• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

Could retarded not simply mean retrograde rather than being a pejorative term? Often you do hear people bandy it about as an insult - which may be a little hurtful - but isn't there still context for the word to be used simply to describe a position or behaviour that is foolish or unadvanced?

Anyway....delighted at the news that Pape's injury won't be serious and that a hefty deserved contract boost is imminent.
Exactly the young vibrant type of player we should be having the team constructed with.

Yeah sure why not, it also means late in French so that's an equally plausible explanation. It's also possible that the fan doing monkey salutes at the black player just really likes impersonating monkeys and wanted to show off his prowess and it was clearly misinterpreted. In other news the fan wearing a rainbow badge in the smoking area who was called a fag repeatedly before being beaten up was accosted by someone who really didn't like cigarettes. It turns out bigotry isn't a real thing and we should just be fine with anyone saying absolutely anything, it's clearly a step too far to ask people to be considerate in the language they choose.

Can you please stop this retarded nonsense! It's getting very tiresome. It's childish and highly disrespectful.
What's retarded about wanting our best players available?

It's far better for us that he's playing in our first team than playing for some other team that had nothing to do with us in a tournament that has no relevance to us.

It's far better for us that he's playing in our first team than playing for some other team that had nothing to do with us in a tournament that has no relevance to us.
It has relevance for HIM, and millions of others!

Look at the lad’s reaction yesterday when he thought the injury was serious enough to keep him out of the AFCON. He was distraught.

Of course, from a purely selfish perspective I’d rather he play for us but I’m not too comfortable with wishing that Sarr loses out on something incredibly important to him to make that happen.

Look at the lad’s reaction yesterday when he thought the injury was serious enough to keep him out of the AFCON. He was distraught.

Of course, from a purely selfish perspective I’d rather he play for us but I’m not too comfortable with wishing that Sarr loses out on something incredibly important to him to make that happen.
I am.

If it were something that actually mattered, like the safety or wellbeing of his family, that's one thing.

Playing for a team due to the accident of your birth happening within the confines of some artificial border created generations ago is entirely ridiculous. Made even more so by the fact that it occurs during his employment when he has far more important things to do.

Last edited:
Ok it can’t just be horrible luck being the only reason for all these injuries right? I love Ange and am fully on board with him and everything he does but something’s not quite right. We shouldn’t be getting this many injuries this early in the season, especially without any European football. Maddison was coming off early practically every game even before the Chelsea game and Son got hooked off early notably against Arsenal when he scored 2 great goals.
It can be, nothing that can be done about the impact injuries to the likes of Maddison. There's been a few hamstring injuries, those are the ones that need to be looked at and what can be done to avoid them. Some players though seem prone to them.

It can be, nothing that can be done about the impact injuries to the likes of Maddison. There's been a few hamstring injuries, those are the ones that need to be looked at and what can be done to avoid them. Some players though seem prone to them.
Yeah most of our injuries have been impact ones. And there's nothing coaching wise you can do to prevent opponents kicking the brick out of our players' ankles because they can't get close to them legitimately

Yeah sure why not, it also means late in French so that's an equally plausible explanation. It's also possible that the fan doing monkey salutes at the black player just really likes impersonating monkeys and wanted to show off his prowess and it was clearly misinterpreted. In other news the fan wearing a rainbow badge in the smoking area who was called a fag repeatedly before being beaten up was accosted by someone who really didn't like cigarettes. It turns out bigotry isn't a real thing and we should just be fine with anyone saying absolutely anything, it's clearly a step too far to ask people to be considerate in the language they choose.
Context and usage are important.
Retarded is generally considered as offensive and associated with neurodivergence.
The post was clearly about the other posters cognitive functions, so at best was very poorly judged (albeit not incorrect!).

But if the sentence was something like "Sarr is out for 6 months, our title challenge will be retarded now" .... then that's fine, it's not an insult and is being used in it's proper context to describe a lack of progress.

(This isnt specifically a reply to you btw, it's more general!)

The biggest irony here - the person the R word was aimed is probably the person that cares the least on this clusterfudge of misfitery we while away our time on to avoid real life

I think retread is actually a technical legal term in England - there's something called the Retardation Act on the statutes

As always though, context is everything

Yeah most of our injuries have been impact ones. And there's nothing coaching wise you can do to prevent opponents kicking the brick out of our players' ankles because they can't get close to them legitimately
Here's an idea; perhaps we should introduce a neutral person to games, with the power to punish those who break the rules by kicking and fouling our players? With all available camera angles, you could even have a bunch of neutrals rewatching incidents to spot fouls that the on field neutral didn't catch, and hand out retrospective punishment accordingly. I think it could work.

I don't want our English players playing for England.

fudge International football. Though that said I do actually enjoy the African nations as a tournament. Just don't want to see any of our players there.

I loved how all the players came and hugged him and consoled him when he came off the pitch. Proper team unity and looks like he's really well liked by his teammates.

Context and usage are important.
Retarded is generally considered as offensive and associated with neurodivergence.
The post was clearly about the other posters cognitive functions, so at best was very poorly judged (albeit not incorrect!).

But if the sentence was something like "Sarr is out for 6 months, our title challenge will be retarded now" .... then that's fine, it's not an insult and is being used in it's proper context to describe a lack of progress.

(This isnt specifically a reply to you btw, it's more general!)

The biggest irony here - the person the R word was aimed is probably the person that cares the least on this clusterfudge of misfitery we while away our time on to avoid real life
No it wasn't. If you read it again it's the actual statement I call retarded, not the person. Major difference. At least that was the intention. Translated to my language, that's easy to understand, but maybe my English isn't good enough for it to be clear, or maybe that nuance doesn't exist in English?

No it wasn't. If you read it again it's the actual statement I call retarded, not the person. Major difference. At least that was the intention. Translated to my language, that's easy to understand, but maybe my English isn't good enough for it to be clear, or maybe that nuance doesn't exist in English?
I wouldn't worry so much. We're all big boys and girls here, more than capable of shrugging off words.

Some who are more of the neo-puritan bent might disagree though.

Back