• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Finished watching Happy Valley last night. I'd never watched it before but given all the hype around the last series (don't recall any for S1 and S2?) thought I'd give it a go.
It was pretty good. S1 definitely the best, really had me hooked. Then after that it kind of tailed off and the different strands of the story were quite silly by the end I thought (and a rubbish ending), but still very watchable - easy watching. I don't get all the hype though. I'm sure there have been better police series.
Shout out to the actor who played Tommy Lee Royce though. He was very good, especially in S1 and S2.
Have you seen McMafia
He is the main man in that and was talked about as being a Bond off the back of it

I tried with Ozark I just could not buy into the main two. Cranston adapted better from comedy to BB better than Jason Bateman IMO

Its very good but it gets repetitive. Launder money for bad guy, things go wrong, bad guy dies, brief period of relief, new bad guy appears, launder money for him/her, things go wrong, repeat cycle

Ruth was a badass character but it got kind of disappointing how easily mislead she was too.

It was amusing how totally fine Bateman's character was with being tortured (including the ripping off of toenails) just like a day after the incident. I kind of gave up after that.

The bi-polar brother was a tragically disappointing addition as well, not exactly a nuanced take on the condition.

How can even a mini obit not mention his performance in The Wire?

Incredible performance/ character. Honestly that's the main thing I knew him from but he was badass on the Eric Andre show also.

Edit - I've also signed back up to Netflix, almost exclusively because I need to rewatch it's always sunny in Philadelphia - In the first season (even before Danny Devito showed up!) they've covered racism, abortion, underage drinking and people feigning cancer as well as child molestation. If these aren't subjects you think should be involved in comedy I legitimately feel sorry for you.

I''ve been watching a lot of the IASIP podcast and it's been a great insight in to comedic masters working their craft, especially the writer Megan that they produce the shoe with various guests along the way. The episode with Lin Manuel Miranda interviewing the gang on "The Nightman Cometh" was a genuine delight.

Last edited:
How can even a mini obit not mention his performance in The Wire?

Incredible performance/ character. Honestly that's the main thing I knew him from but he was badass on the Eric Andre show also.

Edit - I've also signed back up to Netflix, almost exclusively because I need to rewatch it's always sunny in Philadelphia - In the first season (even before Danny Devito showed up!) they've covered racism, abortion, underage drinking and people feigning cancer as well as child molestation. If these aren't subjects you think should be involved in comedy I legitimately feel sorry for you.

I''ve been watching a lot of the IASIP podcast and it's been a great insight in to comedic masters working their craft, especially the writer Megan that they produce the shoe with various guests along the way. The episode with Lin Manuel Miranda interviewing the gang on "The Nightman Cometh" was a genuine delight.
Always Sunny has some BRILLIANT episodes.

My faves are the Atlantic City one, the Gang Group Dates and The Nightman Cometh. I also watched it so much in lockdown. A pub near my sister's house in Peckham did an IASIP pub quiz one night, I really fancied my chances in it as have watched it back and forth but no one was really up for going with me. Still annoyed I didn't go and this was years ago!

Back