• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

I agree with your sentiments but I'm 64 and have been sold this 'things will get better line' for too long....

We were much better than man u and woolwich for a good few years in recent times but won nothing... They won 3 or 4 trophies each in that time....

We are a mentally weak club whose motto should be, ' stick with us, things will get better so keep spending your money '..
Or don’t spend the money of course
There is a choice

I saw Romero wait on the ball then open them up. Maddison also one of better passers.

I think our issue is more to do with finishing. Being clinical in the final third. Not enough of our players are natural finishers. If Son and Poro don’t tuck the ball away, who else will?
Romero did a few, so did Maddison
But look at how many touches they have
I’d guess Romero had 100 touches again

Bedfords keyboard is legendary, and a source of much entertainment here.
I actually don’t want it fixed tbh. I enjoy trying to figure out the hidden work.

I’m actually embarrassed to admit it took a few posts to figure out what okayed was. But in my defence okayed actually worked in the sentence. But yeah not the rest lol

It's a shame Kulusevski will be away for the International break... We could have used these 2 weeks for an intense training course on how to pressure the opponent without fouling them... 'Every.. Single.. F**kin.. time'!

I love him for 90% of the stuff his does on the pitch but he tackles like an excitable kid in a playground.

Another brainless defensive performance. Dominating posession but we always look wide open when we lose the ball. Ange ball still only got plan A . No difference from last season.
Having just a plan A is fine. It's just that plan A is highly susceptible to counters. So plan A has to address that.

We will never win easily but will lose easily against our current set up by Aussie Ardilles. This is the problem we need elite players to even attempt to play this crazy style of football …yeah mate nah mate this ain’t Emirates Marketing Project …

It’s easy for the opposition to score … honestly they just need one chance, lob the ball over the top and they are in. It’s bloody suicidal football.

Always look to miss chances and always look like we will concede … last year it was 60+ goals in the season … not great.

I think some have blinkers on due to mourinho and conte previous management and are just happy to see this naive football being played. You have to ask urself what is the end goal of Aussie Ardilles at the helm? Is it to win a shiny thing that sparkles because it’s not going to happen with no midfield or defence structure.

He needs to tweak the system from gung ho no matter what to playing in periods of this type of football.

Oh sweet summer child. Has anybody else been on this forum since the gg-net days? Late 90's, only 2 Spurs outlets - this and alt.sports.spurs. Now I feel old. Anyway, there was a completely different tone back then when we were proper brick (but still won a league cup).
Wow, was the .net version around that long ago? I found it in the early 2000s. Was lurking on here and SpursCommunity. Eventually ditched the other one and settled here

We will never win easily but will lose easily against our current set up by Aussie Ardilles. This is the problem we need elite players to even attempt to play this crazy style of football …yeah mate nah mate this ain’t Emirates Marketing Project …

It’s easy for the opposition to score … honestly they just need one chance, lob the ball over the top and they are in. It’s bloody suicidal football.

Always look to miss chances and always look like we will concede … last year it was 60+ goals in the season … not great.

I think some have blinkers on due to mourinho and conte previous management and are just happy to see this naive football being played. You have to ask urself what is the end goal of Aussie Ardilles at the helm? Is it to win a shiny thing that sparkles because it’s not going to happen with no midfield or defence structure.

He needs to tweak the system from gung ho no matter what to playing in periods of this type of football.
I think the language is a bit unnecessary but you are correct. You can't concede like we do and win things. But...

What is success for Tottenham Hotspur? Seriously. Is there a manager who could get us challenging Woolwich and City? 90 points a season? Poch had us punching so far above our weight and 86 was as good as he managed (which was brilliant). We are never, in a month of Sundays, winning the league under ENIC. And that's not a cut at them, they've done a great job with this club all things considered. But under this ownership model, we aren't really competing unless there is a massive drop off from the top teams.

Success for us is competing for fourth and hoping for some luck in the cups. Can Ange achieve that? Yes, even playing this way. He could also finish 7th and get knocked out early. And, let's be honest, we're a brilliant watch compared to most teams.

The Messiah doesn't exist for Tottenham.

Wow, was the .net version around that long ago? I found it in the early 2000s. Was lurking on here and SpursCommunity. Eventually ditched the other one and settled here
Yeah, I remember before gg.net there was something like 'Bruce Spurs at the Legend' which was a daily email with hundreds of posts on one email, I would read it at lunchtimes in about 1997 because my work had email but we did not have internet access. And in 1996 we didn't have a server or a network, just floppy disks. Crazy days,

You’re intimating we aren’t? But of course we are. Is there inherent naivety in this team? And does that come from Ange? Idk. It is possible. There are no points for chivalry. We could have complained to the ref and had a player sent off. But better - Ange wants us to win it with our football.

1-1 and dominating. We didn’t get the second goal. That is the greatest issue.
I don't see any proof of defensive drills, certainly not from set pieces and crosses being worked on.

I think the language is a bit unnecessary but you are correct. You can't concede like we do and win things. But...

What is success for Tottenham Hotspur? Seriously. Is there a manager who could get us challenging Woolwich and City? 90 points a season? Poch had us punching so far above our weight and 86 was as good as he managed (which was brilliant). We are never, in a month of Sundays, winning the league under ENIC. And that's not a cut at them, they've done a great job with this club all things considered. But under this ownership model, we aren't really competing unless there is a massive drop off from the top teams.

Success for us is competing for fourth and hoping for some luck in the cups. Can Ange achieve that? Yes, even playing this way. He could also finish 7th and get knocked out early. And, let's be honest, we're a brilliant watch compared to most teams.

Great post. Personally these days I just try and enjoy watching our games, rather than desperately hoping for a level of success that we’re very unlikely to have given our competitors’ financial advantage.

Surely your post suggests that a Messiah does exist - it’s just not ENIC?

But what is it?
Enic have invested in the team and the squad pretty consistently
What they aren’t is an oil state
As repeatedly discussed before, are their many left that would buy the club and its current value. I doubt it
Of course you have the US hedge fund route but that’s not proving popular at Chelsea right now

Sorry, I mean from a manager perspective, there is no Messiah.

From an owner perspective, sure. A generous billionaire takes us over and changes how we operate and we can compete. But there aren’t many of them. As I always say, there are a handful of potential owners who could take us forward but there are dozens more who could take us backwards. Levy and ENIC have done and continue to do a very good job. But this is probably the best league in the world. Very good won’t take us to a championship barring a Leicester type freak season.

Back