• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

Sky sources:

Manchester United reject improved Chelsea bid of around £30m for Wayne Rooney

Remy on his way to Saudi Sportswashing Machine for a medical.

Sure he is not at the levels of Beckham, nor Messi or Ronaldo, but compared to Suarez he is light years ahead. He is the most talked about footballer on the planet at the moment and may soon be the most expensive. Times Square, FIFA 14, BT, etc.. I think you are underestimating how far they can take this. Is that worth an extra 30-40 mil on the price tag? Of course it is.

Bales the single most hyped player outside of the big two and possibly Neymar. His marketing value/potential is MASSIVE

Gervinho's giant head is getting a medical in Rome. Looks like he's all but gone.

Lots of internet chatter about Everton going in for Alderweireld. I thought he might have been one of our targets after Caulkers departure.

Last edited:
TEAMtalk @TEAMtalk

Martin Jol has confirmed #QPR playmaker Adel Taarabt will undergo a medical at #FFC on Tuesday ahead of proposed loan

TEAMtalk @TEAMtalk

Martin Jol has confirmed #QPR playmaker Adel Taarabt will undergo a medical at #FFC on Tuesday ahead of proposed loan

Not sure if this is a strange move or not? I always assumed he would only leave when Real or Barca came in for him... :-"

Loic Remy joins Saudi Sportswashing Machine...............very good signing imo.

Would have had him as a back-up to Soldado, but for his impending court case. If Saudi Sportswashing Machine get Bent and Gomis as well (as is looking likely), then they'll have a well-rounded strike force. A pure finisher in Bent, a pacy, quick 'semi' finisher in Remy, a strong, reasonably pacy finisher in Cisse and a powerful hold-up player in Gomis.

Would have had him as a back-up to Soldado, but for his impending court case. If Saudi Sportswashing Machine get Bent and Gomis as well (as is looking likely), then they'll have a well-rounded strike force. A pure finisher in Bent, a pacy, quick 'semi' finisher in Remy, a strong, reasonably pacy finisher in Cisse and a powerful hold-up player in Gomis.

Do they still have Amoeba as well. That's a lot of strikers to keep happy.

Do they still have Amoeba as well. That's a lot of strikers to keep happy.

They do. And true, keeping them all satisfied might be a bit of a juggling act. But Pardew has come out and said he's going back to 4-4-2, which means two of them will be on the pitch at any given time, which should guarantee plenty of games for them all. And, to be honest, I do not think Cisse will get much game time this season anyway, if his recent Wonga row is anything to go by.

Dubai, do you think a 4-4-2 with a front two of any two out of Cisse, Bent and Remy would be good?

To me that seems a lot like an inferior version of the Defoe-Bent partnership, good finishers, but very little creativity. Two poacher type strikers rarely work.

I haven't seen enough of Gomis to know what he offers, when I've seen him he's been unimpressive, but over just a couple of games I don't really have a basis for an opinion so I'm leaving him out of my argument.

Dubai, do you think a 4-4-2 with a front two of any two out of Cisse, Bent and Remy would be good?

To me that seems a lot like an inferior version of the Defoe-Bent partnership, good finishers, but very little creativity. Two poacher type strikers rarely work.

I haven't seen enough of Gomis to know what he offers, when I've seen him he's been unimpressive, but over just a couple of games I don't really have a basis for an opinion so I'm leaving him out of my argument.

Gomis + any of the others would be good. Gomis is best with his back to goal, a strong, physically imposing sort of player who can hold it up and look for options. Similarly, I imagine Remy + any of the others would be just about feasible, since Remy can pass fairly well and can hold the ball up if needed, though these are certainly not his strong suits. Plus, they have Ameobi, another big, strong player ,albeit one with poor ball control and vision. So I think Ameobi + someone else, or Remy + someone else, or Gomis + someone else could work, albeit with significantly varying amounts of technical ability in the hold-up player involved in these partnerships.

Bent + Cisse would be so static you could replace them with empty buckets and still get more movement and hold-up play. So that pairing would probably be very similar to the Defoe-Bent combo, and would need to be avoided.

Artur Petrosyan @arturpetrosyan

#Anzhi are going into a total sale. Most of their stars will be transfer listed. Their owner is fed up with ongoing conflicts between them.

Skrtel to Zenit also seems closer. Might be confirmed tomorrow morning. It will mean all but a new CB for #LFC.

You have to feel for Rene Meulensteen. He'll be no longer #Anzhi manager by tomorrow. Moved aside just 16 days after appointing.

It's gonna be hot tomorrow. Honda and Emenike could leave Russia, Skrtel could be back. And #Anzhi farse above all.

---

Something in Russian on what's happening at Anzhi: http://football.sport-express.ru/premier/news/604991/

After the match of the 4th round of the Premier League with "growth", in which "Anji" is lost with a score of 0-1, the owner of the club and Makhachkala Suleiman Kerimov had problems with his health. Pondering the future of the Dagestan team for a few days, the businessman has come to the conclusion that it is not necessary in the future to spend your nerves and health. Kerimov has decided to change the vector of development of the club, which will be focused not on the stars, and on the local players. Today will be officially introduced as head coach Haji Hajiyev, who will replace Dutchman Rene Melenstena.

Note that the owner of "Anji" brought leaders of the team and assured that they will be employed and receive their due under the contract sum.

The fact that Karimov will leave the Makhachkala club, at the moment the question. (Artush MKRTCHYAN)

Cost of the leading players, "Anji" Evaluation of the portal transfermarkt.de:

Willian - 30 million euros

Samuel Eto 'O - 22 million euros

Igor Denisov - 16 million euros

Lacina Traore - 16 million euros

Alexander Kokorin - 15 million euros

Lassana Diarra - 14 million euros

Mubarak Bussufa - 14 million euros

Christopher Samba - 11 million euros

Zhusiley - 11 million euros

Yuri Zhirkov - 11 million euros

Vladimir Gabulov - 6.5 million euros

Rene Melenstena hardly got his feet under the desk did he? He won't have a hard time finding a job though.

I wonder is AVB still texting sweet nothings to Willian? 30mil is a bit steep mind. Anybody know is wages out there?

oooh Willian a possibility?

_____Soldado
Willian_______Bale

would provide the creativity we seem to be lacking without infringing on your current CMs.

failing that id take Eto'o i guess...at a push

oooh Willian a possibility?

_____Soldado
Willian_______Bale

would provide the creativity we seem to be lacking without infringing on your current CMs.

failing that id take Eto'o i guess...at a push

This was may immediate thought.

Then I remembered his wages! :eek:

Back