• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

The squads max size is 25 (not counting u21s). This is to stop clubs hoarding players. You can have as many club trained players as you want in that 25. The minimum to have a full squad is 4. Then 4 hg. The maximum amount of non hg/ct players you can have is 17.
Yes but instantly you look at the big boys and they have 15 players out on loan at sister clubs. Chelsea are going to have to disappoint 50% of their first team squad more or less. They shouldn't be allowed to do what they are doing though, which is essentially playing FM24 and buy all the wonder kids.

Yes but instantly you look at the big boys and they have 15 players out on loan at sister clubs. Chelsea are going to have to disappoint 50% of their first team squad more or less. They shouldn't be allowed to do what they are doing though, which is essentially playing FM24 and buy all the wonder kids.

Fifa rules limit loans. Think it's 6 abroad now. To counter that.

The fa are limiting domestic loans aswell. To come in line. (U21s are included).

So chelsea have decisions to make.

Atalanta at one point had 125 players on loan (or something stupid like that).

The fa are limiting domestic loans aswell. To come in line. (U21s are included).

Yeah going to be interesting to see what Chelsea do with 7 goalkeepers.

I have thought in the past it would be better for the strength of the lower leagues if there were no youth leagues and all youngsters played in league 1/2 - it would guarantee funding but then would probably lead to corruption as big clubs help one club more than others...

Yeah going to be interesting to see what Chelsea do with 7 goalkeepers.

I have thought in the past it would be better for the strength of the lower leagues if there were no youth leagues and all youngsters played in league 1/2 - it would guarantee funding but then would probably lead to corruption as big clubs help one club more than others...

Had discussions on here about that. Yes i'm in favour.

Greg dyke when he was head of the fa tried to push for it. But got knocked back.

That's why Chelsea are selling players to Strasbourg with buy back clauses.

Don't mind me, just thinking aloud

------------------------------------Vicario
---------------------------------(Austin/Forster)

Porro----------------Romero-----------------Van de Ven---------Udogie
(Spence)---------(Dragusin/Phillips)----------(Davies)-----------(xxxAbbottxxx)

-----------------------------------Bissouma
--------------------------------(Bentancur/Gray)

----------------Sarr
-------------(Bergvall/Devine)
----------------------------------------------------Maddison
--------------------------------------------------(Kulusevski/Donley)

Johnson-------------------------------------------------------------------Son
(Moore)----------------------------------------------------------------(Werner)
-------------------------------------Solanke
-------------------------------(Richarlison/Lankshear)

3+9+3+6+7=28
Remove Forster Abbott and either Donley or Lankshear to hit 25

Perisic back available.
Would take him for a year as back up to Udogie until we identify another target.
Excellent crosser and set piece taker, we could do a lot worse.

----------------Sarr

3+9+3+6+7=28

Is the GK spot now our weakest in terms of competition / A viable back up? I don't think any of our midfield options are truly elite but at least we have numbers and potential there and Spence looks good for either FB position but nets is looking rather upgradable when laid out like the above.

To a certain extent they say there's no point worrying about what might happen as you end up suffering twice, but if Vic gets a long term injury I would dread watching Forster play week in week out. Penalty shoot outs would rely on opponent takers hitting it off target in a season where it'd be real nice to actually do well in the cups.

Maybe Austin could come in and make himself a hero but he's barely played a game of men's football and is rarely on the bench. It seems like he may be a number filler in terms of HG / academy player, I'd love to be wrong on that.

At least we have proper options at CF, plus an actually viable back up CB this time around so that's huge progress and something to be positive about.

Is the GK spot now our weakest in terms of competition / A viable back up? I don't think any of our midfield options are truly elite but at least we have numbers and potential there and Spence looks good for either FB position but nets is looking rather upgradable when laid out like the above.

To a certain extent they say there's no point worrying about what might happen as you end up suffering twice, but if Vic gets a long term injury I would dread watching Forster play week in week out. Penalty shoot outs would rely on opponent takers hitting it off target in a season where it'd be real nice to actually do well in the cups.

Maybe Austin could come in and make himself a hero but he's barely played a game of men's football and is rarely on the bench. It seems like he may be a number filler in terms of HG / academy player, I'd love to be wrong on that.

At least we have proper options at CF, plus an actually viable back up CB this time around so that's huge progress and something to be positive about.
You use the emergency loan rule if your main GK gets a serious injury. There's no point packing out with GK cover. Vicario, plus Austin and a kid as 3rd choice is ample

----------------Sarr

3+9+3+6+7=28

Yeah feels to me like LB is now the only place we don’t have good enough cover. (I appreciate there are options there, but I don’t think any of them are good enough options).

Really pleased with our business so far!

Yeah feels to me like LB is now the only place we don’t have good enough cover. (I appreciate there are options there, but I don’t think any of them are good enough options).

Really pleased with our business so far!

Spence, Davies, even VDV. Not too shabby!

Spence, Davies, even VDV. Not too shabby!
Davies definitely counts as shabby in this system IMO! And I don’t want us to have to move VDV out there when Udogie is injured or needs a rest. And Spence hasn’t played there much, and is our main cover at RB.

They’re all options, but if Udogie is out for 2 months I think none of them are satisfactory personally.

Davies definitely counts as shabby in this system IMO! And I don’t want us to have to move VDV out there when Udogie is injured or needs a rest. And Spence hasn’t played there much, and is our main cover at RB.

They’re all options, but if Udogie is out for 2 months I think none of them are satisfactory personally.

We can't maintain too many players on the bench though, so having some flex is useful.

Dragusin can come in and VDV can offer an option at LB. It might make us more solid defensively for certain games too. What Davies lacks in technical ability and size, he makes up for in experience and anticipation. A bit like Royal, he can be super sharp defending. Reacting and moving quicker than larger defenders. He knows the system, gives his all etc.

If we sign another LB, we'd need to shift at least Davies, and I don't see it.

Last edited:
We can't maintain too many players on the bench though, so having some flex is useful.

Dragusin can come in and VDV can offer an option at LB. It might make us more solid defensively for certain games too. What Davies lacks in technical ability and size, he makes up for in experience and anticipation. A bit like Royal, he can be super sharp defending and move and react quicker that larger defenders. He knows the system, gives his all etc.

If we sign another LB, we'd need to shift at least Davies, and I don't see it.
I guess I personally like having 2 players for every position, to cater for injuries and rotation across 4 competitions. And I see Davies as CB cover alongside Dragusin.

Back