• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT*****Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea, Saturday 8th March 5:30pm

Anyone know any decent pubs in Notting Hill showing the game?

I work near there, all the decent pubs don't show football sadly

the Prince Albert might, I've seen them showing rugby so you might get lucky

if you want to guarantee I'd head towards bayswater as there are a couple of holes there that show football, the Phoenix and the redan off the top of my head, I've not been in either for years though so can't comment on how nice they are

I work near there, all the decent pubs don't show football sadly

the Prince Albert might, I've seen them showing rugby so you might get lucky

if you want to guarantee I'd head towards bayswater as there are a couple of holes there that show football, the Phoenix and the redan off the top of my head, I've not been in either for years though so can't comment on how nice they are

That's a blast from the past, I used to work there 15 years ago, great area for pubs, not so great for sports pubs though.

What really ****es me off is the defeatism mentality. We will never be top 4 regulars until we get our mentality sorted. Some of that comes from the players, a lot of it comes from the manager. That's why Jose is soo good he had that belief and he instil sit in his players.

We don't have enough players on the team with the right mentality and If Tim has that mentality he's not been able to get it across to the players yet. People joked he was Harry mark II but you know what every manager need a bit of what Harry has, that ability to motivate players to play their natural game.

Tomorrow if the players have that defeatist attitude at the back of their minds it's only going one way.

If I'm Sherwood I'd make every cnuting one of the sit through video replays of the Liverpool and Cireh games- remind them how bad those felt. really annoys me when I see players not playing with all their heart FFS gave some f'ing pride for once!

At some point it's just realism from us fans though.

No team in the league has beaten a Mourinho Chelsea team at the bridge in the league, yet plenty have been top 4 teams.

Of course we have to try, of course the players must believe that it's possible. But a certain level of realism from fans won't change that.

Team news on OS. Kaboul and Walker back in the frame. So...

..............Lloris.................
Walker..Kaboul..Verts..Fryers (pls not Naughton on the left)
......Sandro..Paulinho..........
Lennon...Adebayor...Sigurdsson
...........Soldado..................

Subs. Freidel,Dawson,Dembele,Townsend,Bentaleb,Chadli,Kane

why do we still have people putting Paulinho as the deep lying playmaker??

He's done nothing but prove himself incapable of that role since he's arrived. He's not the type to receive the ball in midfield and on a half turn, get the entire team moving forward (a la Modric, Hudds, or even Bentaleb at this point). He's just a big AM who can score with clever tricks and an ability to run with the ball. He's at his best around the 18.

We were always playing better stuff with passing midfielders in our side compared to AVB's version of a mixture of DM's and AM's. You've got to have someone in there (maybe 2) with vision who can pass and create from deep. Otherwise we'll continue play without real imagination in midfield and that's just not the Spurs way.

Soldado - Adebayor
Townsend -------------- Lennon
Bentaleb - Sandro
Fryers - Verts - Kaboom - Walker
Lloris

For me the hardest part is getting Soldado in the team to reward him for his goal last week. Think that 11 has our best players (save Eriksen) playing close enough to their best positions. Might replace Lennon with Dembele but it takes away from the sides balance.

He's done nothing but prove himself incapable of that role since he's arrived. He's not the type to receive the ball in midfield and on a half turn, get the entire team moving forward (a la Modric, Hudds, or even Bentaleb at this point). He's just a big AM who can score with clever tricks and an ability to run with the ball. He's at his best around the 18.

We were always playing better stuff with passing midfielders in our side compared to AVB's version of a mixture of DM's and AM's. You've got to have someone in there (maybe 2) with vision who can pass and create from deep. Otherwise we'll continue play without real imagination in midfield and that's just not the Spurs way.

Soldado - Adebayor
Bentaleb - Sandro
Lloris

For me the hardest part is getting Soldado in the team to reward him for his goal last week. Think that 11 has our best players (save Eriksen) playing close enough to their best positions. Might replace Lennon with Dembele but it takes away from the sides balance.

I disagree with your priorities at the end of your post.

This shouldn't be about getting a player into the team, or even getting our best 11 players on the pitch. It's about putting out the team that will have the best possible chance against Chelsea.

I could see us getting away with playing two strikers, if Sherwood thinks he can get a truly top notch hard working performance from Ade and Soldado similar to the one we got against United.

I could see us getting away with playing Townsend, despite his weaknesses defensively.

But Townsend on the left, ahead of Fryers, in a 4-4-2, that just looks like asking for trouble to me.

Soldado - Adebayor
Bentaleb - Sandro
Lloris

Personally, I put him in as the lesser of 3 evils (wrong word tbh). Just think it might be too big of an ask for the young shoulders of Bentaleb, whereas Dembele currently worries the f#ck out of me at present. I think he is turning into Scott Parker with his turns, but, I just think for all his faults, Paulinho does come up with the odd vital goal.
I was a big Holtby fan, if he was still here his name would be there instead, but some bright spark sent him to Fulham

Personally, I put him in as the lesser of 3 evils (wrong word tbh). Just think it might be too big of an ask for the young shoulders of Bentaleb, whereas Dembele currently worries the f#ck out of me at present. I think he is turning into Scott Parker with his turns, but, I just think for all his faults, Paulinho does come up with the odd vital goal.
I was a big Holtby fan, if he was still here his name would be there instead, but some bright spark sent him to Fulham

Paulinho does come up with the odd vital goal, but he also comes up with the all too frequent complete disappearance act defensively. If we are to start Soldado and Adebayor we need more steel in midfield and Dembele next to Sandro is the only real option that makes sense to me at least. Although personally I would much rather see a proper 3 man midfield.

This kind of match is where Dembele often shines. His diligence defensively, his strength on the ball, his pace when closing down, chasing back or attacking on the break, his skill to skip past a man when counter attacking. All qualities we'll need. It often gets said that he needs to do more against inferior opposition, but that has nothing to do with the game today.

I would like us to play 2 up front but I suspect we will play 1 up front. If Erikssen aint fit (fallen out with TS ;)) then def two up front.

I definitely wouldn't start Townsend and Lennon. You just know thats two players who struggle for end product. I'd go for Lennon of the two because well, Townsend has been craap recently and Lennon is the better player.

To be honest we can sit here and talk about tactics and formations all we want be we know whats going to happen: within the first ten minutes they'll drive through a gap in midfield about the size of a continental plate, Dawson will get hopelessly exposed and they'll have a tap in for someone who is struggling for goals (probably Torres).

They'll then be on top without looking too much like scoring, whilst we'll struggle like shiit to get out of our own half.

At some point we'll meekly concede a second, and most likely a third, and sink without a trace.

This is one of those games we watch, hope for the best and fear/wait for the worst.

They have more quality, better manager, better tactics and are at home. After this weekend I think everyone will be acknowledging that we are, and in fact for some time have been, in a real battle for 5th.

My prediction is that we play fantastic, miss a few chances than lose to goals that are a, miles offside and b, a penalty that isnt (standard match at the bridge)

I watched the highlights of the 1994 game earlier. How Kharine wasn't sent off? **** knows! I think Spencer could have gone too. I think it was him who stuck his boot in to the groin of one of our players. Those decisions sum up the history between the two sides.

Well, we should be winning all our remaining matches to stay in the top 4 race. But just can't see this match as a must-win one. We have such a poor record at Chelsea that you cannot expect to win here. With Chelsea's excellent home record under Mourinho, we will need a miracle to beat them. I think a draw will be a good result for us. Anything above will be a bonus. Just wish we have an experienced manager to try to beat them.

Adebayor had one of his best games for us when we played Chelsea last season. Hope he will have another good game. Soldado did well to score against Cardiff. But just can't see Soldado having any impact against Chelsea if he gets to play. I would prefer if we just play with 1 striker and play a tight game. We need to make use of whatever chance we get.

This match will be won or lost in midfield. Our midfield have not been consistent this season. But hope our midfielders will suddenly have their best game for us. I think Eriksen can be our key player if he plays. Otherwise, we need to hope the likes of Sandro, Dembele and Lennon to step up their game. I think Lennon can trouble Chelsea with his pace.

Can't help but worried about our defence. Just can't see us keeping a clean sheet in this match. But it will be great if we can do so. Hope Lloris and Vertonghen will lead our defence brilliantly. We should concentrate on safety-first football and avoid any silly mistakes.

Don't want to put too much hope in this match. But it will go a long way to help our top 4 race if we can get something out of this game.

Any official team news yet ?

Wish we can field out best 11 players without having to be worried about injury problems. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get a good result.

Back