situation, someone will have to give some leeway soon, be it Ade, City or us. So we will definitely get it sorted. We are probably in for one more striker and there's plenty of time to conclude the deal. People seem to forget Defoe has played upfront on his own for England and both he and the team have played well. Also during pre-season he has done well for us upfront on his own and we have created chances with him in the side. Kane as a back up isn't a terrible option, by all accounts he is a more talented sort than the likes of Lee Barnard, is an England youth international and impressed in the Championship last season. In our system with more quality players, he could do ok if called upon.

This all remains to be seen. It may well happen this way.......but it hasn't yet, and our first game is tomorrow. I'm not slating Levy, I'm actually a fan of his. But even his staunchest defender would surely have to admit, we've fallen short of ideal as things stand.

Back