• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ** Tottenham Hotspur v Man United 29/9/24 at 4.30pm **

It's very very very rare for an xG that high. But the idea of xG is that on average you will hit the xG. So on average we should've hit 5.

Yes, that’s the idea. But the average is raised by highly competent players.

In most games, teams have a higher xG than they do goals scored. United had an xG of one today for example, Qarabag about 4 (3 + 1 pen) on Thursday.

According to Understat, only 4 PL teams are currently outperforming their xG this season.

It’s a rarity.

Yes, that’s the idea. But the average is raised by highly competent players.

In most games, teams have a higher xG than they do goals scored.

According to Understat, only 4 PL teams are currently outperforming their xG this season.

It’s a rarity.
It's not, if it was then the xG would be lower. Again you don't understand xG. The whole league might underscore xG over 6 games but over the full season it will be pretty close.

It's not, if it was then the xG would be lower. Again you don't understand xG. The whole league might underscore xG over 6 games but over the full season it will be pretty close.

It doesn’t work like that.

And, it’s not pretty close. It’s all over the place. Have a look at last seasons xG table. Villa would have been nowhere near CL and United and West Ham would have been fighting relegation.

It doesn’t work like that.

And, it’s not pretty close. It’s all over the place. Have a look at last seasons xG table. Villa would have been nowhere near CL and United and West Ham would have been fighting relegation.
That's individual teams, but over the whole league it would be close. If you have a Kane and Son in your team you will outscore xG, if you have Maupay as your forward you will underperform.

That's individual teams, but over the whole league it would be close. If you have a Kane and Son in your team you will outscore xG, if you have Maupay as your forward you will underperform.

Yes, but Kane and Son are rarities.

Out of the top ten xG scores in the PL last season, only Cole Palmer out performed his.

Maupay actually nailed his last season.

Who would believe a team with good forwards would score more than a team with donkeys, amazing, glad we have pundits and experts in media to tell us that.

Sorry that's BS, we played great and xG shows that. It was the highest xG for about 3 years. You can say we weren't clinical which would be fair enough but to say we weren't great in the final third is again BS.
No we wasn't to many wrong final balls, Maddison and Kulu in the first half, shooting when they should have been passing.

It was a good win 3-0 away, should have been so much better, we could have obliterated them.

No we wasn't to many wrong final balls, Maddison and Kulu in the first half, shooting when they should have been passing.

It was a good win 3-0 away, should have been so much better, we could have obliterated them.
I know the exact chances you mean and I posted the comment on here
It was poor calls from them and that’s what hurt us in other games

I believe xg is a load of rubbish, all fans of every club expect 3/4 goals a game. Any one who needs to look at stats like that to see how their team performed have not been watching the game as its bloody obvious how your team played to most.

Americans own half the clubs in the league now. They need pointless stats like this because they don't understand flow in sports.

Well, I came home from hospital this afternoon with my new-born daughter and was delighted to get through the door and watch this with her.
Having left for hospital a few minutes after we beat Qarabag, I see no issue with proclaiming her as the saviour/omen of Spurs.

View attachment 17736
Mate, hands down this is the best post I’ve seen in the 20+ years I’ve been on this site.

Absolutely superb. Congratulations!

Back