• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

cynically i think it depends on the match at the weekend - if Leicester drop points he'll just get a fine - if they win he'll get an additional one match ban
Of course. And I don't feel you are being cynical, just responding based on previous actions by the league. To merely fine him would mean nothing unless they fine him several hundred thousand quid, and would be ultra-hypocritical given that both Gabriel and Costa got extra bans for doing the same thing. The way to protect refs and stamp out such hostile behaviour is to give him a ban. But they probably won't, and at the same time might insist all our pre-match meals until the end of the season come from the Lasagne Hotel we used in THAT game.

I think that missing Vardy will affect their playing style massively. They can no longer do the devastating lightning counter-attacks down the middle. I think (and hope) that Swansea can hold on and get a point.

Completely agree. Ulloa is nothing remotely close to a like for like replacement so they have to change their way of playing completely

We now cannot be overtaken by 13 clubs.

Alphabetically, latest highlighted :-

Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Everton
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Norwich City
Southampton
Stoke City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
Pro tem, simply where any club is out of reach.

Last edited:
chelsea, I've joked about them chucking it, and obviously their fans would prefer it, but I don't believe they actually would, I think it more likely they will be concerned about any suggestion of sandbagging and want to show their true selves against the side that might take their title away, Hiddink will surely want to leave on a positive as well
Roman being the ego-maniac he us won't want a team with a manager he sacked and got ridicules for it winning the league on his ground

cynically i think it depends on the match at the weekend - if Leicester drop points he'll just get a fine - if they win he'll get an additional one match ban
I tend to agree with you, I can definitely see this happening but this would just be SO wrong. He didn't just complain at being sent off, he didn't just say "FFS" or "f*ck off, you don't know what you're doing". He got his contorted face right into the ref's face, stabbed his finger at him and called him a f*cking c*unt". I am really struggling to think of an equivalent example in recent times. If the FA panel do not come down on this like a ton of bricks, then what sort of message does that give? They will have totally bottled it. It is 100% the total antithesis of what the "Respect" campaign is supposed to embody. If this had happened within the first 10 games of the season there would be no debate about him being banned for 2 games on top of the 1 game ban for the 2-yellows-red-card. The impact on Leicester's run-in has to be irrelevant. If I were a ref, and this was effectively glossed over, I would have zero confidence in the ability of the FA to stand up for me. How many of us would calmly accept a work colleague doing to us what Jamie Vardy did to Jon Moss?
(And don't get me wrong, I am not assuming that Jamie Vardy being out means Leicester automatically lose and we gain on them. They still have enough ability to win games without him).

By my calculations:

3 more points guarantees us a minimum of 4th place
5 more points guarantees us a minimum of 3rd place
7 more points guarantees us a minimum of 2nd place (and finish above Woolwich)

We need to collect 5 more points than Leicester will in our remaining 4 games i.e. should they gain 7 points overall we would need 12 to win on goal difference.

Of the games that they play you would assume that the most likely place they will drop points is at Old Trafford; we also need them to drop points in 2 additional games i.e. a loss and 2 draws. Swansea is therefore a massive game and will almost certainly determine the destination of the title; if Leicester win they it's all over - if they draw and lose I'd put money on us.....

By my calculations:

We need to collect 5 more points than Leicester will in our remaining 4 games i.e. should they gain 7 points overall we would need 12 to win on goal difference.

Of the games that they play you would assume that the most likely place they will drop points is at Old Trafford; we also need them to drop points in 2 additional games i.e. a loss and 2 draws. Swansea is therefore a massive game and will almost certainly determine the destination of the title; if Leicester win they it's all over - if they draw and lose I'd put money on us.....
Must lose then.

By my calculations:

We need them to lose a game and draw a game, and we win all our remains games. Not beyond the bounds of possibility but a tall order still. If they lose at old Trafford we only need one draw elsewhere

We need them to lose a game and draw a game, and we win all our remains games. Not beyond the bounds of possibility but a tall order still. If they lose at old Trafford we only need one draw elsewhere
Christ almighty mate cannot believe you have had to spell this out.

Just imagine, we would be 1 point ahead of Leicester now if we had beaten them at home ! That one-on-one chance that Kane missed against Leicester from the inch-perfect Lamela pass looks more and more unforgivable now ! Kane had all the time in the world to round the goalie but chose to hit straight at the goalie who deflected onto the post. We would have won that match had Kane scored that !

Just imagine, we would be 1 point ahead of Leicester now if we had beaten them at home ! That one-on-one chance that Kane missed against Leicester from the inch-perfect Lamela pass looks more and more unforgivable now ! Kane had all the time in the world to round the goalie but chose to hit straight at the goalie who deflected onto the post. We would have won that match had Kane scored that !
Relax, we've still got this. ;)

It's annoying, isn't it? There's no telling how things would've looked now if we won that match though. Maybe we'd top for a while and crumble under pressure. No point crying over spilled milk.

Back