• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Cheers guys. What would you reccomend I watch first? I was thinking The Wire due to the fact it's done and dusted.

What have you guys found to be the best series' to watch?

I've heard nothing but great things for The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Soprano's, Breaking Bad, The Shield, The West Wing, The Wire all amazing

Breaking Bad and The Sopranos are the two greatest shows of all time in my view. Dexter would be in my top 3 also.

I've only watched the first season of Breaking Bad and Dexter so too early for me to put them in the very top tier but I totally agree that The Wire, The Sopranos, The West Wing and The Shield are brilliant shows. I would also put Deadwood in the same bracket.

BB starts with a bang in the first episode then the next few episodes while very good, go a bit slow.

The Wire took me about 5 or 6 eps to get hooked.

Cheers guys. What would you reccomend I watch first? I was thinking The Wire due to the fact it's done and dusted.

The wire is the most immense show but my personal favourite is Dexter...either of those 2 should be your first show young padawan.

Season 4 of the wire is just fudging immense...funnily enough season 4 of Dexter is the best season too.

I've just started watching my Soprano's box set (season 1 episode 5 so far) and i'm loving it. Was going to start the Band of Brothers box set but the Sopranos temptation was just too much.

Last edited:
Definitely recommend Band of Brothers. Got it on Blu Ray and it so so good.

Plus Bobby Lazarini is in it, if you grew up watching Nickelodeon and Trouble etc you'd know him from USA High :ross:

Finished the first series of Breaking Bad and I fudging loved it. I was hooked as soon as I saw the falling trousers within the first 20 seconds of the first episode :ross:

Finished Homeland season 2.

Looking forward to how they do the 3rd, should be good, set up nicely but would like to see them do something different.

I gave up on Homeland during series 2. Could not handle the blonde woman any more, it got beyond ridiculous. The show was good when it was grounded in reality, but went too far the things she was doing. Don't want to put spoilers in case anyone isn't up to where I got to, but in reality, she would have been killed long ago, either by Nasir or her own Government for stepping on toes

I gave up on Homeland during series 2. Could not handle the blonde woman any more, it got beyond ridiculous. The show was good when it was grounded in reality, but went too far the things she was doing. Don't want to put spoilers in case anyone isn't up to where I got to, but in reality, she would have been killed long ago, either by Nasir or her own Government for stepping on toes

Saw ep1s1 just now, she's mad enough in that. Fail to see where this show is going though

Well you stuck with the show longer than me. I enjoyed the first half of season 1 which built up the tension nicely but by the end it just turned into pure Hollywood nonsense. I preferred the original series Hatufim (Prisoners of War) it was based upon which didn't rely upon some crazy Carrie character to drive the story.

I was watching the original, but then someone deleted it from the Sky+ planner, so never got a chance to follow it up. From what I hear, it is far better

Back