• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Ohhhh let us know how it is...

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I thought it was rather slow and lighting poor, I assume it's supposed to reflect how dark houses would have been at the time, it's strange how some film makers want to get close to reality in some areas but feel they can change the original text or meaning to make it more relevant to today.

I thought it was rather slow and lighting poor, I assume it's supposed to reflect how dark houses would have been at the time, it's strange how some film makers want to get close to reality in some areas but feel they can change the original text or meaning to make it more relevant to today.

Interesting. I like the filmmakers / producers having artistic license to change certain aspects, not much point in remaking things otherwise imo. It's not an exact like for like comparison to what you've mentioned but take the Baz Lurman version of Romeo and Juliet for example or Hamilton. Massive fan of playing with source material, fictional or otherwise as long as it's done well. It just takes a bit of faith in the audience's intelligence to understand that things have been changed.

On another note, finished season 1 of Dark, I am thoroughly gripped. No major plotlines in the spoiler but something worth not reading if you're interested in watching it fresh -
As it spreads over three timelines (or four after the finale) there's casting of the same characters at different ages and whilst it can occasionally be slightly confusing they did a tremendous job of finding the right people for the roles
Bit of a headfudge but excellent in terms of cast, story, music and loads of beautiful German small town / spooky woods vibe.

Also binged the Woodstock 99 mini series on Netflix. The kingpin organizers of that festival had absolutely no shame and sacrificed the health and safety of a captive audience in the search for profits, ideal capitalists but awful souls. Micheal Lang in particular, has that eternal optimist idiotic smile whilst not acknowledging anything going around him. Whilst there's not an excuse for the attendees going feral, no chance of cleanliness, barely any proper security, no water (unless you wanted to pay something like $12 for a bottle of water. It's worth a watch and they do show both sides of the argument but it's hard not to despise the fatcats saying "nothing serious happened" sweeping rapes and eventually 3 deaths pretty much under the carpet. Don't know how they could live with themselves Worked a fair few music festivals that had a similar kind of "visionary" as Lang, who had lots of wide eyed wonderful ideas but very little concern for fan safety.........

Interesting. I like the filmmakers / producers having artistic license to change certain aspects, not much point in remaking things otherwise imo. It's not an exact like for like comparison to what you've mentioned but take the Baz Lurman version of Romeo and Juliet for example or Hamilton. Massive fan of playing with source material, fictional or otherwise as long as it's done well. It just takes a bit of faith in the audience's intelligence to understand that things have been changed.

On another note, finished season 1 of Dark, I am thoroughly gripped. No major plotlines in the spoiler but something worth not reading if you're interested in watching it fresh -
As it spreads over three timelines (or four after the finale) there's casting of the same characters at different ages and whilst it can occasionally be slightly confusing they did a tremendous job of finding the right people for the roles
Bit of a headfudge but excellent in terms of cast, story, music and loads of beautiful German small town / spooky woods vibe.

Also binged the Woodstock 99 mini series on Netflix. The kingpin organizers of that festival had absolutely no shame and sacrificed the health and safety of a captive audience in the search for profits, ideal capitalists but awful souls. Micheal Lang in particular, has that eternal optimist idiotic smile whilst not acknowledging anything going around him. Whilst there's not an excuse for the attendees going feral, no chance of cleanliness, barely any proper security, no water (unless you wanted to pay something like $12 for a bottle of water. It's worth a watch and they do show both sides of the argument but it's hard not to despise the fatcats saying "nothing serious happened" sweeping rapes and eventually 3 deaths pretty much under the carpet. Don't know how they could live with themselves Worked a fair few music festivals that had a similar kind of "visionary" as Lang, who had lots of wide eyed wonderful ideas but very little concern for fan safety.........

I agree but I'm such a dingdongens fan and find his work still has a message despite the annoyingly weak heroines.

Just finished watching the final episode of The Night Agent, absolutely loved it.
It's cheesy as fcuk, with so much cheesy expositional dialogue, but the story is compelling. I did, however, and to my slight shame, watch and enjoy the Jack Reacher series on Amazon.

It's cheesy as fcuk, with so much cheesy expositional dialogue, but the story is compelling. I did, however, and to my slight shame, watch and enjoy the Jack Reacher series on Amazon.

Was that the one where the short arse Cruise played Reacher?

Another one for thumbs up on reacher. Like the books, not too deep. Big bloke walks into town and sorts it out. Modern day cowboy. Very faithful to the books (although can't remember if i read that one).
Binged it.

Big fan of Masterchef, always enjoyable

Still waiting for Greg to harshly critique any attractive women though, always working the angles that lad

Back