• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

Guys .. Why are you idolising Sandro? He's a ball winner only. Can't distribute. Doesn't create anything, scores one goal per season maybe.

Dave Mackay could destroy, distribute and score goals.

Scotty Parker wins the ball, gets the team ticking, is a leader.*

Dembele wins the ball, glides past the opposition and brings other players in to games.

Sandro is just a ball winner and an unintelligent one at that getting booked stupidly at times !

Yes Sandro destroys but that's all isn't it ?

:ross::ross::ross:

Fee fi fo fum
I smell a rather large old WUM!

jzv7s0.jpg

#SandroBeast

In Praise Of Spurs' Central Midfield

After losing Modric in the summer, it seemed Spurs could struggle in midfield. But the partnership of Dembele and Sandro is arguably the strongest in the Premier League...

Last Updated: 29/12/12 at 17:51 Post Comment

Three weeks ago, when Sunderland were sitting in the relegation zone with only one win in their last ten matches, victory for the away side at the Stadium of Light would not have seemed such a great achievement. But, after the Black Cats' mini-revival over Christmas saw them pick up six points against Southampton and Emirates Marketing Project, Spurs' second away win in three days is a sign of their steady improvement under Andre Villas-Boas and sends a message to their rivals in the race for fourth.

After experimenting with his system to varying degrees of success so far this season, Villas-Boas has settled on a 4-4-1-1 formation in the last six matches (in all competitions), with Spurs winning four of those fixtures and losing just once, in the last minute at Everton. With Emmanuel Adebayor playing behind Jermain Defoe in attack, and Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon - who was particularly impressive against Sunderland - stretching the play on the wings, the manager's switch to Harry Redknapp's favoured formation has enabled him to crowbar plenty of attacking threat into the starting line-up.

But the real strength of this Spurs side is the partnership of Mousa Dembele and Sandro in central midfield - arguably the strongest combination in the Premier League. If it were not for these two fierce competitors, Villas-Boas' team would certainly not be able to adopt such a flowing, attacking style that has seen them fire in 38 shots in the last two games.

As the central linchpins in Spurs' system, Dembele and Sandro pose a formidable challenge for any opponent, as Manchester United found to their cost in the visitors' 3-2 win at Old Trafford in September. It's no surprise that United have been linked with both midfielders in the past 12 months, and either would provide the combative presence Sir Alex Ferguson's team often lack in the middle.

The main advantage of Dembele and Sandro's partnership is that they complement each other superbly. While Sandro is tasked with breaking up the opponent's possession, Dembele's strengths lie in his sensible use of the ball (only two of his 64 passes went astray against Sunderland) and ability to drive forward and initiate attacks. It's a relationship that works incredibly well; no-one has made more interceptions than Sandro in the Premier League this season - and only six midfielders average more tackles per game - while Dembele is in the top ten dribblers and has also provided three assists.

The growing understanding between the duo is crucial to Spurs maintaining their fight for fourth place and Villas-Boas will hope the current form and fitness of his two midfielders will continue as he tries to eke out more consistency from his team. That Sandro has already made 24 appearances this season - only three less than his total last year - suggests the Brazilian is finally over his previous injury problems.

After allowing Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart to leave in the summer - and missing out on a last-minute deal for Joao Moutinho - Spurs seemed to have taken a backwards step in midfield ahead of the new season. But at 23 and 25, Sandro and Dembele look capable of leading the team in the middle for this campaign and the foreseeable future.

123 successful tackles in 2012, more than any other player in the league - beast. I actually thought he had made more tackles

Excellent article posted above. A positive piece about Spurs in the press, times-are-a-changing

But again there is no article referenced, instead just quoted.. what's the original source?

From The Guardian...

"Everybody talks about Manchester United and City and even Chelsea for the title but never Spurs. Why not Spurs? We have a good coach, a good squad and everything is working well.This is a fast, dangerous team built to attack and we are not content to just be a top-four side. No one is talking about Spurs as champions but then, bang, we will win it and they will be talking about Tottenham then."

This should be a t-shirt.

I love the man. That last sentence is modern poetry.

From The Guardian...

"Everybody talks about Manchester United and City and even Chelsea for the title but never Spurs. Why not Spurs? We have a good coach, a good squad and everything is working well.This is a fast, dangerous team built to attack and we are not content to just be a top-four side. No one is talking about Spurs as champions but then, bang, we will win it and they will be talking about Tottenham then."

This should be a t-shirt.

I love the man. That last sentence is modern poetry.

Sandro, he talks the talk and walks the walk =D>

Tottenham should not settle for top-four place, says Sandro - Premier League - Football - The Independent

Anyone remember his Zidane esque roulette against Sunderland? A shame he couldn't keep hold of the ball just after it but it was class

Anyone remember his Zidane esque roulette against Sunderland? A shame he couldn't keep hold of the ball just after it but it was class

Brilliant that one, I think he tried another one half a second later as the was put under pressure from the next player.

Sandro is playing so well this season, that I think he could get into any team in the league. He's awesome, and his sort of fighting spirit is what you want for a title push - while we might not be in shape to do so at the moment, a few more good results and the likes of Kaboul coming back and we could speak about it.

I love the ambition though.

Fantastic again today.

I have a serious man crush (or is it beast crush?) on him.

Sandro is playing so well this season, that I think he could get into any team in the league. He's awesome, and his sort of fighting spirit is what you want for a title push - while we might not be in shape to do so at the moment, a few more good results and the likes of Kaboul coming back and we could speak about it.

I love the ambition though.

I agree, I think he would slot into just about any team in the world bar Real and Barca.

He still needs to up his passing a touch, but hopefully that will happen :)

Love the picture he has put up on twitter of him at WHL and labelling it "my home"

Back