• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Man United 29/9/24 at 4.30pm **

They just aren’t very good players
They look good in moments but you woudknt want any United player when the chips are down
Garnacho isn’t good enough for what United think they are
Zirkee… another than once I’d seen the way other spurs coach bloke rave abiut him I knew wouldn’t be good enough
Just too many average players

I quite like Garnacho, he carried them last season alongside 18 year old Mainoo (who I also like). Lots of average players in there though, no doubt - but they all seem to suffer hugely from seemingly not playing a system at all. They just look bewildered out there. As teams do at the end of a manager era. It's just that they've looked like that for a very long time now. Long may it continue! 😅

It’s hype and price
They over pay for over hyped players
Then over hype what they have
I’ll pick on Mainoo as I think he is average but I’m regularly told he is world beater…. At what I ask
There are so many there
Giving Rashford £300K a week - I mean Jesus wept. Lad got a few slaps on the back for a school meals campaign and suddenly thought he was the new Andy Cole.

Giving Rashford £300K a week - I mean Jesus wept. Lad got a few slaps on the back for a school meals campaign and suddenly thought he was the new Andy Cole.

Glad there are others who can see that, it was brilliant for him to do it but there is no doubt his form has tumbled since.

I quite like Garnacho, he carried them last season alongside 18 year old Mainoo (who I also like). Lots of average players in there though, no doubt - but they all seem to suffer hugely from seemingly not playing a system at all. They just look bewildered out there. As teams do at the end of a manager era. It's just that they've looked like that for a very long time now. Long may it continue! 😅
Both of them are average
The team is just poor
Ganacho or Mainoo wouldn’t be starting for us IMO
Fully agree they suffer though because there is no system or structure

Glad there are others who can see that, it was brilliant for him to do it but there is no doubt his form has tumbled since.
Because the coverage turned into a money-spinner for him, advertising deals, he was suddenly the corporate flavour of the month. That turned into pundits and sponsors bigging up his talent more than it was. Rashford was never that naturally talented. He was always going to be one of those that needed to make the most of what he had by putting in a huge amount of effort and using his pace and nuisance value to the max. Since that episode his effort levels have declined around 5-10% and he's fallen off a cliff as a result as you say.

Because the coverage turned into a money-spinner for him, advertising deals, he was suddenly the corporate flavour of the month. That turned into pundits and sponsors bigging up his talent more than it was. Rashford was never that naturally talented. He was always going to be one of those that needed to make the most of what he had by putting in a huge amount of effort and using his pace and nuisance value to the max. Since that episode his effort levels have declined around 5-10% and he's fallen off a cliff as a result as you say.

Do not disagree with that at all.

Indefensible

Utter flimflam .. and totally fudging annoys me with these pundits who go "in my day" .. fudge off mate, the rules have changed.

Two points
- High challenge, studs showing, out of control (fudging hilarious everyone's defense if he slipped, yep, meant he wasn't in control), intent is not in the rules (his fudging intent was to stop Maddison) and clearly a certain level of frustration in that tackle = 100% red card and nothing out of precedent for recent cards
- Do you really believe if Romero did that exact same tackle, any of these fudgers would say anything but it's a red, he's reckless and needs to be banned?

Worth watching

Couple of teasers to incite

1. Here's the domination chart

MvTDC.JPG

2. Here's attempted United passes we intercepted/cut off/or were misplaced (as result of our press)

intercepted.JPG

That domination chart highlights what we've seen in a few games, Spurs are on top but start to tire badly, and Ange lets us struggle for 5-10 mins before making subs. I'm not sure if this is on purpose to really wring out the maximum from those players, or he can't see when players are blowing out their backsides and no longer able to hit maximum dynamic movement.

I don't want to dump on Son, it's just that we played probably our best game under Ange by taking him out the team and replacing him with a player in Werner that while clearly bring inferior individually and not even having the best of games actually improved us in terms of space and chance creation just by virtue of being willing to occupy the spaces Ange wants his wingers to occupy and therefore stretch play and give more space for the likes of Maddison and Kulu to operate in.
I don't think any of us who have seen him play the way he does in our shirt, with pure joy and passion, will ever want him to be dumped on, or even dumped.

It's been a long time since we have been blessed with a player staying so long his light has started to fade, but it feels like that now. That he's our club captain, one of our most prolific goalscorers and a genuinely lovely man, makes his phasing out all the more difficult.

I'd add though that he is a clever man too. He will know that unless he adapts to a more werner-esque approach, the writing is on the wall. It's hard to see him being kept in the side on reputation as I honestly don't think that level of sentimentality is in Ange's makeup, so he has to perform or he will find his minutes reduced.

For all his faults you can see why Ange wanted Werner. He makes the pitch really wide, draws the full back out and at times has to be doubled up on. As someone else said, he's there to provide crosses and tap ins predominantly.

Back