• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

After we signed our Solanke, Ange specifically said that Kulu would no longer be deployed as a striker.

He did, but he also played Kulusevski up top during pre season over Son and more game time than Lankshear.

I don't expect him to play there, but I expect he is higher up the list than Son to be the cover up top.

Still feel this group is short of quality. Couple of injuries certainly in defence for one area we could be short. Or asking our CB’s to play a lot of minutes. Midfield also.

Especially playing in 4 comps.

Yes we’ve signed some youthful talent but this is a big step up for them all. So big unknowns.

Also Spence. He’s looked ok pre season but was not to sure he can cover LB personally. So may need to look there.

People will say Davies but he’s miles off these days.

Going to be interesting if we don’t add 1-2 more certainly defensively. Cm/CB/LB areas.

Hoping for a good season but not really expecting to much.

I think we're getting to the point where we no longer need to overhaul the squad and can start tinkering. Going forward we can look to bring in a couple of established players each summer to upgrade on what we have and combine that with bringing in the best young talents around.

I think we're getting to the point where we no longer need to overhaul the squad and can start tinkering. Going forward we can look to bring in a couple of established players each summer to upgrade on what we have and combine that with bringing in the best young talents around.
Agreed , Just hear and now to start the season just feels slightly short in couple areas .

Actually interested in how much Ange rotates for cup games

- I'd expect Spence, Dragusin, Gray, Bergvall, Wilson, Werner, Richi in contention for starts, maybe at a stretch (opposition level) Moore?

Agreed. Assuming no changes of manager (/playing style) and no unforeseen squad issues we're in a really good place.

Will also depend on injuries, but even more so the consistency of performance from our better players. If several of them fail to deliver on that front we may be looking at more and bigger changes.

He did, but he also played Kulusevski up top during pre season over Son and more game time than Lankshear.

I don't expect him to play there, but I expect he is higher up the list than Son to be the cover up top.
He literally played Son as the CF last game. I think that says everything there needs to be said in terms of order of selection for the role between Kulu and Son.

I kind of don't think we are ever going to start going for the more established stars for bigger fees. It just doesn't really fit ENIC's model. I could see more players in the mould of Bentancur, Kulu and Maddison but not genuine bonafide stars (not that you claimed that for clarity).

He literally played Son as the CF last game. I think that says everything there needs to be said in terms of order of selection for the role between Kulu and Son.

yeah. There was more space than i expected for Son in that game, and he used it well. Kulusevski also had a good game in CM. That Ange guy might know a thing or two...

I kind of don't think we are ever going to start going for the more established stars for bigger fees. It just doesn't really fit ENIC's model. I could see more players in the mould of Bentancur, Kulu and Maddison but not genuine bonafide stars (not that you claimed that for clarity).

If they believe there is value in the deal I think they'll do it.

As an aside. We have paid the biggest fee for a player in the prem this summer.

And despite that, Kulusevski was furthest forward on the heat map.

This our final cut then:

---------------------------------Vicario(Austin)

Porro(Gray)-Romero(Dragusin)-van de Ven(Davies)-Udogie(Spence)

--------------------------Bentancur(Bissouma)

----------------Sarr(Bergvall)-------------Maddison(Kulusevski)

---Johnson(Odobert)--------------------------------------Son(Werner)

----------------------------Solanke(Richarlison)

Plus - Dorrington, Devine, Moore, Lankshear

Still think we'll be after 1 or 2 more by tomorrow, think we need them.
Disappointed we didn't get Chiesa, especially at that price but then he would've chosen Pool over us anyway.

Back