• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

Don't mind me, just thinking aloud

------------------------------------Vicario
---------------------------------(Austin/Forster)

Porro----------------Romero-----------------Van de Ven---------Udogie
(Spence)---------(Dragusin)---------(Phillips)---------(Davies)

-----------------------------------Bissouma
--------------------------------(Bentancur/Gray)

----------------Sarr
-------------(Bergvall/Devine)
----------------------------------------------------Maddison
--------------------------------------------------(Kulusevski)

Johnson-------------------------------------------------------------------Son
(Moore)----------------------------------------------------------------(Odobert/Werner)
-------------------------------------Solanke
-------------------------------(Richarlison/Lankshear)

3+8+3+5+8=27

I think it would be

GK (3)
Vicario
Austin
Forster

RB (2)
Porro
Spence (also covering LB)

CB's (4)
Romero
VDV
Dragusin
Davies (also covering LB)

LB (1)
Udogie

CM (7)
Bissouma
Gray

Bentancur
Sarr

Maddison
Kulusevski (covering RM and Striker)
Bergvall

RW (2)
Johnson
Moore

LW (3)
Son
Odobert (covering RW)
Werner

Striker (2)
Solanke
Richalison

That would be 24
Letting Lankshear, Devine and Phillips go out on loan
Sell/loan Skipp, Lo Celso and Solomon

We have a few young CB's on the books who could take Davies position next year, but we lack a LB to cover/rotate with Udogie.

Lankshear has to stay here to become home grown (I think) and has impressed, so can get minutes.
Devine and Phillips already had a good couple of loans.
Did you really just type alllll that out rather than copying mine, just to lay out basically the same structure!?

Lankshear has to stay here to become home grown (I think) and has impressed, so can get minutes.
Devine and Phillips already had a good couple of loans.
Did you really just type alllll that out rather than copying mine, just to lay out basically the same structure!?

Yeah, it breaks on my phone so just went with a list.

Has Lankshear been with us 1 or 2 seasons?

Joined us in august 22

Yeah, just looked it up

"Tottenham Hotspur agreed to pay £2 million to Sheffield United for him on 31 August 2022"

So has had 2 seasons with us already.
Could we not loan him this season, and get him to complete his 3rd over the following seasons?
I think he can complete it when he is 21, as he will only be 20 at the start of the year. Would need to check that though

Yeah, just looked it up

"Tottenham Hotspur agreed to pay £2 million to Sheffield United for him on 31 August 2022"

So has had 2 seasons with us already.
Could we not loan him this season, and get him to complete his 3rd over the following seasons?
I think he can complete it when he is 21, as he will only be 20 at the start of the year. Would need to check that though
We could
But I think we will keep him around as we need striking options
We cannot end up with son having to play there again

We could
But I think we will keep him around as we need striking options
We cannot end up with son having to play there again

I think Son is 4th choice behind Solanke, Richalison and Kulusevski.

5th if we keep Lankshear. I just don't know how much game time he would get, and would more game time out on loan be more beneficial.

5th if we keep Lankshear. I just don't know how much game time he would get, and would more game time out on loan be more beneficial.

Might be waiting to see if richy leaves. Seems plenty of clubs interested in loaning him.

Am I right in thinking that for the Europa League we have 22 non-club trained players to fit into 21 spots? I've not included those that can go on the B-list or most likely won't be here.

Vicario, Forster, Austin, Whiteman
Porro, Spence, Udogie
Romero, Van De Ven, Dragusin, Davies
Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Bergvall, Gray, Maddison
Son, Werner, Johnson, Odobert, Kulusevski
Solanke, Richarlison

Am I right in thinking that for the Europa League we have 22 non-club trained players to fit into 21 spots? I've not included those that can go on the B-list or most likely won't be here.

Porro, Spence, Udogie
Solanke, Richarlison
Forster misses out so 21 into 21.

Forster misses out so 21 into 21.

That would be the easiest solution. He's still injured isn't he?

I forgot about Lankshear. It's likely we want to keep him around for the season to make him club trained, but he'd have to be registered if we want to give him any minutes. Otherwise it's probably just Carabao cup for him if we draw some low level opposition.

I forgot about Lankshear. It's likely we want to keep him around for the season to make him club trained, but he'd have to be registered if we want to give him any minutes. Otherwise it's probably just Carabao cup for him if we draw some low level opposition.

Forster is back training.

I'd loan lankshear. He can always stay at the club next season to be club trained.

Porro, Spence, Udogie
Solanke, Richarlison

Gk - Vicario, Austin, Whiteman

Lb - Udogie, Spence, Davies, Vdv

Cb - Romero, Vdv, dragusin, davies, dorrington

Rb - Porro, Spence, Gray

Cm - Gray, Bergvall, bentancur, bissouma, sarr

Am - maddison, kulu, odobert, devine, moore, bergvall

Lw - son, werner, odobert, moore, richy, johnson

Rw - johnson, kulu, odobert, moore

St - solanke, richy, son, kulu

Defence looks a bit shaky if we're wanting to rest a couple. Or we get injuries.

Last edited:
Still feel this group is short of quality. Couple of injuries certainly in defence for one area we could be short. Or asking our CB’s to play a lot of minutes. Midfield also.

Especially playing in 4 comps.

Yes we’ve signed some youthful talent but this is a big step up for them all. So big unknowns.

Also Spence. He’s looked ok pre season but was not to sure he can cover LB personally. So may need to look there.

People will say Davies but he’s miles off these days.

Going to be interesting if we don’t add 1-2 more certainly defensively. Cm/CB/LB areas.

Hoping for a good season but not really expecting to much.

After we signed our Solanke, Ange specifically said that Kulu would no longer be deployed as a striker.

Back