• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

Sandro Raniere ‏@sandroraniere
Hi guys, I'm in some pain at the moment! On my way to the hospital for a scan now so fingers crossed it's good news...thanks for all support

Good news if he is not out for long.

Parker is so less creative, he's good defensively but his passes are just so unimaginative. Always picks the obvious choice.

Thought Parker was our best player today. But Sandro is my first choice. Tough one, Parker is great at what he does

Great news if he is fine, although with Parker's performance today we didn't really miss him.
Awesome to have two such good players for one position though.

A_j5NKKCUAES0qx.jpg

Good as Parker is (and I like him as a player), he often holds onto the ball too long and slows play down too much. There were several times today when he needed to move the ball early but didn't. And by the time he has done the famous Parker turn, everyone is closed down, so he has to go backwards. I prefer Sandro, but he can still improve his game by contributing more going forward. Ideally it would be nice to have central midfielders who are equally comfortable going forward or defending, and can shoot.

Good as Parker is (and I like him as a player), he often holds onto the ball too long and slows play down too much. There were several times today when he needed to move the ball early but didn't. And by the time he has done the famous Parker turn, everyone is closed down, so he has to go backwards. I prefer Sandro, but he can still improve his game by contributing more going forward. Ideally it would be nice to have central midfielders who are equally comfortable going forward or defending, and can shoot.

I agree with this, but today there were numerous other examples of other Spurs players doing exactly this. Bale and Defoe in particular tend to hang onto possession too long. Actually I see it as one of our weak points as a team overall, not just Parker. We tend to hold the ball when a quick pass or through ball is definitely on. I love a bit of one touch.

I agree with this, but today there were numerous other examples of other Spurs players doing exactly this. Bale and Defoe in particular tend to hang onto possession too long. Actually I see it as one of our weak points as a team overall, not just Parker. We tend to hold the ball when a quick pass or through ball is definitely on. I love a bit of one touch.

Yes I agree it is not just Parker. it is something evident in our play this season. There was another point in the game when there was a good opportunity for a one-two one the edge of the box - I think it was Bale to Defoe..and Defoe held on to it. At this level, unless you play the first time ball in those kinds of situations it is too late. Both VDV and Modric were good at playing people in with one touch. Thudd is too, although it doesn't look like he will be getting a game anytime soon.

It's what you need to break down teams that defend deep. Quick forward passing, good movement, play the width, push the full backs up - and have a player who can dribble past people in tight spaces - although there aren't too many of those.

So tonight, the mdium thats twitter is saying...

- Sandro has had a knee op today

- Sandro has done his ACL

If that's true then at least we have Parker. Yes, he's not the same level of player but he can fit the role well and just fill in for the rest of the season.

fudge that! :( Lets pray it's just rumours, or at least nor a complete ACL tear - that means he'll miss the rest of the season...

Back