• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

I can't remember where I put it but I did put something on here about the clamour for Lamela to get back in the team at the expense Dembele and how pointless it was as after a few weeks of forgetting his insipid wasteful performances whilst Lamela fails to suddenly be Bale the clamour will be reversed.

Because Dembele is very short on end product. Playing him there would mean moving Eriksen wide and dropping Chadli? We would lose quite a lot of goals by doing that.

Actually it would mean dropping lamella in my set up so you don't lake the goals and you don't need lamella a defensive shift

Actually it would mean dropping lamella in my set up so you don't lake the goals and you don't need lamella a defensive shift

But then it would mean shifting either Eriksen or Chadli to the right? A position they're not as comfortable in (imo).

Would be mean a significant loss in creativity. Lamela has managed to clock up 8 goal involvements this season (6 assists, 2 goals). Not good enough, but probably more than Dembele would have...

But then it would mean shifting either Eriksen or Chadli to the right? A position they're not as comfortable in (imo).

Would be mean a significant loss in creativity. Lamela has managed to clock up 8 goal involvements this season (6 assists, 2 goals). Not good enough, but probably more than Dembele would have...

Have you seen how much room we have on the right at the moment. Seriously yesterday I think lamella spent about 20% of his time there

The width comes via the full backs anyway

I wouldn't expect dembele to be the assisted I would expect him to keep the ball in their half rather than ours and the see everyone crate around him so to speak. Dembele doesn't pass well enough or quick enough to create but he design lose the ball

Have you seen how much room we have on the right at the moment. Seriously yesterday I think lamella spent about 20% of his time there

The width comes via the full backs anyway

I wouldn't expect dembele to be the assisted I would expect him to keep the ball in their half rather than ours and the see everyone crate around him so to speak. Dembele doesn't pass well enough or quick enough to create but he design lose the ball

I disagree fundamentally on what we need in the attacking third then. We need more players like Lamela (and Mason/Bentaleb) that move the ball quickly to pull opponents out of their shape, not players that hold on to the ball long enough for the opponents to regroup and find their shape.

We've seen Dembele a lot. He's never looked an integral part of a fluid attacking Tottenham. He's been the solid defensively, hard working, athletic type that made us solid - but ultimately reliant on individual stars to create our chances or score a large portion of our goals through sheer individual brilliance.

Thought Lamela and Dier did well on the right against City, or in Lamela's case "from the right". Lamela didn't move inside too early all that often, he helped create the space for Dier to move into. When he got on the ball moving inside he naturally got it on his stronger left foot, which wouldn't be the case for Eriksen or Chadli playing out there.

I disagree fundamentally on what we need in the attacking third then. We need more players like Lamela (and Mason/Bentaleb) that move the ball quickly to pull opponents out of their shape, not players that hold on to the ball long enough for the opponents to regroup and find their shape.

We've seen Dembele a lot. He's never looked an integral part of a fluid attacking Tottenham. He's been the solid defensively, hard working, athletic type that made us solid - but ultimately reliant on individual stars to create our chances or score a large portion of our goals through sheer individual brilliance.

Thought Lamela and Dier did well on the right against City, or in Lamela's case "from the right". Lamela didn't move inside too early all that often, he helped create the space for Dier to move into. When he got on the ball moving inside he naturally got it on his stronger left foot, which wouldn't be the case for Eriksen or Chadli playing out there.

I thought lamella had his best game for us yesterday however Dembele played against Chelsea when we were IMO at our most dynamic and fluid attack wise (admittedly instead of Mason). So playing him doesn't have to hinder the attacking side of our game

And Dembele played 10 against arsenal again when we played incredibly well but This time in the area I mentioned in front of bentelab and with Mason

I thought lamella had his best game for us yesterday however Dembele played against Chelsea when we were IMO at our most dynamic and fluid attack wise (admittedly instead of Mason). So playing him doesn't have to hinder the attacking side of our game

Like you say... Against Chelsea, in Mason's position.

At the risk of jumping to conclusions, I think we've seen enough of Dembele to not expect him to deliver at that level consistently.

If Pochettino thinks Dembele is a long term solution for us he's hiding it really well. For me it makes sense if he isn't. It's a continuation of the "much of a muchness" problems we had last season in central midfield where some tough decision had to be made and admittedly good players had to be moved out (imo).

Paulinho is doing just as much to stake a claim for a central midfield role as Dembele at the moment. Ultimately I don't think either is the solution long term, I'm happy to see Mason continue to develop instead.

Poch clearly doesn't want him so he will be gone but I think we could and should have been using him against the better sides

Well here we are again, I have been saying for weeks now that the CM partnership of Bentalab and Mason is not good enough and once again yesterday we saw why. Neither one of them has any defensive awareness and the number of times they allow runners to pass them is crazy.

What does make me laugh are those who suggest Mason is crap, he is not but he is no more then a decent player and the hype that some surround him with is way over the top. As I say he is a decent player but he can not/does not have the ability to play the defensive game and because of that we see what happened yesterday, and to be honest it has happened on several occasions this season.

I feel sorry for him really as he is being asked to do a job he is unable to do, because he is home grown most of us would love to see him become a top player ( but in all honesty I see him becoming another in the long line of home grown players who are hyped up only to disappoint).

Well here we are again, I have been saying for weeks now that the CM partnership of Bentalab and Mason is not good enough and once again yesterday we saw why. Neither one of them has any defensive awareness and the number of times they allow runners to pass them is crazy.

What does make me laugh are those who suggest Mason is crap, he is not but he is no more then a decent player and the hype that some surround him with is way over the top. As I say he is a decent player but he can not/does not have the ability to play the defensive game and because of that we see what happened yesterday, and to be honest it has happened on several occasions this season.

I feel sorry for him really as he is being asked to do a job he is unable to do, because he is home grown most of us would love to see him become a top player ( but in all honesty I see him becoming another in the long line of home grown players who are hyped up only to disappoint).

Plus he used to be a forward who has converted to midfield. HOPEFULLY, he can earn and improve. OR we sell him and make few quid.

i'm stunned by that, he looks terrified whenever he is in a goal scoring position

He has missed a handful of good one on one situations. Seemingly lacking a bit of composure and confidence in front of goal at this level. But he strikes the ball well with both feet from range.

He scored a hat trick for Swindon last season and missed a penalty so he knows where the goal is!!

He is playing deeper than he'd like we all know that. He is genuinely happy to be in the team though and despite wanting to play further forward in his preferred position his frustration this season has been the teams inconsistency.

He scored a hat trick for Swindon last season and missed a penalty so he knows where the goal is!!

He is playing deeper than he'd like we all know that. He is genuinely happy to be in the team though and despite wanting to play further forward in his preferred position his frustration this season has been the teams inconsistency.

I dare say he's picked up on some... ambivalence and frustration from some of the fans in his direction too?

If you do have the chance I hope you pass along that a lot of fans are rather excited to see how he can push on again next season after a rather tremendous step up from League One to Premier League football this season.

Hey BE.

His dad told me he heard someone shout 'fudge off back to league one' as Ryan was about to take a throw in I think it was. Great support these days! (Minority hopefully) I remember when I had my Season Ticket we only hurled abuse at the opposition players but there we go.

He is ecstatic from a personal point of view and rightly so.

Hey BE.

His dad told me he heard someone shout 'fudge off back to league one' as Ryan was about to take a throw in I think it was. Great support these days! (Minority hopefully) I remember when I had my Season Ticket we only hurled abuse at the opposition players but there we go.

He is ecstatic from a personal point of view and rightly so.

There are a lot more dead brain macarons at the Lane nowadays, more the pity. I hear them all the time as soon as certain players make a mistake the macarons start shouting abuse, I have been going since the 60's and its never been as bad as it is now.

I am not a big fan of Mason and I really believe he is overhyped by some but I would never boo or abuse any player, after all we are SUPPOSED to be supporters.

There are a lot more dead brain macarons at the Lane nowadays, more the pity. I hear them all the time as soon as certain players make a mistake the macarons start shouting abuse, I have been going since the 60's and its never been as bad as it is now.

I am not a big fan of Mason and I really believe he is overhyped by some but I would never boo or abuse any player, after all we are SUPPOSED to be supporters.

A particular one for me is how the macarons moan at every FB we have for not getting tight on their winger at halfway, even though they are perfectly positioned between their opponent and goal, keeping in touch with their CB.

Differing opinions are great, but general ignorance on how the game is played is definitely getting worse. I think the drop-off in the grass-roots game is largely to fault.

We picked up aload of spoilt tossers when we got Champions Leagues. The fan base seems to have been at an all time high for little pricks since that season.

A particular one for me is how the macarons moan at every FB we have for not getting tight on their winger at halfway, even though they are perfectly positioned between their opponent and goal, keeping in touch with their CB.

Differing opinions are great, but general ignorance on how the game is played is definitely getting worse. I think the drop-off in the grass-roots game is largely to fault.

To many game players who seem to think that winning the world cup on their putters makes them knowledgeable about football in the REAL world.

Back