• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

This is stoking the fire. Zelensky is a looking for quick solutions but risking the long term relationship between Ukraine and Russia, even if peace ensues.

Democracies are led by politicians with up to 10 year viewpoints. The communist parties.... They exist for far longer and never forget !

If Zelensky wanted peace he'd focus on appeasing Putin. He looks like he wants to go down a hero. And I'm guessing that that's probably the attitude that made Putin hoppinh mad in the first place!

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

This is stoking the fire. Zelensky is a looking for quick solutions but risking the long term relationship between Ukraine and Russia, even if peace ensues.

Democracies are led by politicians with up to 10 year viewpoints. The communist parties.... They exist for far longer and never forget !

If Zelensky wanted peace he'd focus on appeasing Putin. He looks like he wants to go down a hero. And I'm guessing that that's probably the attitude that made Putin hoppinh mad in the first place!

There is no long term relationship between Ukraine and Russia. That's dead.

Either Ukraine fights them off, the sanctions work (lol) or someone comes to their defence.

Either Ukraine fights them off, the sanctions work (lol) or someone comes to their defence.
Maybe. I were Zelensky I would give in to Russia's demands now and salvage what I can. I believe that Putin himself is capable of being magnanimous, if he feels respected.

Zelensky is dragging the world into his fight.

What made Putin hoppinh mad (sic.) is that Ukraine was democratic and free. Ukraine's progress only highlighted Russia's failures.

Appeasement has got us where we are now. Each time the line was redrawn it emboldened Putin more. Ukraine is a line that won't be redrawn.

Russia is not communist anymore, btw.

There's a couple more possible outcomes than those three...one of which being, Russia wrecks the place for the next five years (as happened in Syria) and the world sits back and watches.

Maybe. I were Zelensky I would give in to Russia's demands now and salvage what I can. I believe that Putin himself is capable of being magnanimous, if he feels respected.

Putin has dragged the world in to this fight.

Putin has dragged the world in to this fight.
True but an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Putin is clearly in the wrong but there has to be a better way than to force Russia into a corner right... They won't back off.

The US should stay out of it.

True but an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Putin is clearly in the wrong but there has to be a better way than to force Russia into a corner right... They won't back off.

The US should stay out of it.

so we should back off?

serious question, when should we stop backing off?

In this instance I will allow it. Putin probably has a big hard on for Stalin and certainly has ambitions about getting in the history books himself, but the rest of the world just sees him as a wannabe Hitler.
I watched a documentary on Putin some time ago his hero is peter the great. He has written extensively about his hero. He isn’t a fan of Stalin. Which I found pretty weird as you would think he would be a stalin fanboy

so we should back off?

serious question, when should we stop backing off?
Too late now but should have let Putin have his buffer zone with clear conditions.

Should be fighting world hunger or saving the environment more than political ideals. Let Russia deal with ex soviet States. How,
much direct involvement should there be from "the west"?

Won't be surprised if we see another Cuban missile crisis event after the dust has settled with Ukraine.

Last edited:

Say what? :confused: Sorry, but that's total flimflam. It's like claiming the King of Norway dragged Hitler into his fight when Germany invaded Norway in 1940.

Too late now but should have let Putin have his buffer zone with clear conditions.

Should be fighting world hunger or saving the environment more than political ideals. Let Russia deal with ex soviet States. How,
much direct involvement should there be from "the west"?

Won't be surprised if we see another Cuban missile crisis event after the dust has settled with Ukraine.

Buffer zone with clear conditions? Would those conditions include not annexing parts of Ukraine?

Should Ukraine be told to demilitarise, sign an agreement stating that they will never join NATO, accept the losses of what was not long ago part of their nation? What else? Accept meddling in their political process so that a Putin friendly government is put in place? Will that satisfy Putin? Or only be one more deal with clear conditions for him to break when he feels like it?

I don't think Putin will be happy with a buffer zone, he wants control. He doesn't want a neutral Ukraine. He wants Ukraine, if he can't have that he wants them under his control. He's made his expansionist ideals clear to see. Let's trust his actions, not his words.

And in all of this what does Ukraine and it's population want? I'm from Norway. I cannot express the relief that comes from us being a NATO member when bordering Putin's cleptocracy.

I cannot with a clear consciousness be of the opinion that Ukraine should surrender part of their territory and their ability to make their own foreign policy decisions. Not when Putin so clearly shows us what he is up to. There is no agreement to be struck that he can be trusted to uphold. There is no lie he won't tell.

If Ukraine wanted concessions, try further to keep the peace, if they wanted to sign a statement that they would never join NATO or the EU - I would support their decision. I would be sad, but I would respect their choice in the face of war. When they want to fight for their rights who are we to say otherwise?

Who are we to say "no"? No NATO, no EU. No sovereignty. No freedom. Just exists, against your wishes, under the thumb of Putin and good luck.

40 mile convoy of Russian troops and artillery making its way through Ukraine now, it’s difficult to fathom that! Pretty scary as well.

Back