• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

All democracies? Or just democracies that are are now part of the 5 that have them now?
Just those that have them now, preferably with a view to phasing them out completely.

With a rule that any election that can't be independently verified as free and fair loses the veto.

Reactions: DTA
but then sinking Russian ships that don’t comply, would be a massively risky move for Turkey, basically it would be declaring war on Russia without NATOs backing.
Russia (or the USSR at least) signed the Montreux Convention so it would have no grounds to go to war over it.

Therefore that would (should) be considered an agression against a NATO member by Russia.

Reactions: DTA
You said when turkey is attacked nato will join in.

If turkey fires first though nato would not join in. So how are turkey meant to stop russian ships passing through?

obviously I meant when nato is attacked we all know this but given the scenario was ww3 I thought that was blindingly obvious Nato would be involved.

Ultimately the choice is between standing up to Putin or letting him do what he wants.

This man is not for bending over. They should be scared of us for gods sake.

530094.jpg

I think WW3 is a matter of time now unfortunately. It’s awful that the fate of so many can be fudged up by the actions of so few.

I saw an interesting point on the interweb about Russian troll farms. They suggested that they might fairly quickly disappear now that the money is gone.

It's a bit of a Thucydides’s Trap all this - Russia as Sparta the EU as Athens and China lying in wait as Persia

Last edited:
The EU isn't a military organisation.

Last I heard the contribution from individual EU countries hasn't been broomsticks at all. I doubt the Russian soldiers on the ground will experience is as such.

Would the sanctions and overall response have been better, quicker, more effective without the EU and the financial cooperation it brings?

Having the EU is a real benefit right now, as it usually is imo. Not enough of a benefit to stop Putin so far at least, but that's setting a very high bar. One a Europe without EU would also fail to clear.

Talks of accelerating Ukrainian membership into the EU. Good.

No from what I have read the Russians are having British brought anti tank weapons launched at them.

Back