• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Man United 29/9/24 at 4.30pm **

The first time this season the team clicked fully. Still not as clinical at converting chances as we'd love to be, but it was as close to a complete performance as we've seen. Totally dominated them. Who knows how much the red helped us, it seemed to help them if anything. A lot to be said for a settled team, and the payers bedding in. And that's why we can cut Werner a bit more slack. He's not in the swing of things. However, when it comes to finishing he doesn't ever quite seem in the swing. Yet look at Johnson, wasn't playing particularly well, once settled he's on fire.

Will be a much harder game at Brighton. They have a week to prepare, we have to go get some Goulash in Hungry. Could do with Richarlison back. I thought Ange might have given Lankshire 5-10 mins at the end, as Solanke was dead on his feet.

The biggest concern is how we maintain the effort over a season. Especially if Richarlison isn't part of the squad right now. There will be opportunities for other players. Odobert, Richarlison, Werner, Bergvall, Spence, Grey, Dragusin...they all need to be firing and on form. We will need all of them you feel.

The first time this season the team clicked fully. Still not as clinical at converting chances as we'd love to be, but it was as close to a complete performance as we've seen. Totally dominated them. Who knows how much the red helped us, it seemed to help them if anything. A lot to be said for a settled team, and the payers bedding in. And that's why we can cut Werner a bit more slack. He's not in the swing of things. However, when it comes to finishing he doesn't ever quite seem in the swing. Yet look at Johnson, wasn't playing particularly well, once settled he's on fire.

Will be a much harder game at Brighton. They have a week to prepare, we have to go get some Goulash in Hungry. Could do with Richarlison back. I thought Ange might have given Lankshire 5-10 mins at the end, as Solanke was dead on his feet.

The biggest concern is how we maintain the effort over a season. Especially if Richarlison isn't part of the squad right now. There will be opportunities for other players. Odobert, Richarlison, Werner, Bergvall, Spence, Grey, Dragusin...they all need to be firing and on form. We will need all of them you feel.

Yeah, i'd like Ange to give Solanke some reward and relaxation on days like yesterday. He puts in quite a shift. Maybe he'll ask give him a rest vs Ferencvaros as in have him as a sub and start either Lankshear or go with a false 9 to start.

Yeah, Brighton will indeed be a much tougher game

Ange wants wingers
Son is a wide forward
Son wants to score
Ange ball is about creativity as much as the goals
It’s like you say… a problem
I don't want to dump on Son, it's just that we played probably our best game under Ange by taking him out the team and replacing him with a player in Werner that while clearly bring inferior individually and not even having the best of games actually improved us in terms of space and chance creation just by virtue of being willing to occupy the spaces Ange wants his wingers to occupy and therefore stretch play and give more space for the likes of Maddison and Kulu to operate in.

Brighton play a high like though which shouldn’t us if we make smart decisions with the ball

Yeah, i'd like Ange to give Solanke some reward and relaxation on days like yesterday. He puts in quite a shift. Maybe he'll ask give him a rest vs Ferencvaros as in have him as a sub and start either Lankshear or go with a false 9 to start.

Yeah, Brighton will indeed be a much tougher game
Maybe that’s starting Lankshear away midweek and dom can go site seeing

Here is a question and i will probably get a load of pelters for this but would we have performed like that if Son had played? i know some people will say he would have finished the chances Werner had but would he have made those runs and got in those positions? would he have been given the space Werner had? Would he have pressed and been as direct as Werner was? Not aiming criticism at Son what so ever, he has had a decent start to the season but someone different in there did it make a difference?

Here is a question and i will probably get a load of pelters for this but would we have performed like that if Son had played? i know some people will say he would have finished the chances Werner had but would he have made those runs and got in those positions? would he have been given the space Werner had? Would he have pressed and been as direct as Werner was? Not aiming criticism at Son what so ever, he has had a decent start to the season but someone different in there did it make a difference?

Would have been a different game. He’s not as quick as he used to be, and he was never as quick as Werner is.

He might have taken other chances though, he might also have given away another pen, we’ll never know.

Both Werners chances were from running in behind which Son is capable of/known for so no reason to think he wouldn't have had similar chances, difference here is that our midfield (?) were playing their passes quicker and the passing in general was more penetrative - would he have stretched the play in the way Wetner did is probably the more interesting question

Both Werners chances were from running in behind which Son is capable of/known for so no reason to think he wouldn't have had similar chances, difference here is that our midfield (?) were playing their passes quicker and the passing in general was more penetrative - would he have stretched the play in the way Wetner did is probably the more interesting question
Son made those runs vs brentford and didn’t manage a shot either time
That was scary

They're not good, but we made them look awful. They're not actually that bad.

If our performance up until the red card is just what we "should" be doing we're in for some ride this season. Because we really were excellent.
We were excellent to the point that we exploited what Manure did wrong. Their frankly weird, half arsed "press" played right into our hands! Fernandes and Zirkzee didn't really press, but were fairly advanced. Rashford and Garnacho stayed high and wide, leaving their two midfielders alone vs 5! All we had to do was switch side from one CB to the other and then play into one of the many free players we had in midfield, and we'd bypass over half their team!
Didn't help them that Ugarte and Mainoo both often were positioned in the same area. We got acres of space everywhere!

If they had any clue, they'd just sit a bit deeper and closer together, and keep their positions, and we'd have a much harder time. I really don't understand what the hell they're doing or trying to achieve!

We were excellent to the point that we exploited what Manure did wrong. Their frankly weird, half arsed "press" played right into our hands! Fernandes and Zirkzee didn't really press, but were fairly advanced. Rashford and Garnacho stayed high and wide, leaving their two midfielders alone vs 5! All we had to do was switch side from one CB to the other and then play into one of the many free players we had in midfield, and we'd bypass over half their team!
Didn't help them that Ugarte and Mainoo both often were positioned in the same area. We got acres of space everywhere!

If they had any clue, they'd just sit a bit deeper and closer together, and keep their positions, and we'd have a much harder time. I really don't understand what the hell they're doing or trying to achieve!

It was arrogance, thought they could play however they wanted rather than trying to counter what they knew we would try to do, Brentford made the same mistake.

We've been guilty of it ourselves.

They just aren’t very good players
They look good in moments but you woudknt want any United player when the chips are down
Garnacho isn’t good enough for what United think they are
Zirkee… another than once I’d seen the way other spurs coach bloke rave abiut him I knew wouldn’t be good enough
Just too many average players

They just aren’t very good players
They look good in moments but you woudknt want any United player when the chips are down
Garnacho isn’t good enough for what United think they are
Zirkee… another than once I’d seen the way other spurs coach bloke rave abiut him I knew wouldn’t be good enough
Just too many average players
It is quite amazing how, despite all of their resources and draw and huge investment over the years, that United have slowly declined in terms of standards to the point where you look at their squad and think "if they get top 8 they've had a good season"

It is quite amazing how, despite all of their resources and draw and huge investment over the years, that United have slowly declined in terms of standards to the point where you look at their squad and think "if they get top 8 they've had a good season"
It’s hype and price
They over pay for over hyped players
Then over hype what they have
I’ll pick on Mainoo as I think he is average but I’m regularly told he is world beater…. At what I ask
There are so many there

I don't want to dump on Son, it's just that we played probably our best game under Ange by taking him out the team and replacing him with a player in Werner that while clearly bring inferior individually and not even having the best of games actually improved us in terms of space and chance creation just by virtue of being willing to occupy the spaces Ange wants his wingers to occupy and therefore stretch play and give more space for the likes of Maddison and Kulu to operate in.

It's easy - and a bit lazy - to cast Werner as the new Bobby Soldado. But I was pleased with his play overall on Sunday.

Took up good positions, made good runs, passed well and planted tasty crosses into the box. Even worked back to defend. Yeah, woulda been great to see him score. But we're seeing a process taking hold. As long as he works within that process, more chances will come. Best thing he can do is stay positive and maybe emulate Harry Kane's post-training routine and work hard on his finishing techniques.

The other bright positive to take from the game is seeing what Kulu can do taking up a more central position. That had to be his best game ever for Spurs. Showed great understanding with Johnson and Maddison. Opens up all sorts of possibilities for Ange to work with moving forward.

Back