• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

*****SPOILER ALERT**************

Just watched the penultimate episode of Dexter season 7. Judging from the promo clip for this Sunday's episode, looks like Dexter is going to get caught. Suppose it had to happen eventually, even though I want him to get away with it.

I'm so happy Doakes appears in the season finale.
I've wanted him to come up as a part of Dex's conscience for a while.

There is a season 8 which the writers seems fairly certain is going to be the final one.

I'm quite enjoying Arrow at the moment, popcorn TV.

Series 2 is bit of a chore. People assure me it gets better after but I've never found out

Somebody else mentioned to me that season 2 is slow but promised that after it gets better and better. Anyway I am going to take my time with this series I have just seen episode 6, and I will watch no more than 2 episodes over the weekend.

I found it really gets going in Season 3. That's when all the various story lines really start gelling together into a cohesive form.

But why should you have to wait for 3 seasons for a show to get going? I know The Wire gets great reviews, and from what I've seen, the acting is great, but it's just too slow for me. Breaking Bad and The Sopranos both have episodes that are somewhat slow, but they are few and far between. Plus I didn't really care for any of the characters in The Wire.

I found this with Deadwood too. Season 1 was fantastic, and Season 2 started off well with the fight between Al and Seth, but it didn't have enough to keep me interested.

But why should you have to wait for 3 seasons for a show to get going? I know The Wire gets great reviews, and from what I've seen, the acting is great, but it's just too slow for me. Breaking Bad and The Sopranos both have episodes that are somewhat slow, but they are few and far between. Plus I didn't really care for any of the characters in The Wire.

I almost quit watching The Wire half way through S.1 because I couldn't get my head around the vast amount of characters and inter-weaving storylines. It wasn't that the story wasn't "going" per se, but that I really wasn't comprehending the entire scope of everything that was happening. Of course it is hard to properly develop a character in one season, especially in a program where there isn't a central character, or even a small group/family, which the program revolves around. Breaking Bad (another fantastic series) has 4-5 main characters, the Sopranos has either Tony's family or his gang whereas The Wire has the 20+ main characters. However, the result of that is a story which is very broad in it's scope and allows any single character to develop without hijacking the entire show. Bubbles is a good example of this.

I found this with Deadwood too. Season 1 was fantastic, and Season 2 started off well with the fight between Al and Seth, but it didn't have enough to keep me interested.

This sentence really surprised me as I thought S.1 of Deadwood was the slowest of them all. S.2 was more intriguing and then S.3 was absolutely edge-of-the-seat stuff, kinda in a similar vein to how The Wire's story line evolved. I guess this, and the fact that you didn't like Seven Psychopaths means that you and I see things in a very different way. Fair enough. It would be a dull world if we all thought the same.

I have just finished watching episodes 10 & 11 of series 1 of the Wire. Basically they were two episodes of television perfection, sheer brilliance

I have just finished watching episodes 10 & 11 of series 1 of the Wire. Basically they were two episodes of television perfection, sheer brilliance

Seriously it gets so much better. You have to remain patient with season 2, but it's worth getting through.

Finished Game of Thrones... Cannot wait for season 3!!!

Now to start Breaking Bad

I complete watching season 2 recently too, an excellent show tha't right up there with HBO' finest like The Wire, The Sopranos and Deadwood =D> If only HBO would release the Blu-Rays before Christmas rather than wait until a full year after the show was broadcast though, no wonder Game of Thrones is the most pirated show of 2012.

Currently getting stuck into Dexter for the first time as CBS Action are re-showing the first 2 seasons.

I complete watching season 2 recently too, an excellent show tha't right up there with HBO' finest like The Wire, The Sopranos and Deadwood =D> If only HBO would release the Blu-Rays before Christmas rather than wait until a full year after the show was broadcast though, no wonder Game of Thrones is the most pirated show of 2012.

Currently getting stuck into Dexter for the first time as CBS Action are re-showing the first 2 seasons.

Dexter is my favourite show and has been for a few years now. The only bad season was season 6, the rest were fantastic! Season 4 being the best.

Asked for Game Of Thrones season 1 BluRay for Xmas so fingers crossed. Currently on the 2nd book so I don't wanna watch season 2 till I finish that. Then of course Season 3 on its way but book 3 is in 2 parts, 2 books, which if you seen the size of the GoT books that means S3 will be huge.

Enjoy Breaking Bad, you'll love it! I can't wait for the final 8 episodes next summer!

Why haven't they been released on blu ray in the UK yet anyone?

I've only watched the first season of Breaking Bad which I bought on DVD when it was a fiver last summer. Very annoying that the earlier seasons haven't been repeated on TV since then and no sign of the UK getting any Blu-Ray releases either afaik.

Dexter is my favourite show and has been for a few years now. The only bad season was season 6, the rest were fantastic! Season 4 being the best.

Watched 4 episodes so far, seems to be shaping up nicely...

Does anybody watch The Walking Dead? And is it any good?

One of the best dramas on TV in recent years imo. There's several other fans of the show on these forums if you search this thread.

Last edited:
Back