• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

I’ve been on here over a decade and (thankfully) can’t recall anyone else using the term paedo as an insult, or suggesting that a poster ‘go suck [their] mum.’ Pathetic, childish and completely uncalled for.
Very odd behaviour
We don’t know everyone’s circumstances but forums like this are generally older folk
That’s kind of insults are perfect for twitter where I regularly get called a levy loving clam for saying we need to give people time
I’ve also been called racist for saying son isn’t a cF and Sarr is a very athletic runner .. the world has. Way strange place now for people to vent

Rice is a huge void for them to fill
and it’s at home
Time for big dom to get his home debut goal
But I was saying if we have no CFs fit
I’m gutted Lankshear is injured as although I doubt Ange would play him he has everything we have been missing IMO.

Not to place weight on those shoulders, but he'd have snaffled one of those Johnson crosses IMO because those are the spaces he knows!

What are you talking about? I made a post about Son being a better striker than Kulu and it is part of the reason we were better in the second half and end up scoring.

You are the ones quoting my posts, slandering, neglecting, defaming, thinking Odobert and Johnson can pass a football and calling me a 13 year old prick. No I am not 13 you paedo. Go suck your mum.
I haven't replied to you about anything other than your language and behaviour. And instead of apologising for your frankly pathetic use of language, you double down on it.

Great work pal!

I'm not a fan of fullbacks bombing on.
I didn't like it when Poch expected Rose and Walker to be furthest forward, crossing from the byline and ALSO be able to get back and defend.
I don't like that Udogie and Porro are getting in the way, standing on the edge of the box and passing 5 yards to others which just slows down our attacks with useless passing options.

Porro is actually good at getting involved, but we shouldn't need him that high up.

Would rather see Udogie and Biss holding midfield with Porro, then let the actual attackers do the attacking.
It looks to me when Kulu plays in midfield we don’t see Porto under lapping as much
But it doesn’t change on the left .. ever

Not to place weight on those shoulders, but he'd have snaffled one of those Johnson crosses IMO because those are the spaces he knows!
He is a goal scorer
His all round play may not be amazing
But he scores goals
I went to see him play 3 times last year. First touch is decent. He ain’t quick but can cover ground.
But his movement in the box js Halland like. His finishing style is more like Kane though. He lived that across the body strike.
His build up play in all 3 games was drop in, pass it to someone else then move to score

@thfcsteff I make a prediction now
Solanke will turn out like Adebeyoir for us because Lankshear will take over
And I don’t mean anything negative around solanke who I think is a great fit for Ange ball but I have feeling it’s only 18 months/2 years left with Ange before we get the Bournemouth coach in bs by then we I’ll have Lankshear rounded off
The attack will be more, Lankshear and one other with Donley in the 10

I have been a Spurs supporter for more years than I care to remember so I am always going to be a bit reserved with my expectations every season and I always over react after a loss so I apologise for my negative posts. You should listen to well balanced posters like DeanoAustin. He is right anything from 4th to 7th will be a good season and hopefully Ange will properly go for the Europa league

I’ve been on here over a decade and (thankfully) can’t recall anyone else using the term paedo as an insult, or suggesting that a poster ‘go suck [their] mum.’ Pathetic, childish and completely uncalled for.
Oh sweet summer child. Has anybody else been on this forum since the gg-net days? Late 90's, only 2 Spurs outlets - this and alt.sports.spurs. Now I feel old. Anyway, there was a completely different tone back then when we were proper brick (but still won a league cup).

I think there's fact and reality. The facts are we lack the elite elite we need to deploy this system instantaneously. The reality is we are budgeted for youth and building based in highly promising young talent. Even when we spent big money on Solanke this summer, a friend pointed out (fairly I thought) that the wages for said player were similar to those for an average CF. Budget these days also has to include wages, and wages if pushed push the entiure club ceiling, so I understand the reluctance in one sense, but in the other, we will not really push on instantly unless that policy changes. We've decided to go with development of promise, and I think it'll be fun and furious. Probably really important I keep remembering that, because otherwise, the frustration of days like today and Leicester will only grow.

For all the complaints about defending, if we had elite quality in the final third, we'd be doing fantastically well. I think Ange has overall got us in a great place, but the finite tools are lacking. BTW, I still think there's a curious thing going on with Maddison; at times quakity, but how often did he slow it all down with extra touches/not being instinctive to his talents? Anyway, onwards...
Agreed Steff. It’s a fine balance.

So if … we don’t quite have the quality to employ the system the manager wants to play just yet should he not be more flexible to suit the players at his disposal.

After all it’s a results business. It’s all well and good to say we have youngsters with talent we can mould for the future to play a style the manager wants but how much time will he have ? Restless fan base and board could make it very short.

Problem I have is we seem to be in a vicious circle of hire , rebuild and fire.

Look I could be waffling as had a few as I’m on holiday.

@thfcsteff I make a prediction now
Solanke will turn out like Adebeyoir for us because Lankshear will take over
And I don’t mean anything negative around solanke who I think is a great fit for Ange ball but I have feeling it’s only 18 months/2 years left with Ange before we get the Bournemouth coach in bs by then we I’ll have Lankshear rounded off
The attack will be more, Lankshear and one other with Donley in the 10

I am hoping he will be fit for the Coventry game. It's a game I am looking forward to as well will hopefully see Gray, Bergvall, Spence, Lankshear and some of Moore in that game.

I think they all have something to add to this squad, and have a chance to push some players.

For me Kulusevski is now a CM. He looked good in that position bringing the ball forward

I am hoping he will be fit for the Coventry game. It's a game I am looking forward to as well will hopefully see Gray, Bergvall, Spence, Lankshear and some of Moore in that game.

I think they all have something to add to this squad, and have a chance to push some players.

For me Kulusevski is now a CM. He looked good in that position bringing the ball forward
Would be great to see

Agreed Steff. It’s a fine balance.

So if … we don’t quite have the quality to employ the system the manager wants to play just yet should he not be more flexible to suit the players at his disposal.

After all it’s a results business. It’s all well and good to say we have youngsters with talent we can mould for the future to play a style the manager wants but how much time will he have ? Restless fan base and board could make it very short.

Problem I have is we seem to be in a vicious circle of hire , rebuild and fire.

Look I could be waffling as had a few as I’m on holiday.
I don’t think he can flex
That’s the commitment he wants from the players and flexing doesn’t create that conviction.
When you consider that the mistakes have come form the elite WC winning centre back… is it the system or the players. We aren’t conceding worldies

But time start the last two games with no player at CF who suits the system it will always be an issue

Said it last week and the week before, personally ill judge after 10 games

I have been a Spurs supporter for more years than I care to remember so I am always going to be a bit reserved with my expectations every season and I always over react after a loss so I apologise for my negative posts. You should listen to well balanced posters like DeanoAustin. He is right anything from 4th to 7th will be a good season and hopefully Ange will properly go for the Europa league
Appreciate the compliment man but I’ve had my meltdowns and knee jerks on here particularly when Poch to Madrid was rumoured, we got dingdonged at Brighton and the end of Nuno.

That’s what supporting this wonderful, brilliant, nerve shredding, basket case of a club does to you.

In isolation, losing away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine isn't a catastrophe, they'll win most of their home games, but because we lost in a similar way to how we drew at Leicester, is a bit frustrating and concerning. I'm not giving up though. Our team is young, and I'm confident we'll get better. Sooner or later, hopefully the former, we'll start taking more of our chances, and get rewarded for being dominant for 85 minutes of games.

You don't even understand what I am saying.

You can't even type properly.

You didn't even watch when Son was clean through as the last man and Odobert refused to play him in.

We were much better in the second half in part because Son did a better job stretching the back line of Saudi Sportswashing Machine than Kulusevski as a striker. It isn't even a debate.
Bedfords keyboard is legendary, and a source of much entertainment here.

I thought we were the by far best team today, but we're let down by poor finishing on our part again, and players not being at the end of the crosses they should be - and then no pragmatism when it comes to that suicidally high back line. We look so naked when countered on. Having only Biss at CDM just seems a bit too thin when we attack like we do. I sometimes wonder whether we could deploy Romero at CDM to protect two CBS - then he could rush and press around all he wishes and drop down and become a third Cb whenever we're under the cosh. Never gonna happen, but it's crossed my mind.

I was tinkled off after the match, such a typical Spurs defeat. It's just ridiculous how often we seem to have matches like this and it feels like we'll never learn. I find it bizarre that we always seem to have such bad luck. Can we learn from our mistakes this time? I hate to sound negative, but I doubt it. Hoping I'm wrong of course.

I would be worried if we were playing poorly
So far the trends are
We ain’t taking the chances
Our top CB switches odd sometimes
Teams against need us to make a mistake (shock horror)
We can press in a coordinated manner again
We can be slow when passing

In isolation, losing away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine isn't a catastrophe, they'll win most of their home games, but because we lost in a similar way to how we drew at Leicester, is a bit frustrating and concerning. I'm not giving up though. Our team is young, and I'm confident we'll get better. Sooner or later, hopefully the former, we'll start taking more of our chances, and get rewarded for being dominant for 85 minutes of games.
For me, the taking of chances isn’t really the problem. To achieve anything, you don’t need to batter everyone, you need to win tight games.

You concede two goals in any game, you’re gonna be lucky to draw and very lucky to win.

The last 1-0 we were involved in in the league was Luton away last year (we beat Burnley 1-0 in the cup and lost 1-0 to City in the cup). You won’t achieve anything worth achieving without being able to eke out wins in tight games.

For me, the taking of chances isn’t really the problem. To achieve anything, you don’t need to batter everyone, you need to win tight games.

You concede two goals in any game, you’re gonna be lucky to draw and very lucky to win.

The last 1-0 we were involved in in the league was Luton away last year (we beat Burnley 1-0 in the cup and lost 1-0 to City in the cup). You won’t achieve anything worth achieving without being able to eke out wins in tight games.
4 clean sheets in 31 league games.

Back