• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

This has turned into a transfer rumour thread now.

And the transfer rumour threads have turned into tactics and formations threads.

The worlds gone mad

I'm still wondering what's next for Harry.
England job after Brazil 2014? Sky sports pundit? Retirement?

Oh the excitement every time I see a new post in this thread...

This thread definitely has a character of its own. It's fairly easy to ignore if you don't like it. Personally, I tend to read it or not depending on my mood.

I think following the fortunes if a former manager or player, particularly a successful one, is part of following football. 'Arry was our best manager since Nicholson so its interesting to see how he does rescuing a club when faced with a task more difficult than recovering from 2 points in eight games. I wouldn't see a problem with a Martin Jol thread as he was a popular manager, who was a significant part of our recent rise (return), and one most people still like. Othes, would have course disagree, but they can ignore the thread. As long as there are only a few "nostalgia" threads it doesn't need to affect anyone*.

* As long as it doesn't get merged somewhere random.

This thread definitely has a character of its own. It's fairly easy to ignore if you don't like it. Personally, I tend to read it or not depending on my mood.

I think following the fortunes if a former manager or player, particularly a successful one, is part of following football. 'Arry was our best manager since Nicholson so its interesting to see how he does rescuing a club when faced with a task more difficult than recovering from 2 points in eight games. I wouldn't see a problem with a Martin Jol thread as he was a popular manager, who was a significant part of our recent rise (return), and one most people still like. Othes, would have course disagree, but they can ignore the thread. As long as there are only a few "nostalgia" threads it doesn't need to affect anyone*.

* As long as it doesn't get merged somewhere random.

I'd say an ex-Spurs thread makes more sense, where ex-Spurs players, managers and backroom staff can be discussed.

I have to say I think this is a fine idea. Maybe one for ex-managers and one for ex-players? Good idea though...

Are you being serious? I have little or no interest in what our ex managers are doing. Ex-players meh also.
The only reason I am interested in this Harry thread is because Harry always returns to his old clubs to buy and so there is a strong chance he will be doing business with us. If QPR had been down and out by now then there was no chance of business but as it stands they just need 2 wins.
Their last game in January is Emirates Marketing Project so I can't see them desperate to buy someone before that game so I expect some last minute deals that Harry said wasn't gonna happen.

Are you being serious? I have little or no interest in what our ex managers are doing. Ex-players meh also.
The only reason I am interested in this Harry thread is because Harry always returns to his old clubs to buy and so there is a strong chance he will be doing business with us. If QPR had been down and out by now then there was no chance of business but as it stands they just need 2 wins.
Their last game in January is Emirates Marketing Project so I can't see them desperate to buy someone before that game so I expect some last minute deals that Harry said wasn't gonna happen.

I am serious mate for a couple of reasons.

1) It would allow those who wish to discuss, debate and compare past managers to do so in an area clearly marked what it is on the tin.

2) It would hopefully cut down on the sneakage of said-posts into a few other unrelated threads as is happening right now.

For what it's worth, I think Harry will be very keen to see who, if anybody, we can bargain-basement in before the end of the window, as that could well leave him enjoying a couple of our squaddies on loan.

I know it is tough being a mod but I don't think "sneakage" is a problem. This forum is a bit like talking to your gran..every single thread wanders off topic almost immediately. The ITK thread has hardly any ITK..how about a thread "Stuff posted in the wrong thread " where mods can just dump stuff which they think is in the wrong thread..might be the most interesting thread on the board. As it stands this place is getting boring.

Most other forums I lurk on have an ex-player/manager thread. I think it's a good idea, there's obviously a 'market' for it too.

There are a few posters on here that seem to care more about what our former players do, so might not be a bad thing.

I think the problem arises when people read threads about Redknapp, AVB, Lloris, Defoe, ITK, Transfer rumours, etc. and find endless arguments about the same topic in just about every thread. I certainly don't open the ITK thread to read two people's debate over a player we were linked with last week. That's the problem with the long threads, they're far too easily hijacked, and then they don't work anymore.

In my humble opinion.

And yet here you are in a thread regarding an ex-Manager :-k

And yet here you are in a thread regarding an ex-Manager :-k

Try to keep up.

There's nowhere to post random eyelash fluttering pics of Niko now. :( That would be possible if we had an ex player thread.

Back