• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

It just struck me that we need to make sure our new #7 is in the starting line-up whenever our matches are being broadcast live.

After all... Son always shines on TV.

Every English PL match is shown live on TV here in the US on DirecTV.

Every English PL match is shown live on TV here in the US on DirecTV.
Really? I have FiOS and get only the matches on NBCSN (and USA when they're showing two at the same time). Of course I can always log in to NBC Live Extra and see any match I want, but would rather watch on telly. What channels show the PL on DirecTV?

Really? I have FiOS and get only the matches on NBCSN (and USA when they're showing two at the same time). Of course I can always log in to NBC Live Extra and see any match I want, but would rather watch on telly. What channels show the PL on DirecTV?
NBC own the rights to the Premier League in the US - DirecTv and Fios both have deals in place to carry NBC channels (they are just carriers of content). So do Comcast and Time Warner and AT&T (I could go on but the list is way less interesting after AT&T).

NBC own the rights to the Premier League in the US - DirecTv and Fios both have deals in place to carry NBC channels (they are just carriers of content). So do Comcast and Time Warner and AT&T (I could go on but the list is way less interesting after AT&T).
So it's the NBC channels showing it on direct tv?

Thanks. I thought that DirecTV had extra channels showing the games. No need to switch then. :D

Yes, DirecTV (and I think Cox) has extra channels for the Extra Time matches. I also have FIOS. I play footie every early Saturday morning and the bar we go to afterwards always put on all the matches on different TVs for us.

Is Son the best cover for Kane? Maybe Poch could be getting him ready to lead the line. While neither Son or Chadli are ideal out and out forwards, I think Son has the edge over Chadli with more trickery.

Is Son the best cover for Kane? Maybe Poch could be getting him ready to lead the line. While neither Son or Chadli are ideal out and out forwards, I think Son has the edge over Chadli with more trickery.

Agreed but then again I don't rate Chadli that highly. Njie is another option if he ever gets fit again. Still amazed that we didn't even sign a stop gap CF in Jan

Agreed but then again I don't rate Chadli that highly. Njie is another option if he ever gets fit again. Still amazed that we didn't even sign a stop gap CF in Jan

Thing is Dembele of Fulham is probably not as good as say Son upfront. In which case, why sign him? Chadli has the ingredients to be Kane's stand in, but is he consistent enough?

I hope Poch is preparing one of them, as we need to sub Kane in some games, and then leave him out of cup games altogether. Kane has to stay fresh, in which case, Son I think, has to play up front, which he can do.

Last edited:
Thing is Dembele of Fulham is probably not as good as say Son upfront. In which case, why sign him? Chadli has the ingredients to be Kane's stand in, but is he consistent enough?

I hope Poch is preparing one of them, as we need to sub Kane in some games, and then leave him out of cup games altogether. Kane has to stay fresh, in which case, Son I think, has to play up front. Which I think he can do.
I think Alli might be an option up top. When he plays as a 10 he's running past Kane most of the time anyway. He has the tools.

I hope Poch is preparing one of them, as we need to sub Kane in some games, and then leave him out of cup games altogether. Kane has to stay fresh, in which case, Son I think, has to play up front. Which I think he can do.

I don't see why we didn't sign someone like Ricky Lambert on a short term deal or Doumbia on loan just to play the FA C games and some of the EL games

I don't see why we didn't sign someone like Ricky Lambert on a short term deal or Doumbia on loan just to play the FA C games and some of the EL games

ricky lambert is slow, old and had one good season, doesn't fit Poch's profile and I would hate to see him at WHL other than in an away shirt

Because Pochettino seems to value the team unit and the group very very highly. The mentality and the cohesion. Adding a short-term element into that may cause friction and unsettle things. He's gambling, taking the risk, until he can get in someone that he actually wants to be there for the long-term. As someone said, I think that he believes we do have cover within the squad if Kane doesn't get injured. Wouldn't be a surprise if we saw Alli being phased gradually into being a support striker or forward in some matches.

Back