• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

You crack on fella
Maybe we should play son CF every week and watch Ange get sacked
It clear you don’t understand the tactical change that made us better but lots don’t.
Odobert took bricks when he should have passed several times today
Kulu made mistakes too coming inside when a ball wide would have worked
Son ran backwards to leave their CBS but they stood still meaning they could just defend… which they did
Lots of issues but none were about us stretching them. They didn’t move because they played a low block, like last year. Rigid and fixed and you need a Cf ti engage with them rather than back off
As soon as we made the change to son Cf we lost all physical presence in attack
The key change as I’ve highlighted was adding Kuluninto midfield. That worked but his choices should have been better
Huh? Starting Kulu over Son as striker and not being able to defend is what is losing Ange games

As I said before, you are literally incompetent if you think starting Kulu at CF is a better option than Son

As in, I cannot reply to you because you are that deluded

Have to agree . Saudi Sportswashing Machine could have scored same goal as 2nd 20 earlier. One straight ball and they were in. Did not think they were great. Overall it was a game that lacked real quality from both sets of players. Both sides equally guilty of being sloppy at times . Saudi Sportswashing Machine more so.

We lack movement at times to hurt teams and pace of anttacks , our tempo is slow for large periods.

I don’t really get it. You want to be a possession based side. But then there’s not enough movement from your forwards at times. Using your full backs as runners into box hurts in the transition to defence when turn over the ball. You want to get your wingers in behind their full back but are slow to move the ball.

We may be better suited and looked dangerous at times on the counter rather than the slower build up.

I think we are a bit in limbo between the two. It’s fine margins really.

And high line without VDV is not great without him mopping up.

The full back thing is such an easy fix. Udogie in particular offers nothing going into the #10 position. Just get him to stay wide and hold his position instantly makes us better against the counter and gives the actual creative players a chance.

I'm down on Maddison, but it's worth noting that he doesn't actually play #10 for us, he's constant deep alongside Bissouma, with players ahead of him that are less creative than he is.

I have no problem with your opinions. What I do have a problem with, is your attitude and language towards others on the forum.
We usually respect each other in here, and refrain from using derogatory language when addressing others.

To put it in such words, you behave like a 13 year old prick.
What are you talking about? I made a post about Son being a better striker than Kulu and it is part of the reason we were better in the second half and end up scoring.

You are the ones quoting my posts, slandering, neglecting, defaming, thinking Odobert and Johnson can pass a football and calling me a 13 year old prick. No I am not 13 you paedo. Go suck your mum.

The full back thing is such an easy fix. Udogie in particular offers nothing going into the #10 position. Just get him to stay wide and hold his position instantly makes us better against the counter and gives the actual creative players a chance.

I'm down on Maddison, but it's worth noting that he doesn't actually play #10 for us, he's constant deep alongside Bissouma, with players ahead of him that are less creative than he is.
Yes I agree. He needs to be affecting the game higher up the pitch. At the same time I think he’s not looking great. Looks a little short of confidence.

Johnson looked decent when he came on. I think he always looks better off the bench than starting. He’s a player you want going at a tired full back.

The good old 'I don't care about results, just want to see us play decent football' was never going to last was it:D....
I still stand by it! But it has to be decent football with a purpose, not just a glorified 5-a-side. Today was a massive step up from the boring as hell-stuff from last season for me, plus that we tried to play football for both halves for once.

Huh? Starting Kulu over Son as striker and not being able to defend is what is losing Ange games

As I said before, you are literally incompetent if you think starting Kulu at CF is a better option than Son

As in, I cannot reply to you because you are that deluded
Son is fine Cf against teams that attack us and don’t low block
It was clear last year
Against anyone who doesn’t move… he is awful
Kulu as Cf with an extra attacker in midfield may have worked. Issue was he was needed in midfield so it meant shunting son into a role he can’t do.
Shame as he was playing well on the left
Ange did start Kulu Cf by the way. He must be incompetent

What are you talking about? I made a post about Son being a better striker than Kulu and it is part of the reason we were better in the second half and end up scoring.

You are the ones quoting my posts, slandering, neglecting, defaming, thinking Odobert and Johnson can pass a football and calling me a 13 year old prick. No I am not 13 you paedo. Go suck your mum.
I’ve reported your post. I honestly think you’d enjoy it more on a different forum.

I’ve reported your post. I honestly think you’d enjoy it more on a different fo

Have to agree . Saudi Sportswashing Machine could have scored same goal as 2nd 20 earlier. One straight ball and they were in. Did not think they were great. Overall it was a game that lacked real quality from both sets of players. Both sides equally guilty of being sloppy at times . Saudi Sportswashing Machine more so.

We lack movement at times to hurt teams and pace of anttacks , our tempo is slow for large periods.

I don’t really get it. You want to be a possession based side. But then there’s not enough movement from your forwards at times. Using your full backs as runners into box hurts in the transition to defence when turn over the ball. You want to get your wingers in behind their full back but are slow to move the ball.

We may be better suited and looked dangerous at times on the counter rather than the slower build up.

I think we are a bit in limbo between the two. It’s fine margins really.

And high line without VDV is not great without him mopping up.
The movement is stifled by the pace of the passing form defence and midfield
Two huge culprits
Maddison and Romero
Both can pass but take a hell of along time to do it allowing teams to get in place too much

Yes I agree. He needs to be affecting the game higher up the pitch. At the same time I think he’s not looking great. Looks a little short of confidence.

Johnson looked decent when he came on. I think he always looks better off the bench than starting. He’s a player you want going at a tired full back.
We haven’t seen the best of Destiny for sure
But we done have an alternative in reality
That’ was always a worry in thsi window and I’m still not sure how we didn’t address it
We moved Romero to left cb today and I can’t believe there isn’t an option out there who can play LB and LCB like Davies but younger
I don’t see any of the young CBS we have playing on the left

That's what crossing is - wide players are tasked with getting the ball in to certain positions, it's also down to to central players to be in the right place at the right time
A cross has to have a purpose, not just a direction, so I'd say it the other way around. I'll even say we lack both components for being successful as a team with such focus on wide play. First, a purposeful movement to set up the cross and something to aim for, and a good crosser to put that cross into place. Without it it's pure luck and we might as well have Vicario hoof it up to the opposite box and berate the tea lady for not being in an arbitrary place at the right time. Look at Liverpool's first goal today, that goal didn't come from the cross - it came from the movement before it. Two players running into space, not just running blindly towards goal. We on the other hand will not sink to such levels of peasantry, we are happy as long as we have a ball in from the flank and blame the lack of a dedicated striker to be on the end of a fire and forget ball without aim. Purely reactive, and to me it looks like 80% of our crosses are made with the eyes closed. The way we do it now is lottery, you can win big but shouldn't try to make a living out of it. So we can either bang against the wall for the rest of Ange's Spurs career, we can train for it or we can realise we suck at it and try to set up our attacks differently. That is what I saw glimpses of today, and I liked it.

Last edited:
A cross has to have a purpose, not just a direction, so I'd say it the other way around. I'll even say we lack both components for being successful as a team with such focus on wide play. First, a purposeful movement to set up the cross and something to aim for, and a good crosser to put that cross into place. Without it it's pure luck and we might as well have Vicario hoof it up to the opposite box and berate the tea lady for not being in an arbitrary place at the right time. Look at Liverpool's first goal today, that goal didn't come from the cross - it came from the movement before it. Two players running into space, not just moving towards goal. We on the other hand will not sink to such levels of peasantry, we are happy as long as we have a ball in from the flank and blame the lack of a dedicated striker to be on the end of a fire and forget ball without aim. Purely reactive, and to me it looks like 80% of our crosses are made with the eyes closed. The way we do it now is lottery, you can win big but shouldn't try to make a living out of it. So we can either bang against the wall for the rest of Ange's Spurs career, we can train for it or we can realise we suck at it and try to set up our attacks differently. That is what I saw glimpses of today, and I liked it.
Two attacking players moving into space
But quick, direct movement from midfield to get the ball there
The way we cross is designed to hit the striker
No striker… means no target
As I argued with someone else
Kulu as a CF is an option if you have attackers in midfield
We had nothing in midfield first half
Second half we moved him which meant we had a warm body at CF but no presence
Their CBs atw up everything centrally because they had no need to mark anyone

We usually respect each other in here, and refrain from using derogatory language when addressing others.

Ehhhh....qualify that with *mostly*, and you'd be right. But being on the opposite side to a lot of this forum on some...issues of significance, including our dear owners, I've found we certainly aren't perfect in that regard. Doesn't take much to set some people off.

Ehhhh....qualify that with *mostly*, and you'd be right. But being on the opposite side to a lot of this forum on some...issues of significance, including our dear owners, I've found we certainly aren't perfect in that regard. Doesn't take much to set some people off.
Well you do only post after a bad result mate

The movement is stifled by the pace of the passing form defence and midfield
Two huge culprits
Maddison and Romero
Both can pass but take a hell of along time to do it allowing teams to get in place too much
The tempo is painful at times. I agree about Destiny. But if we turn over the ball it’s an issue as our shape in transition is an issue. VDV missing compounds it without his recovery pace.

The tempo is painful at times. I agree about Destiny. But if we turn over the ball it’s an issues as our shape in transition is an issue. VDV missing compounds it without his recovery pace.
Honestly though
The turnover today for the second wasn’t the issue
It was 3 defenders running and one looking
With no one attempting to block a pass

We can all get heated at times but I don't recall anyone new being abusive and using the language in this case

Honestly though
The turnover today for the second wasn’t the issue
It was 3 defenders running and one looking
With no one attempting to block a pass
It was. Straight ball and in. Thats not good enough at Prem level.

As in transfer thread. I have concerns about system and players. Do we have the quality and intelligence to play the system/style Ange wants.

Back