• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

Villa also brought British last summer, quite a few players, at no.bad prices (for brits) and nearly went down.

Luna looks decent the few times I've seen him, so I'd say 2m is great value.

I can't think of too many brit players over the last 5years that have moved for realistic fees

Lambert is simply rebuilding a squad. They were short last season. Plus Lambert cannot be accused of not using English/British players, both at Villa and at Norwich. Last season his team which eventually put a run together to stay in the Prem contained the likes of Baker, Lowton, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor....all English

Former Tottenham forward Terry Gibson believes Real Madrid are wrong to let Gonzalo Higuain leave the club – and thinks the striker would be a “steal” for Arsenal at £20million.

The Argentinian is set to depart the Bernabeu this summer, with the Gunners reportedly leading the chase for his signature.

Spanish football expert Gibson is astounded that Madrid are prepared to let Higuain leave, and he thinks the 25-year-old would be a perfect signing for Arsenal.

“Arsenal are getting a very good player,” he told TalkSport. “I’m amazed Real Madrid are considering selling him.

“He’s 25 years old, so he’s only going to get better. He’s been a great player for Real Madrid. Sometimes clubs and supporters get bored with the same strikers. I don’t see any reason why Higuain would leave. If Arsenal could get him for under £20million then that’s a steal.”

He continued: “Real Madrid are set for major changes, they’re talking about signing Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez but, for me, Higuain would match up to those two and is proven at Real Madrid.

“There’s no guarantee with a new player that he’s going to settle and fit in with the team. Higuain is settled and proven [at the Bernabeu].

“He’s perfectly suited for the Premier League. He’s got a good physique, is a really tidy all-round footballer and a great finisher.

“He’ll settle in the Premier League well with his style of play. He’s not a Lionel Messi or a Cristiano Ronaldo, he’s more of a Radamel Falcao, just an out-and-out number nine.

“He’s what Arsenal need. They have a lot of players who can keep and move the ball but they need a focal point up front and he can provide that.”

agree with pretty much all of that. If they get Higuain at that price, its an absolute steal. The way Real dispose of really good players is unbelievable.

Villa > Higuain

one is 31, the other is 25, and their striking stats are very similar.....the younger one represents the better value imo

anyway, i wouldnt be surprised if this ended up happening

..............Higuain
....Villa................Walcott
.............Cazorla

.......Wheelchair..Arteta........

Arsene Wenger is prepared to break Arsenal’s club record transfer fee for the second time in a matter of days to sign Marouane Fellaini.

The Gunners are closing in on a record £22million deal for Gonzalo Higuain and now the Arsenal manager is considering activating Fellaini’s £23m release clause at Everton.

All parties are confident Higuain will soon be joining the Gunners from Real Madrid.

Wenger’s attention will now turn to other players, with the Frenchman determined to act quickly after several summers in which the club’s transfer activity was dictated by the protracted departures of leading players. The Arsenal boss has been an admirer of Fellaini for some time. Aside from being a proven success in the Premier League, the Belgium international has the versatility that Wenger craves in potential targets, given Fellaini’s ability to play in midfield and as a striker.

Wenger must now weigh up whether to activate the player’s release clause after Everton made it clear they would not sell for less. Fellaini is thought to be open to a move in the wake of David Moyes’s departure to Manchester United and Wenger had hoped he would be available for less than £23m.

But the Merseyside club will not accept anything less than that figure, forcing Wenger to assess his options. The Higuain deal is proof Arsenal have the financial firepower they once lacked and are prepared to use it.

Moyes could yet decide to take Fellaini with him to Old Trafford but with United in advanced talks to sign another midfielder, Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona, a move for his former player would appear less likely. Arsenal continue to monitor Wayne Rooney’s situation at United but, despite reports the striker is unsettled, it is understood the Gunners have not yet been encouraged to make a bid.

Rooney is set to discuss his future with Moyes and although Arsenal will register their interest should he leave, they will face stiff competition for his signature.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-eyes-another-arsenal-club-record-with-23m-fellaini-8668438.html

Saints have been linked with a £17m move for Roma forward Pablo Osvaldo.

The Italian international could leave the Serie A side this summer and is rumoured to have attracted interest from a host of top clubs in England.

Osvaldo, 27, previously played under Saints manager Mauricio Pochettino at Espanyol, spending 18 months at the Spanish side, from 2010 to 2011.

He was then sold to Roma for a fee of about £15m.

Osvaldo was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but qualified for Italy through his family.

He was kicked out of the national team's squad for their recent World Cup qualifying matches and the Confederations Cup, after shouting at his club coach during Roma's Coppa Italia final loss to Lazio.

Osvaldo made 31 appearances for Roma last season, scoring 17 goals.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/10500121.Saints_linked_with___17m_forward/

Felliaini as well??

oh well, scrap what i posted above then, the Arse could look like this next season.

.............Higuain
....Villa..............Walcott
............Cazorla

......Wheelchair...Felliani

:eek::eek:

The recent Villa signings are a massive reason why English/British national teams are in decline.
Are you seriously telling me that there were NO young British players they could have got?

The more this reckless signing of players, just because they have a foreign name, continues, the more the youth of this country will think "what's the point?"

It really is time to have a self-imposed cap of overseas players

Reckless?

How is this reckless? I can think of several English players being signed in recent years that have been a lot more reckless. I think signing Andy Carroll for £15m on £100k p/w is a lot more reckless than signing some (to us) unknown player from abroad on low wages.

Villa have seem to have a good youth academy and some exciting young prospects already breaking into the first team, including some British players I believe. They were saved by a "reckless, wasn't there a British player they could have got" signing as Benteke helped drag them to safety this season. Now they're trying to avoid the mistakes of last summer by signing a few more players ready for first team action and they have to look for value in the transfer market, value that is very difficult to find in the English leagues. If there was value there to be had I think Lambert would be the first to look for it.

England seems far behind other top nations in producing good young footballers. Some of those problems are being addressed now, but it will take years to rectify I think.

Take last season summer as an example. If you were to list the top 5 or top 10 PL signings how many of those would be English/British?

To me it would be a lot more reckless for a club to heavily focus on British players over foreign players as it would most likely significantly hinder the progress of that club. If Tottenham were to do that I would be both angry and disappointed.

Saints have been linked with a £17m move for Roma forward Pablo Osvaldo.

The Italian international could leave the Serie A side this summer and is rumoured to have attracted interest from a host of top clubs in England.

Osvaldo, 27, previously played under Saints manager Mauricio Pochettino at Espanyol, spending 18 months at the Spanish side, from 2010 to 2011.

He was then sold to Roma for a fee of about £15m.

Osvaldo was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but qualified for Italy through his family.

He was kicked out of the national team's squad for their recent World Cup qualifying matches and the Confederations Cup, after shouting at his club coach during Roma's Coppa Italia final loss to Lazio.

Osvaldo made 31 appearances for Roma last season, scoring 17 goals.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/10500121.Saints_linked_with___17m_forward/

I saw Osvaldo linked to us again yesterday on some dubious website or other. The article said that Baldini is trying to engineer a move for Osvaldo to Spurs. No quotes at all in the article but at least the journo got paid for writing it.

Last edited:
one is 31, the other is 25, and their striking stats are very similar.....the younger one represents the better value imo

anyway, i wouldnt be surprised if this ended up happening

..............Higuain
....Villa................Walcott
.............Cazorla

.......Wheelchair..Arteta........

Reading that team is making me a bit queasy.

Surely Madrid won't sell Higuain, at least before a new manager is installed? The guy is brilliant and coming into his prime. Yes, I'm clutching at straws.

Reading that team is making me a bit queasy.

Surely Madrid won't sell Higuain, at least before a new manager is installed? The guy is brilliant and coming into his prime. Yes, I'm clutching at straws.

I really dont think he will end up at Arsenal. He will definitely leave Madrid though. I think Juventus are sniffing around in the background and will snap him up. I am sure there are Higuain quotes about not liking the weather here and would prefer Serie A...

I really dont think he will end up at Arsenal. He will definitely leave Madrid though. I think Juventus are sniffing around in the background and will snap him up. I am sure there are Higuain quotes about not liking the weather here and would prefer Serie A...

i dont think Turin is the sunniest of places either :)

The other rumour was that his wife/girlfriend has recently secured a job at the BBC in London. That might influence him a bit;)

Back