• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I think it's fine to get knocked off the ball as long as you get between the man and ball and throw yourself to the ground holding your shin or face, rolling back and forth whilst crying. Then you get free free kicks.

For me Son has a real and justifiable belief when he gets the ball that he can trick past his man and slam it into the net.
Whereas Lamela has a real and justifiable belief when he gets the ball that he can do some really good tricks and get a shot at goal which the keeper may have to deal with.

Those are two very different beliefs and outcomes.

Would be Lamela for me, the amount of work this guy does is amazing and I do like Son but I think we have to win M/F and Lamela will help us do that better ( imo).

For the rest of the season, I'd prefer a Son or Kane discussion. In other words turn Son into a Centre Forward. Poch seems to be able to work magic with others. Then the question is Lamela or Chadli. Or Mason, or even Dembele playing further forward - Poch played Dembele in Lamela's place at the start of the season.

For the rest of the season, I'd prefer a Son or Kane discussion. In other words turn Son into a Centre Forward. Poch seems to be able to work magic with others. Then the question is Lamela or Chadli. Or Mason, or even Dembele playing further forward - Poch played Dembele in Lamela's place at the start of the season.

Son is going to get more game time playing two positions and one.

Personally, I do not particularly like Player A vs Player B arguments because people become entrenched in supporting one player over than the other to the detriment of what is best for the team.

@milo yes true. Son needs minutes on the pitch. Maybe he can rotate with Kane when they are both playing. But hopefully Son can replace Kane in some of the cup games and lead the line.

@milo yes true. Son needs minutes on the pitch. Maybe he can rotate with Kane when they are both playing. But hopefully Son can replace Kane in some of the cup games and lead the line.

I think that one of the things that our front four do really well is rotate and Kane frequently drops deep and wide, so there should be plenty of opportunities for that.

His defensive work is kind of a worry to me. Runs a lot, but seems to struggle to figure out our system. To me it kinda looked like he was moved up front yesterday to allow Chadli to play the wide role as Chadli would at least get in position defensively. Son harries and presses, but gets his positioning wrong way too often and his full backs was constantly in trouble as a result.

Definitely something that can be coached though. Has a lot of talent and seems to have the right attitude based on what he's doing on the pitch and his comments. Still his first season and he didn't get a pre-season with the team + his injury.

Son alway wants to take an extra! extra! touch, which gives the defender time.
We saw yesterday what can be done with a controlled single touch, with Dortmund's excellent forth!
Son and Chadli do fanny about with ball! Rather than getting a shot off.

Son alway wants to take an extra! extra! touch, which gives the defender time.
We saw yesterday what can be done with a controlled single touch, with Dortmund's excellent forth!
Son and Chadli do fanny about with ball! Rather than getting a shot off.

giphy.gif

His defensive work is kind of a worry to me. Runs a lot, but seems to struggle to figure out our system. To me it kinda looked like he was moved up front yesterday to allow Chadli to play the wide role as Chadli would at least get in position defensively. Son harries and presses, but gets his positioning wrong way too often and his full backs was constantly in trouble as a result.

Definitely something that can be coached though. Has a lot of talent and seems to have the right attitude based on what he's doing on the pitch and his comments. Still his first season and he didn't get a pre-season with the team + his injury.

I agree with your comments about him struggling to fit in - but i think thats symptomatic of playing several roles across the 3 behind and as front man

I disagree about Chadli getting in position defensively though. He is the least disciplined defensive player I've seen in years yet has the talent... its why i think he will be gone in the summer. Whereas Son has shown a lot of effort and appears to have the brain to recognise the need to improve

I agree with your comments about him struggling to fit in - but i think thats symptomatic of playing several roles across the 3 behind and as front man

I disagree about Chadli getting in position defensively though. He is the least disciplined defensive player I've seen in years yet has the talent... its why i think he will be gone in the summer. Whereas Son has shown a lot of effort and appears to have the brain to recognise the need to improve

I think Chadli has shown signs of upping his work rate in recent months and is now doing a decent job.

I think Chadli has shown signs of upping his work rate in recent months and is now doing a decent job.

I agree, he looks like the training with Poch is having the right effect, as for Son I will wait and see how he goes next season before making judgement on him.

I agree, he looks like the training with Poch is having the right effect, as for Son I will wait and see how he goes next season before making judgement on him.

Yeah, not to mention real competition for places. Last season Chadli's "competition" was Townsend... No wonder he's pushed himself a bit further this season. If he was really the least disciplined defensive player in years I think he would have been marginalized some time ago.

As for Son I completely agree too. I'm just saying that I'm slightly worried he hasn't progressed more in this regard already. A full pre-season and into his second season under Pochettino could do him great though.

He had 15 touches in 60 minutes

When he is interested he can be effective

When he isn't, he is a passenger

I really don't think much can be said about any individual player based on the Dortmund game. Though I've seen plenty of attempts to fit that result into a pre-existing narrative about individual players, our transfer strategy etc.

We started 3-4 of our first choice 11 away to a team that would be outsiders for the CL title if not for their bust of a season last year. We were clearly second best and we lost.

What did happen though was that Chadli started up front with Son wide. Son left his full back exposed again and again. Pochettino changed them around and to me Chadli did a better job defensively than Son. Though with both iterations we were outclassed by a much better team.

Back