• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Appreciate the suggestions but not sure about having yet another streaming service!

Did the first episode and I just don't know if my brain works with Vince Gillian's writing style, for a "real life program" (as in, not sci Fi / fantasy) there's always something that passes my threshold of suspension of disbelief. Both the main characters in Saul + Breaking Bad are excellent but there's too much that just doesn't play out right for me to be gripped by it.

These are minor incidents from the first episode presumably with no real consequence but I'll put them in a spoiler just in case

Saul is defending 3 kids who fudged a severed head in each other's company whilst filming it but seeming pretty normal aside from that, and the ginger kids doing the skateboard insurance scam who managed to maintain the same speed as the hit and run driver just by hanging on the back of other cars after the incident. Just not plausible. It could be said that this is overthinking it but it just seems like reasonable analysis to me!

And I find the pre exposition shots a little tedious, "oh look there's a bin in the foreground of the shot whilst he's getting in the lift, I bet that'll come up later". The character ends up kicking the bin on the way down "Oh wow, such an emotional payoff, I really felt like I knew that bin, having seen it before" - Meh.

Ended up going for "Dark", German time bending drama which was recommended a while back and I chewed through three episodes yesterday, enjoying it thoroughly. Hope it's nothing like Lost where there was so much intrigue / mystery but never any proper answers.

Dark is brilliant. 3 excellent seasons. Its time travel so you kind of need to pay attention to who is who when you jump back and forwards in time etc. But I loved it.

Just started watching Mr In-between, great show and rattled through about 10 episodes in the last couple of nights (helps they're only 22 minutes)

If you are into thrillers I have to recommend the new series on Netflix - The Night Agent.

I watched the first two episodes yesterday and have just finished episode three. I think the show is thoroughly entertaining and with seven episodes to go I expect to finish it tomorrow at the latest.

If you are into thrillers I have to recommend the new series on Netflix - The Night Agent.

I watched the first two episodes yesterday and have just finished episode three. I think the show is thoroughly entertaining and with seven episodes to go I expect to finish it tomorrow at the latest.
It's a very slick, non-thinky, Bourne-type thing.

Good fun and easy to binge.

Back