• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Talk about him next on the contract extension list
Should be, Especially if you believe that wage list that is going around showing him at the bottom of the squad list on a basic 10k a week at the minute (minus bonuses etc)!!

Coughed up some really bad hospital balls and giveaways early on in the match.
Grew into the game and his incredible stamina helped us greatly as the game wore on.
But in the first 20 minutes or so he twice presented the ball to the striker and said "on you go chap, have fun".

Coughed up some really bad hospital balls and giveaways early on in the match.
Grew into the game and his incredible stamina helped us greatly as the game wore on.
But in the first 20 minutes or so he twice presented the ball to the striker and said "on you go chap, have fun".

Not as effective on the ball when they were very disciplined in their mid block setup. That's fair enough, at better times injury wise we'd expect others to be the difference makers in those situations on the ball while his off the ball running can create space.

When the game opened up he was again really good. That's where he's at his best (for now at least).

Good yesterday, but untidy with the ball at times.

He needs to calm down when on a yellow, he was charging around still after he got booked

Could have picked up a second yellow with the pointless hack in the last seconds

Good yesterday, but untidy with the ball at times.

He needs to calm down when on a yellow, he was charging around still after he got booked

Could have picked up a second yellow with the pointless hack in the last seconds
I thought he did well on a yellow. Charged around, but not getting into tackles or duels that could get him sent off.

May be just my memory. Do you think there were situations where he could have been sent off if he got his timing wrong?

I thought he did well on a yellow. Charged around, but not getting into tackles or duels that could get him sent off.

May be just my memory. Do you think there were situations where he could have been sent off if he got his timing wrong?

The pointless hack in their box in the 96th or so minute, given what the ref had been doing all game it was an unneeded risk.

The pointless hack in their box in the 96th or so minute, given what the ref had been doing all game it was an unneeded risk.

Thought that one was fine. The ref had let Murillo off with a warning for much worse. Not like Sarr hacked down the opponent. Wasn't stopping a counter attack or anything.

Would have been one of the most ridiculous second yellow cards ever if given.

Thought that one was fine. The ref had let Murillo off with a warning for much worse. Not like Sarr hacked down the opponent. Wasn't stopping a counter attack or anything.

Would have been one of the most ridiculous second yellow cards ever if given.
The ref had already dished out an epically ridiculous yellow for Udogie earlier in the game, so the risk was very real. I fully expected him to take the opportunity to sed off another one of our players, bit miraculously he didn't.

If a player gets a suspension for yellows or reds, and is then injured, presumably the suspension still ticks on and he is free to come back when fit.
Ditto if he flies out to Africa/Asia for a tournament, presumably the suspension ticks on and they can resume their PL career as soon as they get back?

If a player gets a suspension for yellows or reds, and is then injured, presumably the suspension still ticks on and he is free to come back when fit.
Ditto if he flies out to Africa/Asia for a tournament, presumably the suspension ticks on and they can resume their PL career as soon as they get back?

Yeah.
If you get a 3 game ban, but injured for 2 of them they still count as part of the 3.

Same if they are away on international duty

If they are called up for internationals like tournament their ban works either side of it
Injuries though are inclusive

Can see it for an international break. For afcon and the asian cup there is no break though.

We'll see if it occurs.

I’m sure I’m right as it was talked about on a podcast…
Which may have been wrong

I think you are right.

I was sure it had happened before where someone missed games while they played international, but I can't find any proof of it. So probably just confusing it with something else.

Back