• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V WEST HAM *** Sat 19 Oct 2024 • 12:30PM Tottenham Hotspur Stadium •

An other good game, we are never going to be a mean defensive team as our priority is to attack. I would think to a neutral spectator our games are enjoyable to watch, even the tactical geniuses have a feast of errors to sate their appetite on.
I do like Kudos looks a very good player and it can only be a matter of time before he moves from them, he completely lost his head and they will miss him.
They didn't look good today but they've had a tough start losing to teams you would expect to beat them and had 5 derbies.

I despair at all the posts saying “he’s a better for the system than Son”. Well as many others have said, what’s the bloody point if he can’t produce any end product? If he gets a clear cut chance, 9 times of out 10 you just know he will miss. Given how open we are at the back, we need to score all the goals we can.
The problem with that line of thinking is that he may suit the system better but he isn't actually good for the system himself and like you've said at least with Son, he might finish a chance. With Werner you don't even have that.

It's seems so often people lump better at something as if they are actually good at it.

Also credit to Ange if Sarr for Maddison was tactical. Made a huge difference and not a sub I’d have made.

I was delighted.

I felt post-Brighton that Ange had as much to learn as the side in terms of making the right subs at the right times. The balance and power of Sarr allowed Deki to freely play the creative role, and we seemed to have renewed pace on the ball. I think Deki's emergence as a 10 has been so, so important, and if we want to play with just one, there's a genuine argument for him to get the nod right now as he does more off the ball/defensively than Maddison IMO...

Last edited:
Kulu is not competition with Maddison
We do need a real option to play instead Madda though
He takes so many touches again
Can’t do that against bus Parker’s

I don't think it's about a like-for-like player versus balance in relation to the momentum of the side. Deki's playing the 10 (I had erroneously typed 8 but Bullet thankfully pointed that out to me) well enough to allow him to be 'the' 10 in certain situations with that dynamic energy and awareness of Sarr and Bissouma. Of course Madders will be back, as well he should, and of course he will continue to play well and do good things for us. But I agree, when the bus gets parked we need to find new ways to engineer the necessary momentum to play our football...on the point of having a real option for him, it was always my argument for wanting an Eze, but if we can get Bergvall to speed this season -and continue to give Moore good minutes such as this Thursday- perhaps we have enough?

Last edited:
I'm not even thinking about the bigger picture of Spurs season yet.

We put those gobby fans back in their place, and even got their best player banned for 3 games.

My pint will taste sweet tonight.

Minimum of 3 games. Should be more
At least 2 reds for the hand into players face. Another for the kick on VDV.

I don't think it's about a like-for-like player versus balance in relation to the momentum of the side. Deki's playing the 8 well enough to allow him to be 'the' 8 in certain situations with that dynamic energy and awareness of Sarr and Bissouma. Of course Madders will be back, as well he should, and of course he will continue to play well and do good things for us. But I agree, when the bus gets parked we need to find new ways to engineer the necessary momentum to play our football...on the point of having a real option for him, it was always my argument for wanting an Eze, but if we can get Bergvall to speed this season -and continue to give Moore good minutes such as this Thursday- perhaps we have enough?
Respectfully, you mean #10.
I don't disagree.
But I think Ange's thought process was simply "play faster, 1 or 2 touch"

Back