• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sporting CP ***

Shouldn’t have allowed Pedro Mendes any where near WHL tonight. He’s too used to us getting stiffed by bent officials!

Overheard Dier say to the ref "But the ball went backwards" and the ref just smiled like a simpleton and shook hands and mumbled something about animations. Utter farce

it's not VAR, its brick referees

shouldn't need that against teams like Sporting with the players we have

Without VAR that would be a win.

Agreed on that last point, though. But we (barely, admittedly) did the job and got the win, which was taken away from us because of VAR.

I'm so fed up with that system I find myself missing the days when we were regularly victims of poor refereeing decisions.

Not a chance offside.

offsidemyarse.jpg

So they are saying that when Royal heads it Kane is offside. Even though

1. He heads it backwards.
2. The final ball comes of the defender.
3. Most of Royals body is in front of Kane.
Royals body is irrelevant. The only thing relevant is that it's headed backwards, so Kane can't be offside then. It's a massive fuxk up by whoever was in the VAR room!

Can whinge about VAR all we want, the bigger issue is that we were poor for large parts of the game against an average team and needed a last minute ‘goal’ to ‘win’ that game. Gil did more when he came on for twenty minutes than most others the whole game, the way we are playing is a huge concern and I’m more bothered about that than whether some guy has drawn his lines right or not….

Doesn't matter if the ball goes backwards or forwards from the pass, if you're offside then you're offside. If it deflects off opponent that is now irrelevant, the player has to make an attempt to play the ball.
Anyway, we didn't deserve to win. Improved second half against a very young, unexperienced team. We were pathetic.

Without VAR that would be a win.

Agreed on that last point, though. But we (barely, admittedly) did the job and got the win, which was taken away from us because of VAR.

I'm so fed up with that system I find myself missing the days when we were regularly victims of poor refereeing decisions.

who knows, Lino might have flagged, they are told to keep their flags down now and let the VAR team check

Back