• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

are you using the same formation/players? I've always struggled with Spurs but this ones making me the nuts.

Played 433 with Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Townsend, Sandro, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado.

In the first half, I hit the frame of the goal twice. Once from a great Lamela strike. Szczesny saved a few good efforts.

In the second half, Defoe came on for Soldado, who had been booked in the first half. And it was Defoe who was instrumental in the first goal as he broke free of the Arsenal defence, latching on to an assist from Eriksen, I think. Defoe's shot was well saved though but Townsend was there to finish the move with a rebound goal from a tight angle.

The scoring wasn't over though, oh no....

The second goal was created by Paulinho as he attacked down the left. He swung in a good cross which was superbly finished by Lennon as he swung his foot on to a volley which left Szczesny helpless. I'm trying to upload the goal, as it was a pleasing volley, especially as it was off Lennon's left foot.

Lennon used his pace for the third goal. Latching on to an aerial ball, from Eriksen, which beat the Arsenal defence, Lennon sprinted clear and chipped a delicate lob over a despairing Szczesny.

I soaked up the pressure well from Arsenal. The opponent seemed talented but couldn't beat my defence. Going against AVB's better judgment, I use a deep defence but wingers pushed up the pitch. Allowing for an expansive game which can punish sides.

Final score 3-0

Townsend 69
Lennon 80,84

To show my dominance in the game. The highlights reel features 4 first half saves from Szczesny! The only other positive highlights for Arsenal being a Giroud miss and a Lloris save.

Match stats

Shots
Arsenal 8
Spurs 16

On Target
Arsenal 6
Spurs 11

Possession
Arsenal 49%
Spurs 51%

Corners
Arsenal 2
Spurs 4

Man of the Match - Lennon

As Lennon was Man of the Match, with an average rating of 8.4.

Lennon is the greatest super sub I have ever come across.

Yeah, he was incredible. As he was my Man of the Match, delighted the fans and must have sky high confidence. I've had a think about my next game and decided that Lennon can remain unused on the bench.

Someone playing as Liverpool quit against me earlier too, I was 4-0 up after 35 minutes to be fair, but still :lol:

if I am ever 4-0 down early, I play on as it's now a challenge for me to come back, though you'll find if you get 4-3, theyll time waste and play it around there box and time waste.

Division 8!

Is that the division that you were being promoted from? I'm promoted to division 9, too easy that last division. Beat Milan 3-0, Arsenal 5-0 and 3-0, beat Liverpool 5-1. I did lose one and draw one :oops: but still easy promotion. I lost 3-1 against Liverpool after I made a defensive howler which gifted them the opener. The game was played in rain & I can't stand those games, everything just slows right down.

Someone playing as Liverpool quit against me earlier too, I was 4-0 up after 35 minutes to be fair, but still :lol:

if I am ever 4-0 down early, I play on as it's now a challenge for me to come back, though you'll find if you get 4-3, theyll time waste and play it around there box and time waste.

:lol: so they had 55 minutes to launch a comeback, what was wrong with them?

I've not quit a single game in FIFA 14. Like you, I fight to come back, or at least to keep it as close as possible. I'm not an expert at this, so I will lose some and if I didn't, I'd get bored. I want it to be a challenge.

Is that the division that you were being promoted from? I'm promoted to division 9, too easy that last division. Beat Milan 3-0, Arsenal 5-0 and 3-0, beat Liverpool 5-1. I did lose one and draw one :oops: but still easy promotion. I lost 3-1 against Liverpool after I made a defensive howler which gifted them the opener. The game was played in rain & I can't stand those games, everything just slows right down.

i love wet turf!!

Well i certainly did last year when we had Bale and Lennon on the flanks, pace is really really handy when its raining, can just kick the ball ahead past the defenders and run run run.

i love wet turf!!

Well i certainly did last year when we had Bale and Lennon on the flanks, pace is really really handy when its raining, can just kick the ball ahead past the defenders and run run run.

Yup, but they had Suarez and Sturridge so had the pace advantage. Whilst, I prefer playing passing & trying to get the passes through. Strangely, Soldado is scoring a good number of goals for me, using those tactics.

Lennon seems better off of the bench too. I've played him in other matches but when he's come off the bench he's scored, but when he starts he offers less.

Yup, but they had Suarez and Sturridge so had the pace advantage. Whilst, I prefer playing passing & trying to get the passes through. Strangely, Soldado is scoring a good number of goals for me, using those tactics.

Lennon seems better off of the bench too. I've played him in other matches but when he's come off the bench he's scored, but when he starts he offers less.

I don't score too many with Soldado to be honest, I'd say Lamela gets the majority of my goals, and then Townsend, Eriksen, Paulinho pop up every now and then as well as Sandro and of coruse Lennon off the bench. But I agree, Lennon is better off the bench.

I meant just online seasons, where you dont buy anyone or sell anyone , you just play people online.

Haha my bad. I play ultimate team seasons, have not started normal seasons yet as i always seem to come up against higher star teams as i like playing with lesser teams.

Haha my bad. I play ultimate team seasons, have not started normal seasons yet as i always seem to come up against higher star teams as i like playing with lesser teams.

if youre a lesser team, you'll only come up against players with the same star level as you.

Back