• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

Guys .. Why are you idolising Sandro? He's a ball winner only. Can't distribute. Doesn't create anything, scores one goal per season maybe.

Dave Mackay could destroy, distribute and score goals.

Scotty Parker wins the ball, gets the team ticking, is a leader.*

Dembele wins the ball, glides past the opposition and brings other players in to games.

Sandro is just a ball winner and an unintelligent one at that getting booked stupidly at times !

Yes Sandro destroys but that's all isn't it ?

SO this is your first and only post on this forum, need I say more?

Been away for Xmas and New Year - only just got to watch the Reading game. Obviously one sided but Sandro's passing looked much better. As for Lennon's performance in that game, wow.

i'll bet people arent laughing at my my slogan from last season now....

" First name on the team sheet "

how many full matches have you actually seem romeu play?

probably just the chelsea games but he has played enough for someone to speculate

romeu could definately become a serious player but i dont see the same defensive qualities and level of inenstiy / willingness that sandro has

romeu can read a game but sandro can read a game and if his team mates let down their guard sandro can put fires out

sort of like prevention of fire occuring and actual fire fighting...sandro has shown his game NOW that he can excel or do both. and that he can do this in ALL types of games and conditions. romeu IMO does more of the first....but i dont see much yet of the latter...and he definately does seem like a cultured player...less likely to go into the pits of brick to retrieve the ball and feel pride for smelling like brick.

there is also the character of the players....the second sandro started playing for us a few us knew.....just knew ..what kind of player he was. one guy ,UKspursbloke, actually knew before he even came here what sandro was about.......and what sandro is about is fighting and putting 110% commitment to the cause. again havent seen that in romeu...but then again he might not have the opportunity due to the team he plays in

romeu is a very good prospect ...not quite the same IMO , relatively speaking and adjusting for positions, as oscar......but he is a very good one

i'd be surprised if he had a patch on sandro's defensive capabilities

i'll bet people arent laughing at my my slogan from last season now....

" First name on the team sheet "

To be a pedantic, argumentative dingdonghead... ;)

Is he more of a clear first choice ahead of Parker than Vertonghen, Bale, Dembele and Lennon are ahead of their respective competition? I don't think so.

No. At least not defensively.

Other than arguably Mascherano I don't know of anyone in the world who tackles better than Sandro. He's just immense.

It's more than just his tackling, it's his reading of the game. He stops the opposition move before it even starts with the sheer number of interceptions he makes.

Which is probably the reason i'd pick him over Parker. Parker was very 'last ditch' a lot of the time, throwing himself at players to block shots when the moves likely could have been prevented far earlier.

Last edited:

It's more than just his tackling, it's his reading of the game. He stops the opposition move before it even starts with the sheer number of interceptions he makes.

Which is probably the reason i'd pick him over Parker. Parker was very 'last ditch' a lot of the time, throwing himself at players to block shots when the moves likely could have been prevented far earlier.

I agree that he has more than tackling. I also agree that his reading of the game is good, his positioning is good and he seems really good at marking out opposing counter attack targets to win the ball back quickly when we lose it. All important stuff, vital stuff even, and although i think he's good, or even very good at those things that's not his stand out quality for me.

His tackling really is outstanding. The way he wins the ball, rarely giving away a free kick, almost never making the silly kind of tackles that get you sent off, the intensity as he closes down and gets on top of a player, the way he uses his body strength to just muscle people away and win the ball... That for me is what means that he has the potential to be world class, not just very good. Like I said, for these things I really struggle to think of a player that is better than him, other than arguably Mascherano.

LOL sandro and that "exclusive interview"

he should give tips to the rest of the team on what to say to the media!

He needed a rest anyway, we couldn't keep playing him week in, week out and not expect stress-related injuries.

I'm not overly concerned. Parker is fine cover. In fact, Sandro is the one first-teamer we can afford to lose without it massively affecting our performances.

Hope it's nothing serious, but otherwise carry on.

Back