• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

I still think he'll play him infront of Taarabt instead of dropping Mackie who looooves to run around a bit - proper Arry player, grafter and all

I still think he'll play him infront of Taarabt instead of dropping Mackie who looooves to run around a bit - proper Arry player, grafter and all

I do agree. He will absolutely try and play Remy uptop, but I don't think he's a Lukakau (oh how I remember wanting us to gamble on him ahead of Chelski!) and I think that once Zamora's fit, Harrys going to have to make the adjustment to get the most out of Remy. TBF, Mackie has been doing a decent job for him and absolutely does not stop grafting. I think every side needs one or two of those sorts of player, it just becomes about the quality of said-grafter. Taraabt is another massive massive gamble IMO. The talent is unquestionable, but can you afford to wait for the flashes to produce the goals to produce the points? I think we might yet see Taraabt on the bench a lot more. I thought he was pants on Saturday, his typical 'genial touch' only for the brain to get stuck in 13-year old mode. If he could get SWP and Remy working on opposite sides but both coming inside off a main striker, I think he'd be set. I'm very interested to see what happens, TBH I was interested in them early doors as Hughes spent a brick load of money!

I do agree. He will absolutely try and play Remy uptop, but I don't think he's a Lukakau (oh how I remember wanting us to gamble on him ahead of Chelski!) and I think that once Zamora's fit, Harrys going to have to make the adjustment to get the most out of Remy. TBF, Mackie has been doing a decent job for him and absolutely does not stop grafting. I think every side needs one or two of those sorts of player, it just becomes about the quality of said-grafter. Taraabt is another massive massive gamble IMO. The talent is unquestionable, but can you afford to wait for the flashes to produce the goals to produce the points? I think we might yet see Taraabt on the bench a lot more. I thought he was pants on Saturday, his typical 'genial touch' only for the brain to get stuck in 13-year old mode. If he could get SWP and Remy working on opposite sides but both coming inside off a main striker, I think he'd be set. I'm very interested to see what happens, TBH I was interested in them early doors as Hughes spent a brick load of money!

I think what is clear is that Redknapp is again doing well at a club to balance the squad a bit, bringing in players that give him real options and that can fill different roles.

Unlike Hughes who seemed delighted to sign players who were over the (clint) hill, Redknapp is bringing in players that are likely to be a bit more hungry. He also signed Nelsen and Ben Haim I suppose, but both are players he's worked with before that he knew he could trust.

Nelsen went there this summer.

Bothroyd apparently was outstanding last night, while Cisse put in a performance that would have had us dreaming of the days of Rasiak.

I think what is clear is that Redknapp is again doing well at a club to balance the squad a bit, bringing in players that give him real options and that can fill different roles.

Unlike Hughes who seemed delighted to sign players who were over the (clint) hill, Redknapp is bringing in players that are likely to be a bit more hungry. He also signed Nelsen and Ben Haim I suppose, but both are players he's worked with before that he knew he could trust.

Agreed.
Have to say, Nelsen has proven a decent pick up for him wherever he's gone. I liken Harry a bit to The Wolf in Pulp Fiction (aka Harvey Keitel) in so much as when you need a specific job of this nature done, give Harry the tools/chequebook and he will get it done.

Bothroyd apparently was outstanding last night, while Cisse put in a performance that would have had us dreaming of the days of Rasiak.

I think we will see Harry get performances and goals out of Bothroyd and DJ Campbell; in fact, the latter could prove to be a master stroke.

You're right about Nelsen of course. My bad.

Interesting about Bothroyd and Cisse. Never would have thought that Cisse was up for a backs against the wall relegation scrap.

"There are a lot of players at this club who earn far too much money," he said. "Far too much for their ability and what they give to the club.“

"I don't really want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past."

Redknapp, 65, says the club's wage bill is too high and certain individuals in his squad are earning more than players at his former team Tottenham.

"A lot of agents made money out of them [the club's owners]," Redknapp said.

"I fined a player last week and he was earning more than any player earned at Tottenham. You shouldn't be paying massive wages when you've got a stadium that holds 18,000 people."

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/kasper36/Saudi Sportswashing Machine%20United%20FC%20-%20The%20Animated%20Series/qpr.gif

Harry Redknapp convinced Yann M'Vila to join Queens Park Rangers by telling him it was the quickest route to Manchester United.

Hoops boss Redknapp expects to complete the £7million deal in time for the 22-year-old midfielder to play at West Ham on Saturday.

But asked how he had persuaded one of Europe's most sought after young talents to leave Rennes and join a relegation fight, he said: 'I just made him feel he was wanted, that is the key.

'I told him that he would come here and be a good player, and if he does well, if we stay up, in 18 months he could get a move to Manchester United, or Arsenal, or Chelsea, if that is what he is looking for.

'In the meantime he could come here and we put him on the stage and show what he can do.

'If we can build a team then hopefully he will stay with us. If not he will put himself on the stage for bigger things.'

M'Vila has 22 caps for France and was part of their Euro 2012 squad but he is serving a two-year ban from international duty after he and four other players in the Under 21 squad went on an unauthorised night out in November.

Redknapp said: 'He is a top, proper footballer. He can play. He controls the game, he can pass the ball, he is strong.

'He's had a few problems off the field but he is only young. If he behaves himself and comes and plays for us as he is able to then he will be a great asset.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263167/Harry-Redknapp-tells-Yann-MVila-use-QPR-stepping-stone-Manchester-United.html

So Harry still needs 2 wins (provided Villa hold on to their 2 goal HT lead) but every week the victims change. If we can win tomorrow and put United on a losing run this could turn into the most interesting top and bottom side season in recent times.

Last edited:
Fair play to Harry, I'm very impressed with his results so far

3 London derbies, 5 points

Harry is a magician

Yeah fair play to Harry .... I thought his parking of the bus tactic would get them another three points today . Its the right thing to do at this stage so I'm not knocking him . After their 3-0 home drubbing by Liverpool it was the only way to go , get some confidence back into his players . But I do want them to go down and its not because he's their manager. Ive just never liked the Hoops.

I'm sure statto can confirm

Harry now has the 3rd best London derby record in the premier league era

And 5th best of all time, behind Wenger, Billy Nic, Graham and Harry Curtis

A good point for him today, and I think whilst he isn't winning too many matches, he has snapped QPR out of the 'losing' mentality. I think they will absolutely go on a win streak in the next 5-6 weeks, and providing they can hang in with draws and the odd win, I still think he will keep them up.

Back