• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

the thing about Hooper is that he has also scored and played well in the CL....isnt the CL the pinnacle of european football??

5 mill is a potential steal....a genuine finisher who can contribute to attacking moves as well

The rule for players coming from the SPL nowadays is assume they're brick. If they begin to impress you, keep telling yourself they are brick because they will eventually prove you right (Hutton).

I'm going to apply this rule to 'linked with Barcelona' Wanyama too. Steven Fletcher was 'linked with Real Madrid' when he was at Hibs, Hutton was 'linked with Man Utd' at Rangers - Scottish journos just want to feel like their league is remotely big again.

The success rate of these signings is abysmal even when they are purportedly linked with the world's biggest clubs. Pretty sure Fletcher is the only competent, PL-level player who has come from the SPL recently? brick like Gary Caldwell and youngsters like McCarthy don't count.

Remember the days when they had the likes of Gattuso, Larsen and even Arteta LOL!

So Valencia has had a loan bid for Giroud turned down. Atleast we know they are looking for strikers.

Edit. Source is Sky, and they got it from lequipe (sp?)

Last edited:
The rule for players coming from the SPL nowadays is assume they're brick. If they begin to impress you, keep telling yourself they are brick because they will eventually prove you right (Hutton).

I'm going to apply this rule to 'linked with Barcelona' Wanyama too. Steven Fletcher was 'linked with Real Madrid' when he was at Hibs, Hutton was 'linked with Man Utd' at Rangers - Scottish journos just want to feel like their league is remotely big again.

The success rate of these signings is abysmal even when they are purportedly linked with the world's biggest clubs. Pretty sure Fletcher is the only competent, PL-level player who has come from the SPL recently? brick like Gary Caldwell and youngsters like McCarthy don't count.

Remember the days when they had the likes of Gattuso, Larsen and even Arteta LOL!

I've been quite impressed every time I've seen him play. I think he's gonna do well in the PL.

I agree, although Wanyama might be an exception. Only time will tell.

I think you can add Jelavic to the list of players impressing at first to later prove you right with your assumption.

I agree, although Wanyama might be an exception. Only time will tell.

I think you can add Jelavic to the list of players impressing at first to later prove you right with your assumption.

A lot of people have said that, but as you say, only time will tell. £12.5m is pretty steep, can see why no bigger clubs than Southampton came in for him at that price. Yeah forgot about Jelavic.. the list goes on.

A lot of people have said that, but as you say, only time will tell. £12.5m is pretty steep, can see why no bigger clubs than Southampton came in for him at that price. Yeah forgot about Jelavic.. the list goes on.

The real question about Wanyama will be if he's capable of stepping it up on the ball at a higher tempo for a side that enjoys a considerable amount of possession.

Southampton have done some good deals recently and I think they will have done their homework before spending that kind of money, will be interesting to see.

Humour from the Torquay United Official Website... they obviously have the same developers/operators as Spurs!

OFFICIAL site always gets there last...I get my info from the fans’ forum or Bob in the pub....grumble, groan and moan.

Hang on a minute, briefly forgot where I was.

We can now confirm that defender Krystian Pearce has passed his medical and signed all the paperwork on a two-year deal with the Gulls.

We know this has been reported elsewhere this morning but within the club, we are reluctant to speculate on transfer dealings until everything is confirmed. Now we can climb out of this pond of self-pity, the important thing is that Krystian is fully signed up to the United cause and ready for action.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/article/krystian-confirmed-954211.aspx?CMP=EMCFTBEML853&et_cid=43643&et_rid=2560073&Linkid=http%3a%2f%2fwww.torquayunited.com%2fnews%2farticle%2fkrystian-confirmed-954211.aspx

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 12m
Liverpool have made a £21m bid for Atletico Madrid's Brazilian striker Diego Costa. More on @BBCSport shortly.

Trust me when i say he's not good at all (and he's a lunatic):ross::ross:

Trust me when i say he's not good at all (and he's a lunatic):ross::ross:

He is a complete tosser - would fit right in

Have a look at this clips

[video=youtube;eBNIQM3Bi6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBNIQM3Bi6M[/video]

[video=youtube;k2mHldtB3jQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2mHldtB3jQ[/video]

How Ramos can shake his hand after that amazes me. In fact my respect for Ramos has gone up because having spit thrown at me twice including in my face I think I might have lost it on him.

He'll fit right in!

How Ramos can shake his hand after that amazes me. In fact my respect for Ramos has gone up because having spit thrown at me twice including in my face I think I might have lost it on him.

He'll fit right in!

Nah i think he probably just brick his loaf

Wow they've found an even bigger **** than Suarez.

Throwing snot, Jesus. Although tbf Pepe and Ramos deserve everything coming to them.

Back