• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

So Joe Kinnear has confirmed that Saudi Sportswashing Machine are very close to signing Bent, Remy and Gomis. Do they really need all 3 of them?

Rodgers wants as much for Suarez as we want for Bale, allegedly. About £90m or so.

he didnt quite say that...

“Gareth Bale has been valued in nine figures. Now I thought Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez were the two best players in the Premier League last season. You can’t say that Gareth Bale is worth 100 percent more than Luis Suarez.”

and he is right in a way

“Gareth Bale has been valued in nine figures. Now I thought Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez were the two best players in the Premier League last season. You can’t say that Gareth Bale is worth 100 percent more than Luis Suarez.”

and he is right in a way

In a footballing sense, yes he has a point, but as marketable asset they are polar opposites. It's brand Bale that is driving the price tag up.

and he is right in a way

Fair enough, I just read the headlines, not the actual quote... 8-[

But that said; while their worth solely as players isn't far apart, in a marketing and advertising perspective, Bale is worth ten times as much as Suarez, IMO.

Fair enough, I just read the headlines, not the actual quote... 8-[

But that said; while their worth solely as players isn't far apart, in a marketing and advertising perspective, Bale is worth ten times as much as Suarez, IMO.

i dont quite buy into this Brand Bale bollox.....He will never play in a world cup, he doesnt play for one of the major footballing nations, he doesnt have the hype around him that the Beckhams have/had, he is an excellent player but he isnt at the level of Ronaldo and Messi

From a marketing perspective, he would do better by staying in England imo....at Madrid? nah, in the long term i just dont see it

i dont quite buy into this Brand Bale bollox.....He will never play in a world cup, he doesnt play for one of the major footballing nations, he doesnt have the hype around him that the Beckhams have/had, he is an excellent player but he isnt at the level of Ronaldo and Messi

From a marketing perspective, he would do better by staying in England imo....at Madrid? nah, in the long term i just dont see it

Sure he is not at the levels of Beckham, nor Messi or Ronaldo, but compared to Suarez he is light years ahead. He is the most talked about footballer on the planet at the moment and may soon be the most expensive. Times Square, FIFA 14, BT, etc.. I think you are underestimating how far they can take this. Is that worth an extra 30-40 mil on the price tag? Of course it is.

Back