• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FAO Bale: JJetSetFTL said that Joe Lewis is insisting on £40m because he want £10m for a new yacht! What do you think about that??

Bologna’s Gaston Ramirez has admitted that he has his bags packed for Southampton. “There are just a few details to be sorted out.”

A fee of around €15m is understood to have been agreed and Ramirez has given the green light to the move.

Bologna’s Gaston Ramirez has admitted that he has his bags packed for Southampton. “There are just a few details to be sorted out.”

A fee of around €15m is understood to have been agreed and Ramirez has given the green light to the move.

deal of the year if true

Talksport - Martin Jol has confirmed Clint Dempsey will not play tomorrow as he wants to leave Fulham.

Off to Pool most likely - in line with their recent policy of acquiring terribly average players in the hope of producing something remarkable. I wonder what Rodgers is stirring in the cauldron.

Think Miereles would be awesome for us, so much energy, can pass, can definitely shoot and he is also a bit of a bastard, and we definitely need a bastard in the centre of midfield. Downsides would be that he is a couple of years older than Modric, has less passing range and is probably on very high wages. If we get 30m for Modric and can get Raul for 8/9m, than I think that would be a terrific move, leaving us with funds to complete the Ade deal and also get in some farking cover out wide, we have less than we did last season and the main issue for me was lack of cover on the wings, as soon as Lennon or/and Bale were out we were fudged.

Think Miereles would be awesome for us, so much energy, can pass, can definitely shoot and he is also a bit of a bastard, and we definitely need a bastard in the centre of midfield. Downsides would be that he is a couple of years older than Modric, has less passing range and is probably on very high wages. If we get 30m for Modric and can get Raul for 8/9m, than I think that would be a terrific move, leaving us with funds to complete the Ade deal and also get in some farking cover out wide, we have less than we did last season and the main issue for me was lack of cover on the wings, as soon as Lennon or/and Bale were out we were fudged.
I think the bloke is massively overrated - but it wouldn't be too bad if we got him to 'replace' Modric. But that's about it for me, 'wouldn't be too bad', he's not the sort of player we really need to fill in the huge hole that Modric would leave.

really really bizarre move isnt? Arent Bologna bigger in Serie A terms than Southampton are in PL terms?

Or is he just desperate to play in the PL?

He also sports some kind of furry animal on his head. Wonder how keeps it from falling of when he's playing.

I really don't want him, I don't see what he would add to our midfield. We've got much better passers, we have players with energy who can get around the pitch - there's no need for him at all. He's not exceptional in anything....

I really don't want him, I don't see what he would add to our midfield. We've got much better passers, we have players with energy who can get around the pitch - there's no need for him at all. He's not exceptional in anything....
On paper VDV would be great to replace Modric, but he just isn't disciplined enough. So annoyed (yet again) that we're entering this season without our transfer business being completed.

Is Heskey still a free agent? Good hold up man, English, knows a few of the lads - triffic fella

H1000352-Knots_a_hangman_s_noose-SPL.jpg

can I just get this off my chest.

I hate spurs, I hate levy, why have we not got a striker, why are we brick, why are we bad at everything, why do we leave signings too late

Spurs will beat newcatsle tomorrow now, 3-1

really really bizarre move isnt? Arent Bologna bigger in Serie A terms than Southampton are in PL terms?

Or is he just desperate to play in the PL?

“They tracked me with more intensity than the other clubs and that struck me. An agreement was reached with my agent and I’m ready to fly out for my medical.”

A host of European giants were being linked with the former Penarol man and his choice of new club will be ranked as a shock.

“Every player wants to aim for the top, but they have promised me a primary role in their plans and that is important,” added the South American.

“I’m young and I need to play – that is the only way to keep growing.”

Italian clubs such as Inter and Juventus have been paired with him in the past. “I would have wanted to stay in Italy, but this is football,” he explained.

“Today’s situation shows that there is no money in Italy and a change of air for me was inevitable.

“Inter? There was nothing official. Southampton were the club who decided to sign me and I’m happy that I’ll be going there.”

http://www.football-italia.net/23516/ramirez-ready-southampton

Back