• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V WEST HAM *** Sat 19 Oct 2024 • 12:30PM Tottenham Hotspur Stadium •

Not a massive fan of him as a pundit but Shearer did a really good bit on the difference Sarr made when he came on. Worth a look if you missed MOTD tonight.

Saw on TNT that Postecoglou told Sarr he was coming on before both teams had even left the pitch for half time; good to see him reacting straight away to stem the opportunities we were conceding after learning a harsh lesson a fortnight ago about trusting Maddison to roll up his sleeves when the going gets touch.

IMG_4310.jpeg

He may have but it has simailr vibes or when we signed Maddison for me
Also the agency works with Tottenham a lot
But we've already got Maddison and they are similar players, and Eze is only a little younger.

If we could get a buyer for Maddison, id maybe twist, but im not sure we would

But we've already got Maddison and they are similar players, and Eze is only a little younger.

If we could get a buyer for Maddison, id maybe twist, but im not sure we would

It’s about options
Donley is a few years away from the level we need if he gets there
Bergvall may get there
Eze is there already and we need the options to progress

Maybe give the manager a bit more credit and patience.

He's been here over a year now and has been working with the same GK, back 4 & DMs (if you want to call Bissouma & Bentancur that) for thw whole time, we should not be defending so poorly so regularly, there's not really an excuse for it - that said it was an off the cuff remark during the match in the match thread, shouldn't require explaining nearly 12 hours after :tearsofjoy:

Not a massive fan of him as a pundit but Shearer did a really good bit on the difference Sarr made when he came on. Worth a look if you missed MOTD tonight.

Yeah, that highlighted it well.
We have seen the same issue in CM for years when you only have 1 player trying to defend, they just get over run and there is too much space around them.

I hope we see 2 sitting more in games. Some we will be able to get away with 2 10's and just attack, but Ange might need to tone down the all out attack all the time. As we looked more attacking with Sarr running from deeper.

It will be interesting to see what sort of ban Kudus gets. If his yellow card was for the pushing with VDV, and that got upgraded to a red, then the one on Sarr is also a red.

So that would be 7 games? 3 for each red card, and an extra due to him getting 2 reds?

We have seen the same issue in CM for years when you only have 1 player trying to defend, they just get over run and there is too much space around them.

I hope we see 2 sitting more in games. Some we will be able to get away with 2 10's and just attack, but Ange might need to tone down the all out attack all the time. As we looked more attacking with Sarr running from deeper.

It will be interesting to see what sort of ban Kudus gets. If his yellow card was for the pushing with VDV, and that got upgraded to a red, then the one on Sarr is also a red.

So that would be 7 games? 3 for each red card, and an extra due to him getting 2 reds?
They did say his red was for the whack on Sarr

He was given a single red card for violent conduct, so doubt it will be anything other than a straight three game ban.

We've had so much success with all the other serious managers we've had, I think we need to change some of our fans, get some who live in the real world where you don't win every game 4-0 and play faultless matches.

Pretty weak playacting from VDV and Richarlison. Don’t get me wrong, you have to play the game especially if everyone else is doing it but I don’t like it and it’s not very becoming of a fully grown man 😂

I probably sound like a broken record at this point.

I'm not protecting VDV and Richi, but players just wouldn't have to do this stuff if the referees started applying the laws of the game. VDV was on the counter and it was minimally a yellow card for the tackle as it was a professional foul as it stopped us breaking away. Then you add the physicality, especially with the kicking out Kudus did in the tackle. He then raised his hands a couple of times after a yellow tackle. I mean, how difficult was it for Madley to get to the conclusion himself that he needed to go straight red?

If the refs continue to blatantly ignore the very laws of the game they are on the pitch for, then the entire system breaks. It feels like an obsession to keep 22 players on the pitch, but what is needed is proper enforcement of the laws.

Then the quality of football and entertainment will improve again.

That wasn’t a slap, that was a straight arm to the face.
Doing it once could be an accident, doing it twice was a deliberate action, he should be getting a retrospective lengthy ban.
100%
It was stupid too
He has had some weird moments this season so far and I fully expect him to be gone next summer

Back