• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

The more English teams in the CL the less money we get from the English portion of the CL TV money split.
It will be divided 5 ways instead of 4th.

This is the current split. This is increasing 40-50% next season

20%2BTottenham%2BMarket%2BPool%2B2015.jpg

The different between finishing 1st and 2nd will be around 7m and 1st and 3rd 14m.

The more English teams that go out in the groups/qualifiers the more money we will get.
Us, Leicester, Arsenal, and West Ham are what we should be aiming for.

I wouldn't give a brick about the coefficient. That would only matter if we happen to finish in 4th place some year.

What a final two home matches we could enjoy

A win on Monday would secure at least a place in the Champions League qualifier

Then a point or more at Chelsea and we could confirm 2nd with a win in our last home match.

Potentially, a draw for Arsenal at Sunderland and a win for us v WBA and we could lay the final two hoodoos in one go. Win at Stamford Bridge and finally finish Arsenal once more.

Its getting agonisingly closer, nearly there

Swansea(H)

Man Utd(A)

Everton(H)

Chelsea(A)

We need at least for Leicester to only manage 2 wins and a draw, or 1 win and 3 draws from that lot. I can see them dropping points at Man U, but I can't see them not winning against Swansea and Everton, and probably Chelsea too (whose last four home games read D2 L2).

I have high hopes united can take points off them, not expecting the same from swansea so any drop there would be a massive bonus

ideally everton will get knocked out of the cup and need a performance

chelsea, I've joked about them chucking it, and obviously their fans would prefer it, but I don't believe they actually would, I think it more likely they will be concerned about any suggestion of sandbagging and want to show their true selves against the side that might take their title away, Hiddink will surely want to leave on a positive as well

I have high hopes united can take points off them, not expecting the same from swansea so any drop there would be a massive bonus

ideally everton will get knocked out of the cup a new manager and need a performance

chelsea, I've joked about them chucking it, and obviously their fans would prefer it, but I don't believe they actually would, I think it more likely they will be concerned about any suggestion of sandbagging and want to show their true selves against the side that might take their title away, Hiddink will surely want to leave on a positive as well

FTFY

As its been a case of one game at a time since Xmas, i am going to say i am not looking past their game with Swansea, ANYTHING that Swansea can get out of that would be immense. Trouble is of all the sides for Leicester to face this weekend, probably Swansea and perhaps Stoke are the least interested in the league, maybe Villa as they are brick and have no pride.

We can only hope the fact they have no manager for next season means they are playing for their futures, maybe they will look to bounce back from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine loss, stranger things have happened.

I think that missing Vardy will affect their playing style massively. They can no longer do the devastating lightning counter-attacks down the middle. I think (and hope) that Swansea can hold on and get a point.

That was a master class in management by Ranieri today.

At a time when the media is ratcheting up pressure on Leicester because Vardy will be missing for at least one game, and because Spurs are in great form, Ranieri simply ignored this and created the narrative himself. For weeks (months, even), the question in the media was "Can Leicester hold on?" but Ranieri finally admitting the team's next goal is to win the title turns the story from being about Leicester somehow having something to lose to having everything to win.

Pressure? What pressure? Once again, Claudio showed that he and his squad are only all too happy to be in this situation.

Pinocchio over at the Spuds presser was looking a bit pressured if you ask me.

Calm down, Mauricio, calm down
biggrin.png

I didn't see it but it seems every other word that's been coming out of his mouth this past few weeks (in particular, the last week) has been "Leicester...this, Leicester that...".

No doubt he has done a great job with Spurs, but given Ranieri has done equally well, if not better considering how much more expensive the Spurs team are than ours, it would be nice to see a little humility from Pochettino towards us. Why not say, "Leicester are deservedly at the top, but if they make a mistake we have to aim to take advantage...". Instead it's this cold blooded, "we're gonna pounce on them..." crap, and mentioning us at every opportunity to try and add extra pressure. I might be a prude, but I don't think he's particularly sporting to be honest.

I didn't see it but it seems every other word that's been coming out of his mouth this past few weeks (in particular, the last week) has been "Leicester...this, Leicester that...".

No doubt he has done a great job with Spurs, but given Ranieri has done equally well, if not better considering how much more expensive the Spurs team are than ours, it would be nice to see a little humility from Pochettino towards us. Why not say, "Leicester are deservedly at the top, but if they make a mistake we have to aim to take advantage...". Instead it's this cold blooded, "we're gonna pounce on them..." crap, and mentioning us at every opportunity to try and add extra pressure. I might be a prude, but I don't think he's particularly sporting to be honest.

Any manager worth a salt would do the same thing. Leadership comes from the top. If the manager does not believe then how can the team believe. I don't see this as non-sporting unless the Leicester supporter can't take being challenged.

I continue to be astounded at just how quickly the Leicester fans have embraced entitled arrogance, they sound like liverpool fans already.

Did you see their fans vs the Pikeys???

At times there were acting like rabid dogs

They threw stuff at the chairmans son too (I like that as he is an absolute prick)

They have started a petition to get the ref banned from that game too

With the luck they had had you would think they would take it in the chin and just move on with the big lead they have

Hey guys, finally the forum back! Very happy about it.

Good result for us on the last match day, although not ideal.
Still I think we need Swansea to miraculously draw against Leicester and MU to win after that (much more possible to happen). Also Vardy will likely miss both of these games.
Considering Everton's current form and the fact, they don't need anything in the league/Martinez is on the brink of sacking, I don't see them gaining any points.
Chelsea will do everything to fck us: give their best in derby and give nothing on the last day.

I can see us winning all of the remaining games, but I'm not sure Leicester can loose 5 points in the remaining fixtures. Still hope and believing are with us.

Back