• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sporting CP ***

that's not VAR, that's not knowing the laws, he headed the ball backwards
It is, because no var it's a goal as onfield officials gave the goal. No var , no official to fudge it up.
Nobody can celebrate anything now.
I didnt even get excited when we scored because the majority of goals seem to have some sort of check that goes on for minutes.
that was awful, kept a clean sheet with him on though, that's better than the other lot managed
Yeah it was all down to Royal

Can whinge about VAR all we want, the bigger issue is that we were poor for large parts of the game against an average team and needed a last minute ‘goal’ to ‘win’ that game. Gil did more when he came on for twenty minutes than most others the whole game, the way we are playing is a huge concern and I’m more bothered about that than whether some guy has drawn his lines right or not….

I'm bothered by both.

Doesn't matter if the ball goes backwards or forwards from the pass, if you're offside then you're offside. If it deflects off opponent that is now irrelevant, the player has to make an attempt to play the ball.
Anyway, we didn't deserve to win. Improved second half against a very young, unexperienced team. We were pathetic.
Wrong. You can never be offside from a pass going backwards.

Doesn't matter if the ball goes backwards or forwards from the pass, if you're offside then you're offside. If it deflects off opponent that is now irrelevant, the player has to make an attempt to play the ball.
Anyway, we didn't deserve to win. Improved second half against a very young, unexperienced team. We were pathetic.

So your saying the correct decision was made by var?

If you are behind the ball you can't be offside.
If the ball travels backwards to a player that player must be behind the ball, so on side.

That’s onside, just seen the replays on BT. The lines they’ve drawn look dodgy as fudge!

what point of the ball have they drawn the line from?

I've only seen the still image - how did the ball end up with Royal, is he not offside when he headed the ball?

Back