• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

For me, the taking of chances isn’t really the problem. To achieve anything, you don’t need to batter everyone, you need to win tight games.

You concede two goals in any game, you’re gonna be lucky to draw and very lucky to win.

The last 1-0 we were involved in in the league was Luton away last year (we beat Burnley 1-0 in the cup and lost 1-0 to City in the cup). You won’t achieve anything worth achieving without being able to eke out wins in tight games.

Ill judge how we concede now with Ange having his players

Last year he had to make do with Davies and royal at CB

Dont think many of us expected a win today. As always its the hope that gets us.

I think on balance I would rather we finished the season strongly than got off to a flying start. Early days yet, we missed VDV as well as the strikers.

As I mentioned previously, this was shocking from Son! He was running full pelt towards the back post, and then stopped at the penalty spot! How the fudge is Brennan supposed to get the ball there??? There's only one place he can cross it!!
View attachment 17594
Uh that’s the one I mentioned earlier

Son does that against every low block

He hates/wont fight the CBS. It’s not his game. What he does is back off to make space for himself but Ange ball (see the vid I just posted in his thread) is all about attacking the box

I said in a post before the game that we'd need to score 3 or 4 goals to win and so it was....

Pathetic defending and no real leadership on the pitch...

Vicario - good shot stopper but dodgy in the air.

Porro - played ok.

Radusin - played well and with a lot of heart...

Romero - needs dropping to remind him that he is not the best central defender on the world.

Udogie - ok today but the push in the back on a defender going nowhere in the first half sums him up... Needs to think a bit more

Bissouma - did nothing special... Gave it away several times and looks more like ndombele every game...

Sarr - ok, nothing more

Madison - would win the world title for turning on a sixpence but goes down far too easily and doesn't look to have the pace of power to go past people.

Kulu - played well but would do so much better with better players around him like Kane.

Odobert - played with a lot of heart but poor decision making but he's 19, came from Burnley and nobody had ever heard of him before. I blame the management and recruiting staff for having to play away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine wherever have conceded 10 goals in previous two league games.

Son - ok bit ultimately didn't produce anything worthwhile.... As for being captain and rousing the team my 2 year old granddaughter has got more aggression...

Ange - stop saying we should have won and controlled the game... It happens too often and we are still light years behind the top three clubs....

I have been going to Spurs since 1967 and I am totally f...ed off with the same old disappointment.... We really needed a top level defensive central midfielder to try and offer some security at the back when the rest of the team go forward....

Lots of people may disagree with what I've said but I don't care...

COYS

Dier playing?
Didn’t think he played a game for Ange so that’s a blur

And we know that includes royal and Davies at CB, not full back and even worse… royal at left back, 3 times IIRC
Wolves last year...

Yeah it's those lads playing at CB but Romero and VdV played 19 games at CB together in that run and we had 3 clean sheets in those games and we conceded 31 goals (slightly overstated given both were off the pitch when Chelsea scored 3 of their 4 against us but general point still stands). That's almost 1.5 goals a game even stripping out 3 Chelsea goals.

Personnel isn't the main problem, it just exacerbates the problem when you don't have VdV (and you have Royal and/or Davies).

The movement is stifled by the pace of the passing form defence and midfield
Two huge culprits
Maddison and Romero
Both can pass but take a hell of along time to do it allowing teams to get in place too much
Part of that is them delaying a pass waiting for movement in front of them. And tbf to them they both often pick penetrating passes after pausing is n the ball.

Part of that is them delaying a pass waiting for movement in front of them. And tbf to them they both often pick penetrating passes after pausing is n the ball.
They really dont… most of the time
We have many examples of movement but these players wait… and wait and are static before passing
That means the guy receiving it generally is receiving it slower too

Wolves last year...

Yeah it's those lads playing at CB but Romero and VdV played 19 games at CB together in that run and we had 3 clean sheets in those games and we conceded 31 goals (slightly overstated given both were off the pitch when Chelsea scored 3 of their 4 against us but general point still stands). That's almost 1.5 goals a game even stripping out 3 Chelsea goals.

Personnel isn't the main problem, it just exacerbates the problem when you don't have VdV (and you have Royal and/or Davies).
Wolves last year was a set piece and counter attack too

Edit
Sorry it was wolves away wasn’t it

What I don’t understand from our fans is this: the reason we’re so disappointed is we should have won. That is Anges system.

It’s not like we’ve been well beaten and we’re sulking off somewhere. We’re angry because we made more chances, and conceded some weak goals.

Fans reaction is: Ange got it wrong. No ‘mate’ Ange got it right but we need to improve in both boxes. We have a young side, so I am okay being patient.

What I don’t understand from our fans is this: the reason we’re so disappointed is we should have won. That is Anges system.

It’s not like we’ve been well beaten and we’re sulking off somewhere. We’re angry because we made more chances, and conceded some weak goals.

Fans reaction is: Ange got it wrong. No ‘mate’ Ange got it right but we need to improve in both boxes. We have a young side, so I am okay being patient.
That’s the kicker
Again

They really dont… most of the time
We have many examples of movement but these players wait… and wait and are static before passing
That means the guy receiving it generally is receiving it slower too

I saw Romero wait on the ball then open them up. Maddison also one of our better passers.

I think our issue is more to do with finishing. Being clinical in the final third. Not enough of our players are natural finishers. If Son and Poro don’t tuck the ball away, who else will?

Last edited:
@thfcsteff I make a prediction now
Solanke will turn out like Adebeyoir for us because Lankshear will take over
And I don’t mean anything negative around solanke who I think is a great fit for Ange ball but I have feeling it’s only 18 months/2 years left with Ange before we get the Bournemouth coach in bs by then we I’ll have Lankshear rounded off
The attack will be more, Lankshear and one other with Donley in the 10

I felt Lankshear was raw but ready too. And agree he has the full tool kit!

I agree with your sentiments but I'm 64 and have been sold this 'things will get better line' for too long....

We were much better than man u and woolwich for a good few years in recent times but won nothing... They won 3 or 4 trophies each in that time....

We are a mentally weak club whose motto should be, ' stick with us, things will get better so keep spending your money '..

Back