• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

I dont hate him becaues of who he plays for, I just think he's way over-rated. It doesnt impact games anywhere near as much as he should and that England stat about 1 assist in 26 games highlights it. I really dont understand the hype around him

Said it many times before but he reminds me of Lee Hendrie.....

Maybe you do not but a lot of Spurs fans do, he has talent but he keeps getting injured but in the last couple of games he played for England ( in a deeper role) he was one of the best players on the pitch. IF he can stay fit then he will be regular for England and imo he is nothing like Hendrie.

Wheelchair will be in the team and deserves to be, I get why so many hate him ( the arse connection) but he is still a very good player.

He is a decent player nothing more. Did Denis Wise deserve to be in the England team? They are so similar.

He is a decent player nothing more. Did Denis Wise deserve to be in the England team? They are so similar.

Wow what a great comparison

I'd argue that wheelchair has more ability as he has been groomed and coached to a higher standard but they playa remarkably similar way and have that ability to be hated

I want drag down the match thread on this. But this guy is so so so bad. At least now our season is over I'm laughing at how terrible he is.

What was he doing for their goal? Track track track - STOP!!!! AWESOME!!! Again his passing is awful, stupid unnecessary floaters to Dier making it hard for him, passes his short... And his one on one?! I really wish I could remember who said he had a great shot, probably gutter, because his attacking capabilities are some of the worst I've seen.

I genuinely don't understand the praise for him, though I have noticed the past few months people are revising their opens down slightly, but I would be gobsmacked if he's with us in the 2016/2017 season. I'll be surprised if he;s in the premiership to be honest. Though I'd imagine some promoted team would take him!

I want drag down the match thread on this. But this guy is so so so bad. At least now our season is over I'm laughing at how terrible he is.

What was he doing for their goal? Track track track - STOP!!!! AWESOME!!! Again his passing is awful, stupid unnecessary floaters to Dier making it hard for him, passes his short... And his one on one?! I really wish I could remember who said he had a great shot, probably gutter, because his attacking capabilities are some of the worst I've seen.

I genuinely don't understand the praise for him, though I have noticed the past few months people are revising their opens down slightly, but I would be gobsmacked if he's with us in the 2016/2017 season. I'll be surprised if he;s in the premiership to be honest. Though I'd imagine some promoted team would take him!

I'm sure Gutter Boy come out and defend him irrationally as he always does but he is one of the weakest links in our team. Already commented I think he is no more than a squad player. With MK Dons promoted, would love to see Alli brought in for the last couple of games instead of him (I would imagine we can?)...

I'm sure Gutter Boy come out and defend him irrationally as he always does but he is one of the weakest links in our team. Already commented I think he is no more than a squad player. With MK Dons promoted, would love to see Alli brought in for the last couple of games instead of him (I would imagine we can?)...

That would be a dream. But never going to happen. Poch seems to like him... I wouldn't even want Mason as a squad player, but next season he at least better not be a starter!!!

Agree, I really don't understand how he is ahead of Dembele or Stam? Both have weaknesses but no where near as many as Mason, who isn't a top 10 player - he is on par with Marney.

Whilst i agree that we should upgrade on him in the summer, i find the attitude towards him by several posters on here sad.

It's almost as if you're annoyed when he does something good, and feel the need to point and shout whenever he does something bad.

To put it blunt, i no longer bother with certain posters oppinion on Mason, it's to skeewed towards the obvious dislike of him.

Call him Rya Masavic. Pretend we paid £16m for him. Then watch that performance again (I'd recommend without poisonous Sky commentary).

Whilst i agree that we should upgrade on him in the summer, i find the attitude towards him by several posters on here sad.

It's almost as if you're annoyed when he does something good, and feel the need to point and shout whenever he does something bad.

To put it blunt, i no longer bother with certain posters oppinion on Mason, it's to skeewed towards the obvious dislike of him.

Its the fact you don't like him and we all know it by now. Yet you keep popping up in every match thread saying how crud he is. Its just boring. You have never expanded your point on why he's not good enough beyond your initial thoughts.

I don't know about others but for me Mason has poor defensive awareness - as evident from the goal - no vision and poor passing technique. Not only does he give the ball away but makes these cross field balls that are looping and hanging in the air; all they do is give the defender time to position himself. Though they reach a teammate (so stats show high success rate) the receiving player would be already under pressure and more often than not loses it.

It is blatantly obvious that his combo with Bentaleb is not good enough; doesn't create, doesn't shield the defence. Since Bentaleb is obviously the better player, then it is he that has to make way. However, as I said, I respect him as a player (even more an academy graduate) and would definitely want him as part of next year's squad.

I also wish people would differentiate between posters calling Mason a pile of crud and those who definitely don't hate him but think he simply is not good enough.

Eminently fair, but there are also some absolutely astonishingly one-eyed defenders here who see any criticism of Mason as a direct affront.

It isn't rocket science to understand that Mason is a good player to have, but hardly the best in his position or even a particularly fantastic player overall. Won't change the fact that he seems mostly to inspire either fervent hero-worship or unwarranted disgust, with little moderation to be found.

I don't know about others but for me Mason has poor defensive awareness - as evident from the goal - no vision and poor passing technique. Not only does he give the ball away but makes these cross field balls that are looping and hanging in the air; all they do is give the defender time to position himself. Though they reach a teammate (so stats show high success rate) the receiving player would be already under pressure and more often than not loses it.

It is blatantly obvious that his combo with Bentaleb is not good enough; doesn't create, doesn't shield the defence. Since Bentaleb is obviously the better player, then it is he that has to make way. However, as I said, I respect him as a player (even more an academy graduate) and would definitely want him as part of next year's squad.

I also wish people would differentiate between posters calling Mason a pile of crud and those who definitely don't hate him but think he simply is not good enough.

But he is good defensively.
Its all about perception.
You look at him and he looks like he is lightweight and not hard.
If he was ugly clam with a skinhead people wouldnt be saying this.
Lamela gets the same thing.

Look at his defensive stats this season. I'm gonna bother hunting them down and posting them up AGAIN because people never take any notice.

The thing about his passing is he is prepared to try something and make something happen. He isnt playing in fear of giving the ball away in an AVB team.

Did you watch the last half dozen games against City? The ones they demolished us by 4 or 5? We not only matched them today, we significantly bettered them

Call him Rya Masavic. Pretend we paid £16m for him. Then watch that performance again (I'd recommend without poisonous Sky commentary).

what an idiotic childish statement.

Because foreigners never get slated do they and every Englishman is praised to the hills...

You saying things like this doesn't do you any favours you know?

Look at his defensive stats this season. I'm gonna bother hunting them down and posting them up AGAIN because people never take any notice.

The thing about his passing is he is prepared to try something and make something happen. He isnt playing in fear of giving the ball away in an AVB team.

And again. Another comment to say you're wrong, you only think what you do because of this and that, not because you axtually think it. I'm fudging sick of it on this forum. No, it isn't because he's not a skin head, in fact I think Lamela is fantastic defensively, lennon, little guy, fantastic defensively. It's because he is brick defensively who runs around like a headless chicken.

Steff saying we only slag mason because he's a whipping boy and it's what we do. Gutter saying if he was foreign and cost loads then we shouldn't. Get a fudging brain people. Get an argument, get debate, stop trying to come up with some other reason for people having their opinions.

I Like Mason but he has been pretty poor of late, maybe he's burnt out as he does play a high energy game and hasn't been rotated much since coming into the side?

Also think Paulinho is beginning to step up and deserves more of a chance...

F*ck your stats! All I kept seeing is City cutting back the ball to edge of our area to a City player totally alone and unmarked. This is the responsibility of the two holding midfielders yet Mason lets himself get dragged out leaving gaps in the areas he must patrol.

And again. Another comment to say you're wrong, you only think what you do because of this and that, not because you axtually think it. I'm fudgeing sick of it on this forum. No, it isn't because he's not a skin head, in fact I think Lamela is fantastic defensively, lennon, little guy, fantastic defensively. It's because he is crud defensively who runs around like a headless chicken.

Steff saying we only slag mason because he's a whipping boy and it's what we do. Gutter saying if he was foreign and cost loads then we shouldn't. Get a fudgeing brain people. Get an argument, get debate, stop trying to come up with some other reason for people having their opinions.

It's because people associate him with O'Hara, Marney, Clemence and Livermore, and don't judge him on his own merits.

I Like Mason but he has been pretty poor of late, maybe he's burnt out as he does play a high energy game and hasn't been rotated much since coming into the side?

Also think Paulinho is beginning to step up and deserves more of a chance...

Agreed. Think Mason more than anyone needs the summer break, a full pre-season and then the time to evaluate him will be next year.

A lot of hyperbolic statements on both sides of the argument here.

Back